Premier league or champions league

Which would you rather we won this season?

  • Premier League

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Champions League

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

sals

First Team Squad
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
19
Just started my summer job and during the long hours of mind numbing boredom i started to think which i would rather the team won this season between the premier league and the champions league.

It was an interesting one because the premier league is obviously the primary focus of the season, we play the majority of our games in it and it is that battle for domestic supremacy. It has hurt deeply watching the mancs win it these last 3 years and being so close, especially in the 08/09 season.

However we have won the premier league recently and that one elusive trophy is the Champions league. If we have suffered heartbreak in the premier league words can not possibly express the pain we as Chelsea fans have gone through in this competition in the last couple of years. Between shootout defeats, incompetent referees, phantom goals and a crappy moscow pitch we have continued to miss out on this trophy. It would do so much for our club and truly cement our rightful place as one of Europe's elite to lift this.

For that reason this is why my vote will go champions league for this season, would be very interested to see where peoples priorities are in this.

chelsea-losers-lampard-move-415x275.jpg


ChampionsLeagueTrophy%201.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
The prem league. Not even a debate worth having IMO

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Champions league for once - Kings of Europe rather than Kings of England! Im convinced we will win one of them.

 
I want the Champs league...just to arrest the demons of consistently coming so close, but pulling up short through a unfortunate bit of luck.

Once we've won it once, we'll have no demons and should be able to win it again sometime, and we can go back to focussing on the league.

:D

 
Ooooh, this is nice, I've only voted on that question about 5 times in the last few years!

You'd think by now, after all the disappointments in the Champions League, I have my heart set on winning it NOW. But no, it's still the Premier League to me. At least that's less errrrr... whimsical than the CL.

 
What Fester said but forced to choose 1 - The Prem, no question

 
So win a competition where the most consistent performer home and away wins the trophy after beating some of the best teams in European football who contain, arguably, the cream of the crop of world class players within their respective squads on the march to ultimate glory

Or

Win a competition overrun with corruption and match fixing allegations whilst containing dead rubber nothing games in its format and open selective help dependent on TV revenues? Falsely masquerading as the champions battling arena (but don’t worry if kids born when you last won your respective championship are now old enough to buy drinks in pubs legally ) whilst turning your backs on the supporters of each team and forcing clubs not to sell seats in case fans block the advertising hoardings .

Prem every time

 
Obviously I want us to win both and the FA cup as well. But if I can only pick one between the league and the champions league, then I am slightly torn.

Of course I'd love it if we won the league. I want us to be the best in England again after missing out for some time.

But winning the Champions League is big and we have never done it. It really is one trophy that players like Lampard and Terry doesn't have and I would really like them to have it.

We've been close so many times. Terry slipped up one year and the next a certain ref who I shall not name screwed us royaly.

To see Terry lift the Champions League trophy would be huge and I am quite sure I would cry like a baby.

So I say the Champions League this year and we can take home the league next year instead (or both this season if that's okay with the rest of you :D ).

 
It's not even close for me, the Premier is most important because it shows us as the best and most consistent team in the best league,

going on a good cup run even in the CL even if it was not in the slightest corrupt is not as absoloute proof that the best team has won.

I would obviously love for us to win it but I feel that way about both domestic competitons and don't even like losing the Charity Shield.

 
So win a competition where the most consistent performer home and away wins the trophy after beating some of the best teams in European football who contain, arguably, the cream of the crop of world class players within their respective squads on the march to ultimate glory Or

Win a competition overrun with corruption and match fixing allegations whilst containing dead rubber nothing games in its format and open selective help dependent on TV revenues? Falsely masquerading as the champions battling arena (but don’t worry if kids born when you last won your respective championship are now old enough to buy drinks in pubs legally ) whilst turning your backs on the supporters of each team and forcing clubs not to sell seats in case fans block the advertising hoardings .

Prem every time
In a nutshell for me. The FA for all its faults is a generally honest organization at the head of one of the top leagues in the world. At least we know it is an honest competition.

The only reason I want to see us win the CL is just to get that monkey off the back. After last year, I dont really know if winning it means anything about a team's greatness

 
Today I vote Premiership, tomorrow I vote Premiership, next week, month, year and decade I vote Premiership.

It isn't even a close run thing for me.

 
If we won the Premier league last season, I'd vote for the Champions League today. But 3 years in a row of Manure taking it sounds like they've been all over us, and I know it's just 3 years, and I know we waited 50 years before that, but I still feel like it's been long. That's why I vote for the Premiership.

 
Even though i love to win the Champions League so much, I can't stand the thought of Man Utd lifting it for the 4th time in a row.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top