Premier League TV rights, 2016-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Harris

Legend
Messages
44,813
Reaction score
33,250
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31357409

This is an insane amount of money, £5.1 billion spent between Sky and BT. Money in football is crazy.

_80917618_rise_tvincome.jpg


_80917619_where-games-will-be-shown.jpg


_80917620_divided.jpg


 
It's fucing bolloxks, winds me up aswell its nit fair for Sky to have it all apparently yet we have to pay more out?

 
Just shows the draw of PL football. I imagine this could possibly have been a factor in Hazard's deal considering our income will increase in the second year of his contract.

Sky is the devil.
Jose agrees so I'm sure he'll return the money they give us. 

 
Anyone else concerned that BTs coverage of the champions league will feel a bit 'cheaper'? Sky know what they're doing

 
Friday games?
Yup, recently confirmed that as part of the new TV deal Friday evening games were being introduced, as a fan I'd much rather go to an evening game on a Friday than a Monday.

 
Anyone else concerned that BTs coverage of the champions league will feel a bit 'cheaper'? Sky know what they're doing
Absolutely. Sky might get sh*t but they put on a damn good show whereas BT is second-rate at best.

 
Can't be any worse than ITV's coverage.

Personally don't mind BT too much, it's Owen's drab co commentary that lets them down.

 
Absolutely. Sky might get sh*t but they put on a damn good show whereas BT is second-rate at best.
yeah but if you watch early sky re runs they weren't great in comparison to today, they was just good cos it was was a novelty to be watching live league football, at least i don't have to pay for b.t or suffer a dodgy stream, and they are not as biased as kneecap and henry! b.t will get better once they've found their feet.

And we won't have to listen them w**kers townsend and tyldsley. thank god, you would never believe that townsend was a former chelsea captain.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, recently confirmed that as part of the new TV deal Friday evening games were being introduced, as a fan I'd much rather go to an evening game on a Friday than a Monday.
I wish they would do away with Monday games. It's the worst day of the week for football, it never feels right having a game on a Monday.

 
Yup, recently confirmed that as part of the new TV deal Friday evening games were being introduced, as a fan I'd much rather go to an evening game on a Friday than a Monday.
Friday night is better than Monday night but overall I'd rather football just stay on Saturday and Sunday if I had it my way or even better just Saturday by itself but that wouldn't TV networks who want to maximise ratings. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Will this be passed on to the fans in ticket prices coming down or to the players in sallerys 

 
I think the PL should consider sharing a small part of the TV money (like 10%) with the Football League. Wouldn't be good for the PL anyway to let the gap between them and the Championship get wider.

 
Friday night is better than Monday night but overall I'd rather football just stay on Saturday and Sunday if I had it my way or even better just Saturday by itself but that wouldn't TV networks who want to maximise ratings.
I quite like the games being spread out myself, it gives neutrals plenty of football to watch and allows everyone to have lots of talking points over the course of the week, we're more or less at a point now where there are going to be matches played everyday of the week which as a viewer and a fan of football is a good thing.

 
It makes me laugh when "neutrals" and journalists blame the likes of Abramovich for the insane amounts of money spent by clubs, without Sky this would never have happened in the first place. They turned it from a Sport into a product, and I have to say despite employing Jaymee Redknapp, they do a pretty good job of it.

Its especially funny when the journos sit round the table on Sunday Supplement bemoaning how football has changed, while being in the pay of Murdoch themselves (I assume they are paid some sort of retainer for their services)

 
Good news for Premier League players, agents, managers and chairmen but not so good for the rest of us. All of this extra money will have to come from the fans somehow. Clubs will never reduce ticket prices as long as demand outstrips supply.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top