It’s a term too general and one which is obviously going to be easily countered so fair enough. However, KDB & Salah were unearthed gems we fumbled, whereas Sterling is a 27/28 year old who has already completed English football looking for his last big contract on 350k pw before his last yard of pace runs out and the dribbling/getting to the far post isn’t as effective anymore. Let’s open up the scouting network, identify our own future legends.. repeat history with KDB & Salah but get it right this time.Two of our 'cast offs' are the two best players in the league currently. If TT thinks they work for him and can get us closer to a title then I'm all for it. Yaya Toure and Zlatan were Barca cast offs. Ignore the label and judge them on merit.
If TT wants him and Gabriel Jesus then I am happy for us to get them. Price will be reasonable given their situations.I was surprised to see that Sterling is still only 27 too. He is a reliable source of goals and assists. If he wants to leave City we could probably offer him more playing time. What sort of price would we be looking at though?
Oh please your a mod, you see everything, so you need a better excuse.I keep forgetting it, especially downstairs in its own forum, i will try harder next season, i don't want to disappoint you.
If we buy Sterling, and having said I rate him, means I'm practically duty-bound to say "Raheem to score first" every match, so by Christmas I will have lost the title. With a little discipline and help from @axman2526, you're bound to be in the running for the crown @coco!Oh please your a mod, you see everything, so you need a better excuse.
Tell you what I will try and remember to tag you @coco in each and EVERY prediction thread so you should not "forget" them.
Also I bugged @Valerie in to playing this past season and low and behold she won.
So if you fancy a Chelsea themed prize (likely a glass as @Zeta apparently lacks creativityyou probably should enter.
Au contraire we have mostly played better with a full on striker with ability whether that’s Peter osgood , jimmy floyd h Didier, le sulk, or costa. People talk about a reference point but I think of the closer or if you prefer the point of the spear. The guy that can actually do the business is what makes the team tick.I think Sterling would be great for us
we have always played better with a fluid false 9 type of forward and he will definitely do a good job in that position
and he's proven in the top of the Premier League
if he's suppose to cost 50 million it would actually be great value, he turns 28 in december. He could have 5 years of his prime with us.
no brainer for me
i meant last season, of course i agree with those examplesAu contraire we have mostly played better with a full on striker with ability whether that’s Peter osgood , jimmy floyd h Didier, le sulk, or costa. People talk about a reference point but I think of the closer or if you prefer the point of the spear. The guy that can actually do the business is what makes the team tick.
He`s head and shoulders better than Pulisic, on a completely different level to him. If we can get him for less than £40m it would be an excellent signing.Honestly, who decides these targets in recent years. Sterling for 50 or 60 million is madness. He is not much better than Pulisic and at 28 years old is
Going for Nunez would be pointless. Liverpool have had him lined up for a while now, but there are other young talents we will hopefully identify as quickly as we did once upon a time with Oscar, KDB, Salah et al.Instead of going for Nunez at 22 years old, or we could have had tchoumani last year we hesitate and try to squeeze the last penny same as we doing with Kounde now than end up loosing talent to someone else.
Is that Albert Ferrer marking La Professor?
One had a hot 6 months during 'covid football' and the other was a big contributor to 4 recent league titles. Personally, I think they're neck and neck.He`s head and shoulders better than Pulisic, on a completely different level to him. If we can get him for less than £40m it would be an excellent signing.
The only one guaranteed a start in City's forward line is Bernardo Silva. Everyone else rotates and Sterling has played as much as any of them. And they would all walk into our attack. He's played more than Mahrez, who most armchair fan coaches would take in a heartbeat.Not for me at all, any one would look good in that city side, and he's not guaranteed a start. f**king hell lukaku the c**t would look good playing in that side.
Another big mistake, too much baggage and a bad attitude. No, no ,no.