Ramires injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this on the official site:

LINK
It sure didn't look minor. he couldn't put weight on it.

Some of the worst knee injuries come when a player is untouched.

I hope for the best but fear the worst.

 
I'm quite happy to say that I've not been a fan of Ramires as such, during his time here.

I thought the criticism he got last season was well over the top, as he always gave his best.

However, I still feel that he still needs more polish yet. His finishing despite his recent goals is still pretty poor, though it has improved and I'd just like to see him be able to take on and dictate a game. Not sure he has that in him, he'll always be a second midfielder to me, rather than a guy you can build a midfield around.

Of course I think AVB's policy of unshackling him and allowing him to go forward not just Lampard has seen his game go to a level we didn't see last season. If Josh becomes all that he can be, he is going to make an excellent foil for him.

As for his injury, lets hope it is just Genk he misses. A derby like QPR, where no doubt Warnock will have Barton and co. gnashing their teeth, is just the sort of game where his run gives us an edge.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have always defended Ramires, always knew from Arsenal at home and Villa away last season he was a good player. Problem is your modern day football fan has no patience and just expects instant gratification.

He joins the long list of Chelsea players I constantly defend (Mikel, Kalou, JT etc)

 
Today's (Saturday's) Guardian has him out for 4 weeks.

I hope they're wrong.

 
Its the Grauniad, I`m surprised the managed to spell "weeks" right.

 
When we first signed him I thought it was pointless, went to the Sunderland game when we lost 3-0 and that just confirmed it for me.

However, once we came out of our Winter rut, I think he really turned it around and this season he's been one of our best performers. Not only is his technically able - long range, short range passes, through balls, shots etc, but he closes down and runs, closes down and runs, closes down and runs... We have lacked that since Tiago IMO - and I think we'll reap the Benefits of having him in our team.

 
Today's (Saturday's) Guardian has him out for 4 weeks.

I hope they're wrong.
I have to say that after watching him hobble off after going down with no contact, if he's only gone 4 weeks it's a blessing.

All the time you see players go down like that and it's season over and major knee ligament surgery. Sounds like it may just be a ligament strain or cartilage. If so, he's a lucky boy.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top