Random Movies Coming Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJames

In the Ressies
Messages
319
Reaction score
33
Here are a couple in the works, one in post production.

Old Boy remake by Spike Lee.  The original is one of my favorite movies and I'm fairly certain this will be completely f**ked up, but here's to hoping.

X5bu6jr.jpg


Second is a book I love and an original film that was horrible.  Way early, but hoping it turns into a good movie.

Another long-gestating Universal project — part of a four picture deal he signed in 2008 — is a big screen version of Kurt Vonnegut‘s “Slaughterhouse-Five.†Not much has been heard about this one recently, but del Toro has lined up a helluva writer to take it on. â€Charlie [Kaufman] and I talked for about an hour-and-a-half and came up with a perfect way of doing the book,†he told the Daily Telegraph (today’s print edition, not yet online). “I love the idea of the Trafalmadorians [the aliens of 'Slaughterhouse-Five'] — to be ‘unstuck in time,’ where everything is happening at the same time. And that’s what I want to do. It’s just a catch-22. The studio will make it when itâ€s my next movie, but how can I commit to it being my next movie until there’s a screenplay? Charlie Kaufman is a very expensive writer!â€
“Iâ€ll work it out,†he added


 
Go watch the original. 
It's a re-make? I hope they make it different enough. The original was pretty good, but I'm not too sure about this new one.

Based on that poster, I'd say they're going for something different.

 
That's the first I've heard about the Old Boy remake. I thought the original was absolutely brilliant, but despite having a good director on board I can't see the American remake being anything other than a massively toned-down disappointment. 

The Slaughterhouse 5 movie is much more interesting to me, it's a great book but I find it hard to imagine how certain concepts can be depicted on screen. Del Toro and (especially) Kaufman might just be talented enough to pull it off though.

 
The Slaughterhouse 5 movie is much more interesting to me, it's a great book but I find it hard to imagine how certain concepts can be depicted on screen. Del Toro and (especially) Kaufman might just be talented enough to pull it off though.
This is the one I'm looking forward to at the moment. Del Toro seems quite fearless as a director (shame the producers aren't brave enough to back him) and Kaufman is a write who should be able to make the script an interesting one.

 
This is the one I'm looking forward to at the moment. Del Toro seems quite fearless as a director (shame the producers aren't brave enough to back him) and Kaufman is a write who should be able to make the script an interesting one.
Agreed.  Kaufman seems like the perfect choice to write this.  Really hope that turns out well, as I am a big Vonnegut fan (but then again, who isn't?)

 
Actually watched the Korean Old Boy 2 weeks ago and had no idea it was a famous movie, my mate was just watching it when I came over.

Really weird movie and the ending was f**ked up.

 
The Spike Lee, Oldboy poster makes no sense.

I'm not particularly fond of Spike Lee personally so I won't be in a rush to see this.

Loved the original version which was based on a Graphic Novel of the same name.

 
Old Boy is a great movie, but very twisted and not one to watch if you are looking for a feel good film.

 
I really don't see this working as well as the Avengers.

SAN DIEGO --Start your drooling, fanboys and fangirls, and get ready for lots of Batarangs and heat vision. Batman and Superman will soon be teaming up on a big screen near you.

At a Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con Saturday, the studio announced that Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's Man of Steel, will reprise the role of Superman in a sequel that will also feature Batman.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will act in the same capacity for the follow-up, expected in 2015.

No casting for Batman was mentioned but Snyder teased that the Gotham City hero's relationship with Superman in Frank Miller's seminal 1980s comic The Dark Knight Returns will inform aspects of Man of Steel 2.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/07/20/batman-superman-movie-comic-con/2571665/

 
I really don't see it working at all.

Why? Zack Snyder...

300 and Watchmen were great.

Man of Steel was okay, not brilliant but then again I've never been the greatest Superman fan.

Problem with Superman Vs Batman is, you have to have so many rules in place for that to be anywhere near a "fair fight" whereas the reality is Superman could just pound Batman into dust.

I'm a massive, MASSIVE! Batman fan but a bit skeptical about it being a movie because I've always thought Superman was almost "too perfect" as a hero. 

 
300 and Watchmen were great.
300 was terrible as a movie. The original graphic novel was pretty decent. I guess the movie looked pretty cool in parts, but it didn't change the fact that the movie was terrible.

Watchmen was a better effort and it had some good moments, but as a whole it was a bit of a mess. If 300's source material was pretty decent, Watchmen's source material is pretty much a must read graphic novel. I know it's pretty much impossible to transfer it all into a movie and I tried to give it some slack because of that, but it just isn't a good movie.

One of the things that I hate about Snyder's movies is his obsession with using those super slo-mo and speed ramp effects in his fights ALL THE TIME. It's like someone using bullet time all the time. It's almost as if he just doesn't know how to shoot a fight scene "straight up".

Man of Steel was okay, not brilliant but then again I've never been the greatest Superman fan.
The previous Superman movie was just painfully boring and I haven't heard many good things about this new one, so I haven't seen it.

Problem with Superman Vs Batman is, you have to have so many rules in place for that to be anywhere near a "fair fight" whereas the reality is Superman could just pound Batman into dust.
Will it be a Superman vs. Batman movie? I thought it's just a movie with both of them in it.

...I've always thought Superman was almost "too perfect" as a hero. 
Yeah, I think he's just about the most boring superhero. Captain America doesn't have the powers that Superman has, but in a way he's too "perfect" to be interesting. Definitely one of the most boring superheroes.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top