Right Hands up if you booed the team off........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Bar Boy

First Team Regular
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
132
............Saturday ??? Fookin disgrace !!

Can't get on with New Chelsea fan's sometimes ...........they are a joke !

 
I did almost tear my hair out watching the match online, but booing my team? Never.

 
This is what I posted on match chat when I got back from the game and strangely no-one responded to the issue...thought I was the only one to have a problem with it!

can I just boo every 'fan' that booed at the final whistle...sure it was a blow we drew but FFS...go away johnny come lately's...have a look at the table...we're still top and have increased our lead! defending was a joke, but the game was still great entertainment and those everton goals were just laughable...have you ever seen a team get so lucky so many times?

 
I don't know if I would have booed the team if I was at the ground, but I wasn't compelled to boo them sitting in the loungeroom, 17,000 killometres away...then again, that might have been weird.

However, with the rest of my family on vacation in Egypt, I was able to sit there at 3am swearing excessively loudly, without fear of waking up the house.

Good times.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't boo but I cetaintly didn't clap either- although for some strange reason about two out of 10,000 on the MHL did - was I watching a diff game? because there was certainly no reason to clap any of the players( apart from Drogs who just shook his head in belief every time he scored for a couple of overpaid numtys at the back to squander the lead) - who couldn't be arsed to clap the fans just couldn't wait to get off the pitch in my opinion

I don't think however you can say that the boos all come from JCL's - the players were poor on Sat and they only have themselves to blame - they just didn't give 100% and that if anything is why people who have paid good and I might add hard to come by money at the moment -

- the boos came from a fair majority of the crowd

and all this about JCL's - if they are the ones putting bums on seats compared to others then they have every right to voice their opinions if the people who think they are old school but don't go for whatever reason thats their own fault - a football club needs a every growing fan base it can't survive with those who go to 2 games a season just because they went 20 years ago- get over it

Its a label that is wearing a bit thin now

If we had been beat by a superior side,a lucky deflection or bad referreing I can understand but to be beaten because we couldn't be arsed or seemed to forget the basic ruiles of defending and goalkeeping as was the case on Sat then anyone has the right to show their frustration

A few boos is a minority - thats not what it was on Sat

 
Stamford Bridge's crowd isn't one of supporters, it's one of spectators, just like a TV audience, very much like Old Trafford's lately in that respect.

 
first dropped points at home all season...and Pudge condones booing?...I was disappointed as everyone else, but it was nonsense to suggest the players couldn't be arsed...they were sh*t at defending set pieces for sure, but going forward did everything they could to get the win they're attacking play deserved...can't believe a proper fan would boo the players off

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Booing the team???? It's something that's been discussed on here before and something that I want to add my comments to. I haven't seen anything of Saturday's game, I saw the result, heard a few comments about how poor we were and could be bothered with sitting through the highlights. I used to go to Chelsea, I went for a very long time, I love the club as does my son, my dad, my brothers, my dad's uncle.......... we're a Chelsea family and although life has overtaken my need/desire to go to Chelsea these days I still consider myself a "proper" Chelsea fan.

I think there is only ever one reason why you would boo either your own player or the whole team and that's if they don't try. Being crap is forgiveable, having an off day is forgiveable but not trying when it really matters to the people in the stand is not on. If that's why people were booing on Saturday then fair play, and don't forget we might all have a different opinion of what's gone on on the pitch.

As for it being a disease of the JCL's, they're used to us being top of the league and winning games with relative ease so I don't think the position we're in in the league makes one bit of difference. I remember standing in the Shed once when I was younger and telling my dad on the way home that I couldn't believe how rubbish it had been over there. The atmosphere was dire, the team might as well have not bothered turning up, and then the fans (those that were left) booed the team off. "They didn't deserve fans paying their money today so they were lucky to get away with a bit of booing" was dad's reply. And he was right. The only thing is, those fans that booed now need to go back for the next game and raise the players back up, booing doesn't motivate. It's okay to let them know that you're not happy but at the next game the atmosphere has to be loudly supportive.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think quite a few players played well- ballack and ivanovic were good, ashley cole excellent, anelka good and drogba awesome. the central defence were a bit dodgy and so was cech- unfortunately we looked very weak at set pieces, but the overall performance deserved my applause I think.

there was a big reaction after the game where apparently we needed to sack off ballack and every player over 30 again, that we missed essien etc... if you want to argue about one player we missed, it was alex. we dominated the game and they didn't make one chance in open play.

 
I didn't boo but I cetaintly didn't clap either- although for some strange reason about two out of 10,000 on the MHL did - was I watching a diff game? because there was certainly no reason to clap any of the players( apart from Drogs who just shook his head in belief every time he scored for a couple of overpaid numtys at the back to squander the lead) - who couldn't be arsed to clap the fans just couldn't wait to get off the pitch in my opinionI don't think however you can say that the boos all come from JCL's - the players were poor on Sat and they only have themselves to blame - they just didn't give 100% and that if anything is why people who have paid good and I might add hard to come by money at the moment -

- the boos came from a fair majority of the crowd

and all this about JCL's - if they are the ones putting bums on seats compared to others then they have every right to voice their opinions if the people who think they are old school but don't go for whatever reason thats their own fault - a football club needs a every growing fan base it can't survive with those who go to 2 games a season just because they went 20 years ago- get over it

Its a label that is wearing a bit thin now

If we had been beat by a superior side,a lucky deflection or bad referreing I can understand but to be beaten because we couldn't be arsed or seemed to forget the basic ruiles of defending and goalkeeping as was the case on Sat then anyone has the right to show their frustration

A few boos is a minority - thats not what it was on Sat
We must have watched completely different games ? It was a cracking game of football and I saw NOTHING for a home crowd to boo at nothing .

All 3 of our goals were top class finishes . The football we played for our first goal was top draw with a superb strike to end it . 2 of Everton’s goals were complete flukes , pure bad luck and the middle one was a questionable offside when he played the ball originally .

As a season ticket holder for over 20 odd years I feel I have a right to question why anyone would boo the team off Saturday ? Since when did we have a divine right to win every home game that is the new mentality I can’t get on with. It feels like people are used to watching FIFA 10 and can pause and rewind the game and play it again if the result doesn’t go their way . I didn’t witness any boo’s from the MHU upper they all seemed to come from West Stand if anywhere .

The fact that a patched up Everton played very well and Saha was outstanding Saturday goes missing .

 
The Brit

Its not about first points dropped at home its the style they went about it

Drogs and I forgot to mention Ivan were totally comitted - Lamps was ineffective( I don't know whether its the system or him but if you paid that amount of money and Carlo said to play right back you'd bloddy well be expected to give it your all) - Joe's legs are not withstanding more than 45 mins yet hes not subbed till near the end,Malouda who has been one of our best players gets an insult of an amount of time in which to help , and the poor kid who got 5 mins put more into it than many senior players on the pitch

Ballack is a waste of space at present - his lack of pace doesn't allow him to create space and movementa nd he is turning into the Jody Morris of football who can the majority of the time only pass the ball sideways

Cech gets Terry and Ricci flusterred because they don't know when he coming for a ball and not - this is not what you'd expect from a somewhat supposidly solid defence- also one that has leaked 5 goals in 2 games

Something is wrong- thats 3 poor results on the trot - lets hope its our bad run out of the way but Everton wanted it more than us and that's why people get frustrated

Not its not the end of the world but as many have pointed out we have just been papering over the cracks with recent results and if we're not careful the whole thing will fall down

 
It was a great game if you were a neutral but I wouldn't say two of Evertons goals were luck- I think thats belittling Everton and the effort they clearly put in

For the first one if Cech doesn't touch it it goes out - ok maybe there was someone else to try and tap it in but the odds are better than if your keeper fumbles it into his own net

For the third one - if Cech stays and doesn't come out into no mans land and freezes - he saves it -but he comes out Terry & Ricci think hes going for it and he stops and they are helpless

Where is the luck in that?

Thats bad defending and communication

Drogba could have scored 3 goals of the season on Sat but it made no diff because we let 2 howlers in

Everyone could sense that they would come back and thats something that is very unusual - we never conceed when we go ahead but we are vunerable and have lost that fight that lower table clubs clearly have- everyone wanted nice entertaining football but we have lost the battle and bulldog spirit that came before

Give me that anyday over a "cracking game of football" that cost us 2 points

 
The beauty of football is we all see the same game but have widely different views. On Saturday I saw a side committed to the last ...we could have knicked it if Ballack hadnt pulled his shot narrowly wide. Yes the team made mistakes and got punished for them , sometimes it happens. We have a flaw that Everton exposed , fair play to them , we have no divine right to go out and win every game. The team need the fans at home to show support at all times , make the bridge the fortress that it is now. Players thrive on confidence being negative to them will only inhibit them from wanting to try the unexpected, that moment we all talk about for the rest of the week. Get behind our team , they need us as much as we need them.

 
I have to say I was f**king fuming after the game. Having not seen any replays of the goals, I was unaware that 2 of the 3 were pretty damn unlucky, so was livid at JT, Riccy and Cech for conceding what looked like 3 awful goals.

I did, however, not even think about booing, and was disgusted at the reaction come the final whistle. We don't have a god given right to win every game, and considering those who have season tickets have witnessed win after win after win this season, to turn on the team so quickly was pretty pathetic.

I also agree with g4 that there were a lot of positives, most notably Ivanovic, who really is just getting better and better, and obviously our front two, who are unrivalled right now.

Given that we just seemed to have one of those days where nothing went right defensively, i'm really rather chuffed we ended the day one point further ahead.

Out of interest, anyone know if the United fans booed their team at the final whistle, as they must have been a hell of a lot more p*ssed off than we were. Huge, huge missed opportunity.

 
It was a great game if you were a neutral but I wouldn't say two of Evertons goals were luck- I think thats belittling Everton and the effort they clearly put inFor the first one if Cech doesn't touch it it goes out - ok maybe there was someone else to try and tap it in but the odds are better than if your keeper fumbles it into his own net

For the third one - if Cech stays and doesn't come out into no mans land and freezes - he saves it -but he comes out Terry & Ricci think hes going for it and he stops and they are helpless

Where is the luck in that?

Thats bad defending and communication

Drogba could have scored 3 goals of the season on Sat but it made no diff because we let 2 howlers in

Everyone could sense that they would come back and thats something that is very unusual - we never conceed when we go ahead but we are vunerable and have lost that fight that lower table clubs clearly have- everyone wanted nice entertaining football but we have lost the battle and bulldog spirit that came before

Give me that anyday over a "cracking game of football" that cost us 2 points
Cech had to make the dive for the first one are you saying he should have left it and stood on his line ? He had no choice in my book . It hits the post hits his back and it goes in ? That is a fluke pure bad luck in my book.

The Third one – Cech is heard calling for it as you pointed out his defenders stop but his striker still attacks the ball he was going to gather with ease . The ball hits an opposition player and loops over the keeper again a fluke and pure bad luck

I think we were flat Saturday but after going a goal down pulled ourselves back into the game . I still fail to see anything in the performance that warranted a chorus of boos?

 
It was a great game if you were a neutral but I wouldn't say two of Evertons goals were luck- I think thats belittling Everton and the effort they clearly put in
Not belittling Everton in the least. They were played off the park and Xmas came early for them. As bizarre as it sounds we did play very well for all bar three moments of madness.

For the first one if Cech doesn't touch it it goes out - ok maybe there was someone else to try and tap it in but the odds are better than if your keeper fumbles it into his own net
Cech did not fumble the ball in to his own net. The ball came back off the post and hit him. There was nothing he could do about it.

For the third one - if Cech stays and doesn't come out into no mans land and freezes - he saves it -but he comes out Terry & Ricci think hes going for it and he stops and they are helplessWhere is the luck in that?

Thats bad defending and communication
That is true. Although I gather Cech was actually screaming at Drogba to leave it. Nevertheless, Drogba could have headed that ball a hundred times and it wouldn't have looped up like that and still gone in. It was a huge bit of good fortune for Everton.

Drogba could have scored 3 goals of the season on Sat but it made no diff because we let 2 howlers in Everyone could sense that they would come back and thats something that is very unusual - we never conceed when we go ahead but we are vunerable and have lost that fight that lower table clubs clearly have- everyone wanted nice entertaining football but we have lost the battle and bulldog spirit that came before

Give me that anyday over a "cracking game of football" that cost us 2 points
I haven't seen any evidence that we have lost our spirit and fight.

Of course I was disappointed that we didn't win but I really didn't feel that it was through a lack of effort. Certainly no reason to boo. Although, to be honest, there was only a murmuring from a few.

 
Booing the team???? It's something that's been discussed on here before and something that I want to add my comments to. I haven't seen anything of Saturday's game, I saw the result, heard a few comments about how poor we were and could be bothered with sitting through the highlights. I used to go to Chelsea, I went for a very long time, I love the club as does my son, my dad, my brothers, my dad's uncle.......... we're a Chelsea family and although life has overtaken my need/desire to go to Chelsea these days I still consider myself a "proper" Chelsea fan.I think there is only ever one reason why you would boo either your own player or the whole team and that's if they don't try. Being crap is forgiveable, having an off day is forgiveable but not trying when it really matters to the people in the stand is not on. If that's why people were booing on Saturday then fair play, and don't forget we might all have a different opinion of what's gone on on the pitch.

As for it being a disease of the JCL's, they're used to us being top of the league and winning games with relative ease so I don't think the position we're in in the league makes one bit of difference. I remember standing in the Shed once when I was younger and telling my dad on the way home that I couldn't believe how rubbish it had been over there. The atmosphere was dire, the team might as well have not bothered turning up, and then the fans (those that were left) booed the team off. "They didn't deserve fans paying their money today so they were lucky to get away with a bit of booing" was dad's reply. And he was right. The only thing is, those fans that booed now need to go back for the next game and raise the players back up, booing doesn't motivate. It's okay to let them know that you're not happy but at the next game the atmosphere has to be loudly supportive.
Great Post Barn.

I'm like you - circumstances dictate that I don't get to as many games these days (although I will be there Wednesday for the Pompey match). I too can recall back in the '80's plenty of people booing - although back then, they would have had more reason to boo to be fair. But it's not just the JCL's.

I would never boo. I shout at players and air my displeasure when I think there is a lack of effort or when a player is 100% shocking, but I never boo.

It may be wrong, but people pay their money and are entitled to boo if that's how they want to vent their frustration and at the end of the day, that's all it is.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top