RIP HM Queen Elizabeth

Sadly not all need them mate, some are even celebrating, or are crying more tears about a football game being postponed than the passing of a wonderful leader and ambassador for our once great and proud nation.
200.gif


 
Sadly not all need them mate, some are even celebrating, or are crying more tears about a football game being postponed than the passing of a wonderful leader and ambassador for our once great and proud nation.
I don't think a lot of them realize what they had.

Even our elected politicians who were more statesmanlike would visit the victims of disaster, school shootings, dead or injured service members and you would always wonder if they were there because the genuinely cared or because it made for a good photo op.  Your view of that would likely be controlled by your political views.

With the queen and her family they don't have overly worry about poll numbers and elections.  When they show up you can believe they actually care.

I heard someone say they are just national cheerleaders.  But honestly sometimes that is just what you need.

 
We can be respectful without going overboard on an outpouring of fake emotion. Save your sorrow for the old un's that will freeze this winter.
Not sure what you are getting at here Coco. 

I mean I know you and others on here feel games being postponed is going overboard, but the fake emotions part, are you saying myself, and the others in this thread, are putting forward fake sympathy? Should we not be sad about our Queens passing?

 
I was working today when i heard the news. It really surprised me that the 23 yeard old and 18 year old kids I worked with actually quite saddened by the news. I did not expect such respect from youngsters that are not even British.

Was a pleasant surprise.

 
Not sure what you are getting at here Coco. 

I mean I know you and others on here feel games being postponed is going overboard, but the fake emotions part, are you saying myself, and the others in this thread, are putting forward fake sympathy? Should we not be sad about our Queens passing?
You can be sad, just stop expecting it from everyone else, it's not obligatory, when my Grandad died in 1988 aged 94yo, i lived with melancholy for months after, i don't want to go back there again thanks.

 
You can be sad, just stop expecting it from everyone else, it's not obligatory, when my Grandad died in 1988 aged 94yo, i lived with melancholy for months after, i don't want to go back there again thanks.
Sorry to hear that Coco.

 
Very sad day. A truly end of an era after 70 years on the throne.

She served her country with distinction and was a constant throughout the decades.

RIP from Australia.

 
Not being British or part of the Commonwealth, the passing of the queen doesn't effect me too much. There are people however who are sad, and her family members are grieving. The queen reminded me of my grandmother, how they walked clutching their handbags was identical  :smile:  So now I'm thinking of my omie, which is nice.

 
I hope that this isn't a sign of bad times to come. I have been very sick recently and have just started to recover in the last few days so in times like these it's hard from my perspective to not see some heavy clouds of uncertainty when thinking about the world.

Take care all, God bless.

 
I hope that this isn't a sign of bad times to come. I have been very sick recently and have just started to recover in the last few days so in times like these it's hard from my perspective to not see some heavy clouds of uncertainty when thinking about the world.

Take care all, God bless.
Best wishes with your health @Gol15.

 
Back
Top