Room 101

Good whisky yes. Your basic bitch whisky like Jack Daniels needs a mixer to make it palatable.

DPD Drivers really need to f**k off in to Room 101 or just back to Hell where they learned to drive!
There have been occasions when I've used cheap blended whisky when cooking. I tried Jack Daniels once. Didn't like it. Give me Talisker or an Islay malt. 

Agree about DPD drivers and also other delivery drivers. I've seen them drop off a package at one house and then drive 50 yards to drop off another. Also they park up on the pavement. I once had a go at a driver for parking up on the pavement and he said that he had done so because he was worried about the wing mirror being damaged by passing traffic. What a dozy ned.

 
There have been occasions when I've used cheap blended whisky when cooking. I tried Jack Daniels once. Didn't like it. Give me Talisker or an Islay malt. 

Agree about DPD drivers and also other delivery drivers. I've seen them drop off a package at one house and then drive 50 yards to drop off another. Also they park up on the pavement. I once had a go at a driver for parking up on the pavement and he said that he had done so because he was worried about the wing mirror being damaged by passing traffic. What a dozy ned.
I get they’ve got really tight time constraints and we all use them but we’ve all got places to be. I had one yesterday who just abandoned his van in the middle of the road next to parked cars so nobody could get through.

I’ve just returfed a grass verge that’s been driven in to oblivion by vans. I guarantee that after 24 hours if I were to go look it’d have tire marks through it.

 
I get they’ve got really tight time constraints and we all use them but we’ve all got places to be. I had one yesterday who just abandoned his van in the middle of the road next to parked cars so nobody could get through.

I’ve just returfed a grass verge that’s been driven in to oblivion by vans. I guarantee that after 24 hours if I were to go look it’d have tire marks through it.
Yes, they've got time restraints but no excuse to park where they want just because it's convenient for them. As you say we all have places to go. God forbid if an ambulance or fire engine was held up.

 You're right, the verge will be damaged by tyre marks.

 
This may be controversial but people who add mixers and ice to whisky. Why spoil a good drink? A drop of water is sometimes acceptable but for a blended whisky and not for a single malt. Distillers have spent years perfecting the taste of a whisky so why spoil it with stuff like lemonade. An insult to the distillers. 
not at all, my angel. All Americans seemto add not jusy ice cubes but crushed ce to whisky. Maybe that's the only way to make thrir own whisky palatable,but I once in America asked for a large sinle malt ( light have been Lagavulin) and he brought ma alarge glass of mush with a strwa. I gazed at in in confusion before asking what it was. It' crushed ice your whisky he said, without a trace of shame. I said 4Did I ask for anything to be crushed in?  I don't think so One LARGE Lagavulin, is what I said!"  I think I adopted a very Weegie accent to say it.forgive the typos. I need new specs.

And to the young man who has his christman drnk planned?????   No no No You just go out and see what happens!

NEW theory on the ever-decreasing intelligence of political yanks - crushed ice in their dram! 

 
not at all, my angel. All Americans seemto add not jusy ice cubes but crushed ce to whisky. Maybe that's the only way to make thrir own whisky palatable,but I once in America asked for a large sinle malt ( light have been Lagavulin) and he brought ma alarge glass of mush with a strwa. I gazed at in in confusion before asking what it was. It' crushed ice your whisky he said, without a trace of shame. I said 4Did I ask for anything to be crushed in?  I don't think so One LARGE Lagavulin, is what I said!"  I think I adopted a very Weegie accent to say it.forgive the typos. I need new specs.

And to the young man who has his christman drnk planned?????   No no No You just go out and see what happens!

NEW theory on the ever-decreasing intelligence of political yanks - crushed ice in their dram! 
@moi You'll be pleased to learn my 93-year old mum still enjoys her whisky, preferably from a glass we had specially made for her whisky-drinking mum. No ice or straw in sight for either.

 
not at all, my angel. All Americans seemto add not jusy ice cubes but crushed ce to whisky. Maybe that's the only way to make thrir own whisky palatable,but I once in America asked for a large sinle malt ( light have been Lagavulin) and he brought ma alarge glass of mush with a strwa. I gazed at in in confusion before asking what it was. It' crushed ice your whisky he said, without a trace of shame. I said 4Did I ask for anything to be crushed in?  I don't think so One LARGE Lagavulin, is what I said!"  I think I adopted a very Weegie accent to say it.forgive the typos. I need new specs.

And to the young man who has his christman drnk planned?????   No no No You just go out and see what happens!

NEW theory on the ever-decreasing intelligence of political yanks - crushed ice in their dram! 
I've been in pubs in the U.K. and ordered a whisky and it has been served with ice in it. Have sent it back saying I didn't ask for ice. Why is it that pub staff think you want ice or anything else in their whisky. It's just a waste of a good drink. As for whisky I bought four single malt whiskies the other day: Laphroaig, Bunnahabhain, Balvenie and Tamnavulin. Four very enjoyable whiskies. I also bought a bottle of Famous Grouse. My family know that I won't allow ice, water or anything else to be added to single malt which is why I bought the blended whisky so they can add stuff to it. Not ideal but certainly preferable to adding muck to a single malt.

 
  • Like
Reactions: moi
@moi You'll be pleased to learn my 93-year old mum still enjoys her whisky, preferably from a glass we had specially made for her whisky-drinking mum. No ice or straw in sight for either.
Correction: my mum is 94, how did I miss a year...

 
  • Like
Reactions: moi
You’re all going to hate this. I’m a rum drinker generally but when I have a whiskey (note proper spelling), I like a single block of ice.

 
You’re all going to hate this. I’m a rum drinker generally but when I have a whiskey (note proper spelling), I like a single block of ice.
Ye gods, perhaps we should consign you to Room 101 then! What do you think @Boyne 

Also @Boyne : you bought 4 bottles of single malt all at one time?  Are you a millionaire?

 
Can we put the depressed lion with it’s sex toy on the top of the page in to room 101 please?

 
Ye gods, perhaps we should consign you to Room 101 then! What do you think @Boyne 

Also @Boyne : you bought 4 bottles of single malt all at one time?  Are you a millionaire?
Alas I'm not a millionaire. If I were I'd spend even more money on whisky and books. A Jaguar XK120 would be nice as well. Bought another bottle of whisky this morning. A bottle of Jura.

 
Alas I'm not a millionaire. If I were I'd spend even more money on whisky and books. A Jaguar XK120 would be nice as well. Bought another bottle of whisky this morning. A bottle of Jura.
@Boyne If you're trying to make me fall in love with you, your tactics are spot on!!

 
Can we put the depressed lion with it’s sex toy on the top of the page in to room 101 please?
200.gif


 
@Boyne If you're trying to make me fall in love with you, your tactics are spot on!!
Bless you dear lady. As mentioned before give me a pile of history books and a couple of bottles of single malt whisky and I'm a happy man.

 
Back
Top