Shed End Football Manager challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the team I put out in my first game, you may recognise a few of them:-

/monthly_02_2011/post-76-0-03158400-1298129956.jpg

And this was the result, pleasantly surprised by it.

/monthly_02_2011/post-76-0-62716200-1298130001.jpg

 

Attachments

  • Shed End Coventry.jpg
    Shed End Coventry.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Coventry 1st game.jpg
    Coventry 1st game.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 0
Got a promising squad there to be honest, how did you get that black skin anyway? is it already in the game because I hate my white one.

 
Just started with 1 Scottish League and promised a top-half finish.

Spent my wage budget on has beens but got some promising results in my first two friendlies. Went down 4-2 to City who played a pretty full strength team and then beat Chelsea 3-0. (Cech was our only first teamer)

I really, really want to shaft that scumbag Marlon King but he has only just joined so it's hard.
If you managed to kick King out please tell how! I just saw his bloody contract, I'm signing youngsters and veterans for cheap, he's destroying my wage rates. How can they offer him 11,000 a week is beyond me, I'm paying Jan Koller 2,300.

 
Will be purchasing fm11 on monday so ill get involved then... should be an interesting first game!

 
I plan on starting tonight.

The misses had me shopping this morning and after the FA loss, I'm just too gutted to start now. Couldn't even enjoy my lunch.

 
I'll be starting tomorrow, hangover permitting. I was gonna start this evening, but my purchases tend to get a bit erratic when I've had a drink :laugh2:

 
I'll be starting tomorrow, hangover permitting. I was gonna start this evening, but my purchases tend to get a bit erratic when I've had a drink :laugh2:
:laugh2: You and me both Steve. I once had a great game going as Chelsea, then got snottered and the next time I played it I had sold all the current players and signed a load of kids I had never heard of because they had funny names.

 
By the way, remember to post your first squad for your first game just so we can all see.

 
i think everyone should be posting(screenshot) their finances once the set the expectations for the season ?

so no one ends up using the editor

i am starting this tomorrow...i usually play with 27 leagues on medium database

all english and 1 scottish is going to make the game speed very fast :JC_doubleup:

what about the editor data's ?

i am using the january.dbc all transfers complete and attributes changed and database version 11.2.0

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wait the latest data as in January update? I'm still using the one before then. Ah fooey.

Anyway in my actual game my record is 3-2-3 for eleven points which puts me 10th with 13 goals for and 10 against.

Results: (Coventry Score First)

Barnsley 2-1 H

Norwich 1-1 A

Palace 1-2 H

Watford 0-2 A

Swansea 0-1 A

Hull 3-0 H

Sheffield Utd 3-3 A

Sc**thorpe 3-0 H

League Cup:

Dag and Red 2-0 H

Burnley 3-1 A

(Going to get a smacking away in the derby at Villa in the 3rd Round.)

Team against Sc**thorpe (4-4-2 Diamond):

Kieran Westwood, Abubakari Yakubu (Free), Jay Demerit (Free), James McPake, Marko Babic (Free), Lee Carsley, Aron Gunnarsson, Jason Culina (250K Gold Coast United), Gael Kakuta (who is going all Danny Sturridge with 5 goals and 4 assists), Lukas Jutkiewicz, Guillermo Franco (Free but who hasn't scored and is currently a massive waste of wages)

Everyone should try and get a hold of Jay Demerit, the American centre back he has made a real difference to my back line.

 
I'm just about to start. Thanks for the player tips, hope you don't mind (Spiller and dkw). Don't worry, I'll ruin it with terrible coaching and tactics.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I set my goal to finish mid-table and I only have 500k to shop for, can hardly afford to loan any young talent, w**kers.

Gonna have to restart and promise them a top finish.

 
No worries, I'm just moderately amused by the fact that Sc**thorpe is in fact a swear word.

 
I set my goal to finish mid-table and I only have 500k to shop for, can hardly afford to loan any young talent, w**kers.

Gonna have to restart and promise them a top finish.
I went for a top half finish and got 600k I think.

I`m now 13 games in, in 7th in the league with 5 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. Out of the League cup after a 4-0 battering by and Leicester in the 2nd round.

 
I set my goal to finish mid-table and I only have 500k to shop for, can hardly afford to loan any young talent, w**kers.

Gonna have to restart and promise them a top finish.
I shifted my budget into wages and just signed free transfers, a few of the top clubs will pay wages for loanees (Kakuta I pay nothing towards for example)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top