Lang7
In the Ressies
- Messages
- 347
- Reaction score
- 151
Just watched the Zola episode of Premier League legends on Sky and near the end they claimed the number 25 shirt was retired after he left. Had a quick Google and turns out that the club hasn't officially retired it but that no one has worn it since either.
Personally I think it's a nice gesture to honour a player who has had a massive impact on the club and was actually quite gutted they didn't do it when Drogba left. It got me thinking, now that we've officially let Lamps go, would anyone be against seeing the number 8 shirt retired? Either officially or given the same treatment that the number 25 received.
Likewise, I would like to see the number 26 phased out when JT finally hangs up his boots.
Thoughts?
Personally I think it's a nice gesture to honour a player who has had a massive impact on the club and was actually quite gutted they didn't do it when Drogba left. It got me thinking, now that we've officially let Lamps go, would anyone be against seeing the number 8 shirt retired? Either officially or given the same treatment that the number 25 received.
Likewise, I would like to see the number 26 phased out when JT finally hangs up his boots.
Thoughts?