Should we do a mini raid on Leicester City in the summer?

Yves Bissouma in, Jorginho out.

Need to move quick though. Arsenal, Liverpool and United all looking at him.
Yves Bissouma, plus Tielmanns and Nididi in, Jorgi and Kovacic out. Those 3 plus Gilmour and Kante gives us 5 excellent options so we are not caught short in the middle again. Dont want to sign all 3? Pick two and keep Kova.

 
Yves Bissouma, plus Tielmanns and Nididi in, Jorgi and Kovacic out. Those 3 plus Gilmour and Kante gives us 5 excellent options so we are not caught short in the middle again. Dont want to sign all 3? Pick two and keep Kova.
Tuchel seems to be a huge fan of Kovacic, so I don’t see him being sold. I think bringing in Bissouma and Tielemens would be smart business. Leicester have been open to doing business with us in the past with Kante and Drinkwater, so maybe it’s possible.

 
Yves Bissouma, plus Tielmanns and Nididi in, Jorgi and Kovacic out. Those 3 plus Gilmour and Kante gives us 5 excellent options so we are not caught short in the middle again. Dont want to sign all 3? Pick two and keep Kova.
the 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Kante together looks to me like the best defensive midfield partnership in the whole league by far. Then ahead of them Mount/Havertz/Tielemans? We can make 2-3 lineups with those players.

 
Tuchel seems to be a huge fan of Kovacic, so I don’t see him being sold. I think bringing in Bissouma and Tielemens would be smart business. Leicester have been open to doing business with us in the past with Kante and Drinkwater, so maybe it’s possible.
Everyone knows my thoughts on Jorgino MW, but I think it would be a big mistake to sell Kovacic. In his first season under Sarri I thought he was woeful and despite the transfer ban I did not want us to make the loan move from Madrid permanent. But under Frank and Tuchel he has slowly turned my opinion round over time. If only he could contribute the odd goal or two he would be superb.

It 's one of the reasons I won't write off Werner just yet, even though I think he has been hugely underwhelming so far and looks like he can't trap a bag of cement!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone knows my thoughts on Jorgino MW, but I think it would be a big mistake to sell Kovacic. In his first season under Sarri I thought he was woeful and despite the transfer ban I did not want us to make the loan move from Madrid permanent. But under Frank and Tuchel he has slowly turned my opinion round over time. If only he could contribute the odd goal or two he would be superb.

It 's one of the reasons I won't write off Werner just yet, even though I think he has been hugely underwhelming so far and looks like he can't trap a bag of cement!
I agree. Though I’ve had my moments of not being Kova’s biggest fan, he too has changed my mind over the past year and a half.

 
Quality Thread, but this is the post! Class.
Everton tried that and ended up spending about £100m on Rooney, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Davy Klaassen and Theo Walcott.  They'd hired Fat Sam by November!

 
Still think we should consider Ndidi at the very least even if he had a weaker season.

 
Still think we should consider Ndidi at the very least even if he had a weaker season.
He is a good player but they will demand at least £60m even with 2yrs left on his contract. For that money you could buy one of Sangare/Bissouma & have £15m-£20m to play with.

 
Back
Top