It has nothing to do with improved facilities as three quarters of Stamford Bridge is less than 10 years old. The new areas of the Bridge are pretty darned good, especially the Corporate facilities that I have been priveleged to visit occasionally.
Stamford Bridge is our home. Just that very name sends a shiver down my spine, it is steeped in English History too. We do not want or need the "Samsung"stadium, or the Adidas Arena. Have a look at some of the Arse Forums, they HATE the name Emirates Stadium !!!!
We will not defintely not fill a stadium of 50,000 seats with any regularity, remember we sometimes fail to fill 42,500 seats. We would then be back to the days of a half or three quarters full ground with atmosphere to match. Lets face it, many fans are "nouveau" fans and even a lot of the long standing Chelsea fans are somewhat fickle. Anybody think we would still be shifting 42,500 tickets if we have a "Fulham" like Season ???
I love where the Club is. I too love the familiarity of the area, the pubs, restaurants, people etc which have become part of the Club's and my own History.
I would not feel the same visiting a new home. Yes, I would still go and might still enjoy it, but the whole experience for me centres around the Bridge. A very large part of my life both happy and unhappy has been spent inside Stamford Bridge, and I just do not want to lose that.