Silly Season - Summer Window 24/25

Been played at CAM or at wing this season and still produced some good numbers. 

We are the English club linked. 


 
I'll be honest mate I don't know too much about him, so please feel free to call me out. Just looking at his goalscoring record though I'm not sure he's worth £70m for us. Would prefer a finisher rather than a bits and pieces forward.
70mill is too much. Good finisher played out of position at City most of the time. 

 
Looking at the options and quality for value, 70m for Alvarez doesn't seem too bad. 

Proven PL finisher who works very well in tight areas. 

 
Looking at the options and quality for value, 70m for Alvarez doesn't seem too bad. 

Proven PL finisher who works very well in tight areas. 
I think the 70mill is a price City dont expect to get and, ideally, puts teams off buying him as Pep likes him a fair bit 

On 100k a week at City.

My guess with no rumours to back this up?

We offer City 45mill plus 5mill in add ons and the price, like with Palmer, goes up and negotiations move quickly, settling on 55mill plus 5mill.

The Caicedo 150,000k a week package for him on a 6 plus 1 year deal.

Assuming we are actually interested.

 
The Gastonedul bloke is fairly reliable on the agent side of Argentine footballers. We've likely inquired about him. 
Fair. City do have a policy of if a player asks to leave they let him go, no matter who he is. So depends on if Alverez asks to leave.

 
Is he a proven  finisher though? Doesn't seem to have a particularly impressive goal record anywhere he's played.
36 goals and 18 assists in 2 seasons whilst largely playing out of position or 2nd fiddle is a very good return. How he does in tight areas is my main appreciation of him. 
 

Lolololol Liverpool may very well be returning to their Benteke/Carroll era

David Ornstein @David_Ornstein

Can confirm there is no interest in Olise from Liverpool. They are however looking at wide players and have had initial talks with Nottingham Forest regarding Hudson-Odoi.
@TheAthleticFC

 
City just beat us to the next Messi in Claudio Echeverri so maybe off loading to make room.  Although I think he’s like Paez in only joining City next summer.  
Have to say I like Alvarez, think he would do a lot better given a run and did alright when Haaland was injured.

 
Looking at the options and quality for value, 70m for Alvarez doesn't seem too bad. 

Proven PL finisher who works very well in tight areas. 
Way too high. Looks to me like a guy whose figures are largely due to his surroundings.  Picking up pieces around Foden, Silva, de Bruyne, Doku is one thing, and even there he seems inconsistent,  but working with hit and miss players like Madueke and Mudryk I'm not so sure.

70m for this guy and it makes me feel like City redressing the balance for the value for money we got from Palmer.

 
City just beat us to the next Messi in Claudio Echeverri so maybe off loading to make room.  Although I think he’s like Paez in only joining City next summer.  
Have to say I like Alvarez, think he would do a lot better given a run and did alright when Haaland was injured.
Christ, how many next Messi's are there. I thought we'd just signed Messinho, the next Messi.

Knowing our luck the next Messi we'll end up with will be the next tax fraudster Messi or maybe the next growth hormone injection Messi.

 
Way too high. Looks to me like a guy whose figures are largely due to his surroundings.  Picking up pieces around Foden, Silva, de Bruyne, Doku is one thing, and even there he seems inconsistent,  but working with hit and miss players like Madueke and Mudryk I'm not so sure.

70m for this guy and it makes me feel like City redressing the balance for the value for money we got from Palmer.
Think he fits us like a glove personally. 

 
Alvarez.  Not sure he is a player that we need.  We have Nkunku. Alvarez is not the type of striker that we could use.  A second striker and/or attacking midfielder.  I mean he is a very decent player, no doubt. But he is short, only 5ft 7".  His goal scoring record is good. 20 goals in 67 games for Citeh.

£70 million for Julian.
£60 million to trigger Olise's release clause.

I thought we had FFP issues.

 
Alvarez.  Not sure he is a player that we need.  We have Nkunku. Alvarez is not the type of striker that we could use.  A second striker and/or attacking midfielder.  I mean he is a very decent player, no doubt. But he is short, only 5ft 7".  His goal scoring record is good. 20 goals in 67 games for Citeh.

£70 million for Julian.
£60 million to trigger Olise's release clause.

I thought we had FFP issues.
How tall was Aguero? Wouldn’t read too much into the numbers, he was playing out of position for most of the games. He has 7 goals in 13 games playing as a CF which is very decent considering he didn’t start most of these games. Fans keep forgetting he is still only 24 so way off his peak. I feel he is perfect

 
Dunno why but Alvarez doesn't really do it for me. In fact and as usual being contrary to every other person on the forum I'd be happy to stay with just Jackson. I think our attack is good and will only get better with Nkunku fit.  I suppose the worry is Jackson getting injured and I could see cover for that reason because Nkunku himself is so fragile.

For me I would rather we started with a really solid defence, two centre backs and a goalie that can run the back of the field in and out of possession. These days huge amounts of game time are spent round your own penalty area and really we want premiership winning capabilities there.

 
Alvarez I'm a bit torn on. Jackson has a lot of potential IMO, and I wouldn't want him to be wasted on the bench. I think if we bring Alvarez in it should be more to compete with Jackson for the position, as opposed to being automatically given the starting spot. Whether he would be OK with that I don't know. But we do need another striker and I would far sooner him than Toney.

 
Dunno why but Alvarez doesn't really do it for me. In fact and as usual being contrary to every other person on the forum I'd be happy to stay with just Jackson. I think our attack is good and will only get better with Nkunku fit.  I suppose the worry is Jackson getting injured and I could see cover for that reason because Nkunku himself is so fragile.

For me I would rather we started with a really solid defence, two centre backs and a goalie that can run the back of the field in and out of possession. These days huge amounts of game time are spent round your own penalty area and really we want premiership winning capabilities there.
I think a lot of people underrate Jackson. Yes his finishing definitely needs a bit of polishing, but his positioning and running create a lot of chances, and to be fair for his first season his goal return was not bad at all, if he improves his finishing I would not be surprised at all to see him get 20 or 25 goals next year. That's if he remains number one choice of course.

 
Quite surprised that people willing to give this guy from City with all the talent around him and Pep a chance when his numbers don't even better that of Jackson whom most want to see the back of, with similar games played and starts. Nico played a game less, 35 with about 150 mins more but both started 31 games.  He scored 11 and Nico 14. And that's his second season which is much more improved than first. 

A prophet is not respected in his own land or something like that, the saying goes. 

 
Back
Top