Southampton vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 6th Oct 14:00 GMT

Kepa

James

christensen 

Tomori 

Azpi

Jorginho 

Kante

Mount

Willian

Abraham 

CHO

 
I would love to see that start and....

subs -

Pulisic

Billy gilmour

Barkley

Anyone agree? ? 

Kepa

James

christensen 

Tomori 

Azpi

Jorginho 

Kante

Mount

Willian

Abraham 

CHO

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rest Willian and mount. So my front three would be Pedro Tammy and cho. Maybe pulisic instead of Pedro. Jorginho Kante andkovacic in the midfield. Four at the back. 

 
Tammy should really be rotated as well but his form makes that hard. 
I imagine Frank will look to take him off if are comfortably leading or he looks like he is struggling. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rest Willian and mount. So my front three would be Pedro Tammy and cho. Maybe pulisic instead of Pedro. Jorginho Kante andkovacic in the midfield. Four at the back. 
I'd defo give Mount a rest! He hasn't looked as sharp since the injury, so we need to be extra careful about not over playing our young players. No Kante for me either.

 
Last game before the international break - huge game. We need to start all of our on-form players in my opinion which means Mount, Kante and Tammy all start. One big push before 2 weeks off.

 
I would like to see Hudson-Odoi starting and Mount play in his natural position. Mount had a good start to the season, but has started to fade a bit in the role he is currently playing.
Agree; he has dropped a level since the Wolves game, could still be carrying an injury to be fair. Will drop him to the bench to keep in on his toes, CHO has done more than enough to earn a start. Lamps needs to keep the competitive spirit going. 

 
Let’s get a win before the international break. The only worry I have is our defending against set pieces.

kepa 

azbi christensen tomori alonso 

kante jorginho kovacic 

willian Abraham CHO

 
Happy with Intl break for once, didn't realise Rudiger would be out for so long. 

Hope Emerson is back immediately after followed by Loftus Cheek and Rudiger.

Zouma, Christensen, Tomori

Azpillacueta, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso,

Mount, Abraham, Odoi

Like said earlier prefer Mount playing more centrally but I think we need a physically stronger team just now.

If Tomori could play left back as a stop gap I'd take Alonso out and put Wllian/Pedro/Pulisic? in and go 433 with Mount in midfield if fit, otherwise Kovac.

I just don't like the thought of Azpi (on form), Christensen or Zouma and Alonso as 3 of a back 4. When all fit I'd have a back 4 of James, Rudiger, Tomori and Azpillacueta. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Mount scores, he grew up supporting Portsmouth apparently so I’m expecting him to go out all guns blazing. 

 
I hope Mount scores, he grew up supporting Portsmouth apparently so I’m expecting him to go out all guns blazing. 
Yes he grew up down my way, his old man use to coach my two lads, mount has dipped a fraction in last couple of weeks, but I'm sure that's down to injury and out wide, in my eyes he's quickly become the heart beat of team with his speed closing down and enthusiasm coupled with his scoring and passing. Top player

 
Hopefully a win to keep the momentum going.

And hope we keep it tight at the back.

No more free opposition headers at set pieces, please...

 
Can only see your lot winning by at least 2.

Still there's always a result or two you don't expect. Fingers crossed!

 
this feels like a very important game for us coming off the back of the win v Brighton and the performance mid-week. we need to string a few wins together this month before we face City.

Come on Chelsea

 
Need to carry on the good form and bag another 3 points! Want to see Kovacic start ahead of Barkley

 
Back
Top