SPECTRE

Thought it was decent and better than Skyfall but it's not the best one by far.

Not sure it lives up to they hype it is getting.

 
Rewatched Casino Royale last night as a prelude to seeing Spectre next week.  Wow, that was a good film!  Absolutely love DC as Bond - he looks ruthless.  Definitely my favourite Bond.
Seen every Bond and I'd have to say that Casino Royale is my favourite overall. As someone who used to play poker to make some money on the side I absolutely love the scene in the Casino.

 
Seen every Bond and I'd have to say that Casino Royale is my favourite overall. As someone who used to play poker to make some money on the side I absolutely love the scene in the Casino.
I think it might be mine - I wasn't really into Bond before I saw that one - I'd half seen a few on tv and seen Die Another Day when I took my boys to see it but that was about it.  I just saw them as cliched "boys" films, watchable but a bit silly.  And then I went to see Casino Royale and was blown away!  I was sitting quite close to the front and felt like I'd been jumping every building, blowing people up, etc with James Bond.  I came out exhausted!

 
Favourite Bond Films:

Sean Connery era-"Diamonds Are Forever", if only for the rampage he goes on in the beginning, in the hunt for his wife's killer.

Roger Moore era-The only one I could tolerate with him was "Live and Let Die".

Timothy Dalton era-"The Living Daylights", if only for the "cello chase" scene.

Pierce Brosnan era-Didn't really care for Pierce.

Daniel Craig era-"Casino Royale", for taking it back to the beginning. 

 
Favourite Bond Films:

Sean Connery era-"Diamonds Are Forever", if only for the rampage he goes on in the beginning, in the hunt for his wife's killer.

Roger Moore era-The only one I could tolerate with him was "Live and Let Die".

Timothy Dalton era-"The Living Daylights", if only for the "cello chase" scene.

Pierce Brosnan era-Didn't really care for Pierce.

Daniel Craig era-"Casino Royale", for taking it back to the beginning.
Sean Connery - Dr No for me. I also enjoyed Thunderball, but Never Say Never Again, was a mistake.

Didn't like the Roger Moore era at all, too many puns and silly gimmicky enemies, although Live & Let Die had it's comedy moments.

George Lazenby - OHMSS - My favourite Bond. He only lasted one film though, apparently his agent advised him against further films. Surely bad advice.

Didn't bother with Dalton or Brosnan. Not watched any of theirs right through.

Daniel Craig - Much more like it, learning from the Jason Bourne style.

David Niven - Loved this spoof

 
Saw it last night, absolutely loved it. Havent enjoyed a film in the cinema as much since .... Skyfall!

Up there with Casino Royale for me, not as memorable in some places, but a very very solid effort and maybe even more enjoyable in parts, some of the action and stunts were fantastic.

But.....it felt like a real sign off from Craig. :( perhaps his Bond cycle has drawn to a close.

I hope we can squeeze one more out of him.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Hardy, quite an underrated actor and I think he'd be brilliant if given the chance.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We might as well just admit it, Meryl. You know she'd pull it off too.

 
Oh and Spectre is great despite the sh*tty Sam Smith title dirge. Classic Bond titles ruined by his squeaky falsetto and some bo**ocks lyrics that were dull as all hell. Right up there with Madonna for sh*t Bond songs.

 
Favourite Bond Films:

Sean Connery era-"Diamonds Are Forever", if only for the rampage he goes on in the beginning, in the hunt for his wife's killer.

Roger Moore era-The only one I could tolerate with him was "Live and Let Die".

Timothy Dalton era-"The Living Daylights", if only for the "cello chase" scene.

Pierce Brosnan era-Didn't really care for Pierce.

Daniel Craig era-"Casino Royale", for taking it back to the beginning. 
Sean Connery - Goldfinger but all Connery's films were superb.

Roger Moore - Octopussy or The Spy Who Loved Me - It was a silly era overall.

Timothy Dalton - Licence to Kill

Pierce Brosnan - Easily Goldeneye

Daniel Craig - Casino Royale

 
Just seen Spectre. Verdict: Daniel Craig's finest Bond film to date. Just brilliant, in every way. All the Bond elements were there, the locations, the action, the girls, the villains.

Review to follow

 
I still cannot believe that Sean Connery was only 32 when Dr No was made.   32!!  FFS how tough was his life to look so old at 32?

 
Sean Connery - Dr No for me. I also enjoyed Thunderball, but Never Say Never Again, was a mistake.

Didn't like the Roger Moore era at all, too many puns and silly gimmicky enemies, although Live & Let Die had it's comedy moments.

George Lazenby - OHMSS - My favourite Bond. He only lasted one film though, apparently his agent advised him against further films. Surely bad advice.

Didn't bother with Dalton or Brosnan. Not watched any of theirs right through.

Daniel Craig - Much more like it, learning from the Jason Bourne style.

David Niven - Loved this spoof
I don't even count "Never Say Never Again", as it wasn't one of the Eon-produced films. I didn't care for "The Spy Who Loved Me", since it had nothing to do with the novel (I read the novels and short stories before I watched the films all the way through).
 
Back
Top