Itsintheblood89
On the Bench
- Messages
- 945
- Reaction score
- 257
Morning all,
First of all I want to just make it clear, I don't want Chelsea to leave Stamford Bridge.
I have grown up around Chelsea being at SB and all that comes with it. Pre-match around the ground/pubs, inside the staduim and the rush home after to the tube cue (which is never bloody ending!).
My point here is simple. Is there any possibility of SB being extended? Is there anyone who knows of any truths which can be told as all the paper talk I ever hear seems to be utter nonsence. I understand the council are not happy with the idea of extra fans being in and around the area of SB on match days due to the already manic congestion. I also understand that the areas surrounding SB prevent any expansion outwards on any of the stands so the only possible redevelopment is upwards (so to speak). Does anyone out there know of any possibilities?
I hear rumors of Earls Court constantly and this is not what I believe any CFC fan wants. It must surely be regularly discussed though as im sure Roman is keen to help make Chelsea competitive with other English clubs in regards to Capacity.
Please, does anyone know if anything is genuinely in the pipeline?!
First of all I want to just make it clear, I don't want Chelsea to leave Stamford Bridge.
I have grown up around Chelsea being at SB and all that comes with it. Pre-match around the ground/pubs, inside the staduim and the rush home after to the tube cue (which is never bloody ending!).
My point here is simple. Is there any possibility of SB being extended? Is there anyone who knows of any truths which can be told as all the paper talk I ever hear seems to be utter nonsence. I understand the council are not happy with the idea of extra fans being in and around the area of SB on match days due to the already manic congestion. I also understand that the areas surrounding SB prevent any expansion outwards on any of the stands so the only possible redevelopment is upwards (so to speak). Does anyone out there know of any possibilities?
I hear rumors of Earls Court constantly and this is not what I believe any CFC fan wants. It must surely be regularly discussed though as im sure Roman is keen to help make Chelsea competitive with other English clubs in regards to Capacity.
Please, does anyone know if anything is genuinely in the pipeline?!