Summer 2016 - Buy or hold on?

I think we should sell hazard in the summer so we can still get decent money for him. He's not that great and we can play good football without him.

I'm not quite sure if he will be Real Mardid's big target.

 
I have no idea how you can rationalize that. He is one of the most gifted footballers there is. Getting rid of him is about the stupidest thing I can think of. If he wishes to go fine but we need to do everything to keep him IMO.

 
I have no idea how you can rationalize that. He is one of the most gifted footballers there is. Getting rid of him is about the stupidest thing I can think of. If he wishes to go fine but we need to do everything to keep him IMO.
Because we need to rebuild in other areas and we need proper characters there. A lot of people seem to think Hazard has lost his bottle this year.

 
He was so good this blip seems bad. He will be great again. I have zero doubt.

 
I don't see us selling any of our best players, we are still a top club despite the poor first half of the season. Enough with all the doom & gloom, we will strengthen in the summer, not weaken ourselves.

Madrid don't have the same pull they used to have in my eyes, Barca will continue to dominate La Liga with MSN.

I think it's quite realistic that we could target Pogba & Bale personally, whilst selling off the likes of Cuadrado etc.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's quite realistic that we could target Pogba & Bale personally, whilst selling off the likes of Cuadrado etc.
Yeah right, we can target Pogba and Bale while selling Cuadrado? This sounds awesome however I don't think it's possible without offloading some of our major players. Unfortunately I have feeling that without CL all we will be able to target is another Pato.

 
Well I can see the likes of Oscar & Matic going to possibly, depends on the new manager and how he wants the team set up.

If Conte is our next manager Pogba is realistic.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im happy to hang onto to everyone. Since Guus has come in everyone seems happy again and committed to the cause. We still need a couple of critical signings, but we are set up for Conte to come in and hit the ground running.

A CM, CB and LB are probably top of the list for me.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think some people are reading too much into a season without CL football next year - If that's how it turns out.

We are starting to prove that the first half of this season was indeed a freakish blip, and are turning things around with better performances. We aren't Spurs or Liverpool, we have the pedigree, arguably England's finest in Europe over the last 10 years - no argument in fact, we are.

Players jump ship from Spurs and Liverpool because they consistently fail to get to the next level, and are more restricted financially.

It's very important we bounce back with a top 4 finish next year, and I am confident we will, but I see very little impact from having a poor season by our standards this year, both in keeping our top players and attracting new ones.

 
Zidane will be gone before hazard gets to real anyway lol. I would put in a cheeky bid for sanchez.

 
I think hazard is going to finish the season strong and all those wishing him out the door will change their opinion. Its amazing how quickly peoples opinions change when there is a change in form.

 
I think hazard is going to finish the season strong and all those wishing him out the door will change their opinion. Its amazing how quickly peoples opinions change when there is a change in form.
It's not just a change in form. It's a lack of perceived effort, the interview, the unprofessionalism and the general air of not really caring.

Supporters will back players when it's just bad form (usually), but it's the other stuff that turns supporters off.

 
I have no idea how you can rationalize that. He is one of the most gifted footballers there is. Getting rid of him is about the stupidest thing I can think of. If he wishes to go fine but we need to do everything to keep him IMO.
Nah don't think he is tbh.

He's a few levels below the best in the world, IMO he will never get to that level.

 
Nah don't think he is tbh.

He's a few levels below the best in the world, IMO he will never get to that level.
And he was head and shoulders above anyone we have last season. In Chelsea and in the league. Even if he is level or two below Ronaldo and Messi I'm just fine with him.
 
And he was head and shoulders above anyone we have last season. In Chelsea and in the league. Even if he is level or two below Ronaldo and Messi I'm just fine with him.
Yes…in England. There wasn’t very many players who shone last season in our league if we are being honest here.

The truly great players have consistency and grab the game by the scruff of the neck, Hazard doesn’t or at least doesn't do it at a consistent level and that’s why he will never be as good as the best players in the world. I'd also add the very best also don’t disappear for most of a season and flirt with other clubs despite being one of the poorest players form wise in the league.

Hazard on his day is a fantastic footballer, however for me he will never be one of the best.

I'm fine with him too if he performed like he did last season but all evidence tells me that was more the exception to the rule with Eden.

 
You must have thought so last season also.
He was our best player (along with JT) and the best in the league but he's not that same player anymore.

8 months in to this season and we have not seen anything to suggest he will get to that level again.

 
So with your logic 22 of our players who will never reach his lowly level we are fine with but the one shining gem we should sell?

 
Back
Top