Thank You Roman.

Too little too late to show outrage at the government.

Where was this venom when it happened? Where were the super league like protests?

Surely it is not just recently people have realized this was all a money/political power grab? They threatened our clubs existence and our core fanbase just accepted it.
Don't mate.!! ! I'm still fuming about what happened, it wouldn't have happened to any other club. We were cowed by the media storm and " blood on his hands" front page stories. The media went mental when the 'Roman Empire " banner was still visible.. .

There was enormous sympathy and support for Ukraine and hatred for what Russia had done. The government, the opposition, the media managed to focus it on our club. If anyone actually looked at the supposed 'support" that Roman gave to Russia's war effort, it was laughable and not very well publicised . It was that " steel or metals from his factories "may" have been used in the construction of some military equipment. Turns out it wasn't. Russian oligarch money had been accepted by our British tax havens. The Government took millions from Roman in return for his special visa status.

The EU removed the charge that Roman had links to the war effort. from their sanctions statement on him a while back..

He has not been charged with ANY crimes by the UK government. You can't take someone's money because you don't like him . .

I've gotta go and lie down !

Come on you BLUES !!

 
EU has officially amended its sanctions justification against Russian-Israeli businessman Roman Abramovich, removing previous claims that he financially benefited from the Russian government, according to a statement released on his behalf on Monday.

 
NO criminal charges

despite investigations and asset freezes, no criminal charges have ever been filed against Abramovich in the 3.5 years since the inquiry's began

The lack of formal charges against Abramovich contrasts with the significant actions taken to freeze his assets. This situation highlights the complexities of legal processes involving high-profile individuals and the intersection of politics and finance.

 
I hope this makes Starmer nervous, he is a stickler for the rule of law. An error may have been made.

An illegal acquisition should lead to a consideration for repossession.

He's no stranger to U turns but this would be a big one.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me the only logical and fair conclusion is for the UK Government to formally apologise to Sir Roman, reinstate all his assets including Chelsea Football Club and as a gesture of goodwill upgrade Fulham Broadway to allow the expansion of Stamford Bridge

Reimburse Clearlake for what they’ve ‘invested’ minus emotional damages and politely tell them to not bother again.

Also Chris Bryant should be jailed. Indefinitely. Odious c**t.

 
Wyss comments sit a little uncomfortably now was he was trying to pull a fast one for his own financial gain.? Probably should be an investigation into him and his motives. Lovely man.

 
EU has officially amended its sanctions justification against Russian-Israeli businessman Roman Abramovich, removing previous claims that he financially benefited from the Russian government, according to a statement released on his behalf on Monday.
And after all he did for us, the memories that we have because of him, we abandoned him, accetped the lies and allowed the crocked uk government to do what they did to him without any fight.

We deserve Clearlake, we deserve this Chelsea because we did not fight to keep our soul.

 
I hope this makes Starmer nervous, he is a stickler for the rule of law. An error may have been made.

An illegal acquisition should lead to a consideration for repossession.

He's no stranger to U turns but this would be a big one.
Oh yeah am sure he is quaking at the thought of our fanbase coming for him

 
Oh yeah am sure he is quaking at the thought of our fanbase coming for him
I was thinking of Romans Legal Team.

I doubt Starmer has the spine to even contemplate sarcasm like quaking in ones boots

 
I was thinking of Romans Legal Team.

I doubt Starmer has the spine to even contemplate sarcasm like quaking in ones boots
We cam but hope Roman does that , wins and gets us back. We don't deserve him but we can hope.

 
We cam but hope Roman does that , wins and gets us back. We don't deserve him but we can hope.
Romans team will likely be top lawyers from all corners of the globe v a crowd of bumbling civil servants from whitehall

If he activates them ...😳

Now that one sh*t storm I'd like to see

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And after all he did for us, the memories that we have because of him, we abandoned him, accetped the lies and allowed the crocked uk government to do what they did to him without any fight.

We deserve Clearlake, we deserve this Chelsea because we did not fight to keep our soul.
Nope Romans supporters

Clearlakes customers

 
And after all he did for us, the memories that we have because of him, we abandoned him, accetped the lies and allowed the crocked uk government to do what they did to him without any fight.

We deserve Clearlake, we deserve this Chelsea because we did not fight to keep our soul.
I disagree. What exactly do you think we could have done? We had literally nobody on our side. Every political party in the country had whipped up the nation into thinking everything Russian equals bad, it's something they are still somehow very good at for some reason. There are plenty of gullible sheep in this country.

Us fans were completely powerless. Even if every Chelsea fan in the country spoke up, it would have made no difference.

 
I disagree. What exactly do you think we could have done? We had literally nobody on our side. Every political party in the country had whipped up the nation into thinking everything Russian equals bad, it's something they are still somehow very good at for some reason. There are plenty of gullible sheep in this country.

Us fans were completely powerless. Even if every Chelsea fan in the country spoke up, it would have made no difference.
Ax is goading again. Telling everyone what we should have done and how we are failing as fans. He's not even in the same country. 😆

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
I disagree. What exactly do you think we could have done? We had literally nobody on our side. Every political party in the country had whipped up the nation into thinking everything Russian equals bad, it's something they are still somehow very good at for some reason. There are plenty of gullible sheep in this country.

Us fans were completely powerless. Even if every Chelsea fan in the country spoke up, it would have made no difference.
I believe there should have been protests against what the government was doing to our club.

Would have it stopped what happen? not likely no, but would not have been the first time a group protested against unfair government treatment nor the last.

 
Ax is goading again. Telling everyone what we should have done and how we are failing as fans. He's not even in the same country. 😆
You can take it as goading if you want, but what I have said has stayed the same for these past 4 years.

 
You can take it as goading if you want, but what I have said has stayed the same for these past 4 years.
But in reality Ax, its a pointless and inaccurate comment.

  • The Salisbury poisonings occurred in March 2018
  • In June 2018 Roman withdrew his visa renewal following questions being raised by the UK government that he found intrusive.
  • At the same time he took Israeli residency and stalled the massive expansion development of the club (quite rightly as he could even reside here)
  • The club then continued to operate under Bruce Buck over a four year period during which the club were subject to to transfer embargo due to proven shady dealings primarily surrounding the Kakuta signing (that turned out well didn't it), as well as a worldwide lockdown, during which we won the CL.
  • Roman, along with 6 other Russian oligarches were sanction in 2022 following the Russian invasion. (the country was largely up in arms over the reporting of the invasion of Ukraine).
  • Having very nearly gone to the wall the club was then sold to the reportedly only group that physically stumped up the dough by the deadline.
  • Since then many of us have been highlighting how sh*t this "project" is and what is really going on, but just as many wanted to believe that there is an achievable route to success.
At which point during these course of events should us men have picked up our pitchforks and our lady folk burnt their colllective bras to march on the club to protest our misgivings to our largely absent owners.

wEGGoJ.gif


Even this 17 Jan protest will, by its very nature, be disjointed and presented by a minority. Granted banners inside the ground, pitch demonstrations etc are all trespass and can be prosecuted but a far more effective method would be if there could be a truly unified demonstration similar to the minutes applause that the ground sometimes does of its own accord. If at 15 minutes each home game the entire ground were to start chanting the "You've Killed our Club" chant it would be more effective as it would get airplay, especially if it were without profanity and would be coming from up to 40,000 voices as one.

 
But in reality Ax, its a pointless and inaccurate comment.

  • The Salisbury poisonings occurred in March 2018
  • In June 2018 Roman withdrew his visa renewal following questions being raised by the UK government that he found intrusive.
  • At the same time he took Israeli residency and stalled the massive expansion development of the club (quite rightly as he could even reside here)
  • The club then continued to operate under Bruce Buck over a four year period during which the club were subject to to transfer embargo due to proven shady dealings primarily surrounding the Kakuta signing (that turned out well didn't it), as well as a worldwide lockdown, during which we won the CL.
  • Roman, along with 6 other Russian oligarches were sanction in 2022 following the Russian invasion. (the country was largely up in arms over the reporting of the invasion of Ukraine).
  • Having very nearly gone to the wall the club was then sold to the reportedly only group that physically stumped up the dough by the deadline.
  • Since then many of us have been highlighting how sh*t this "project" is and what is really going on, but just as many wanted to believe that there is an achievable route to success.
At which point during these course of events should us men have picked up our pitchforks and our lady folk burnt their colllective bras to march on the club to protest our misgivings to our largely absent owners.

wEGGoJ.gif


Even this 17 Jan protest will, by its very nature, be disjointed and presented by a minority. Granted banners inside the ground, pitch demonstrations etc are all trespass and can be prosecuted but a far more effective method would be if there could be a truly unified demonstration similar to the minutes applause that the ground sometimes does of its own accord. If at 15 minutes each home game the entire ground were to start chanting the "You've Killed our Club" chant it would be more effective as it would get airplay, especially if it were without profanity and would be coming from up to 40,000 voices as one.
I don't feel it is a pointless or inaccurate comment mate.

I appreciate your response and the points you have listed. If I may reply.

I haven't, and won't, say we should have done anything in 2018 and around what you pointed out happened then. It is still very saddening to look back upon that costing us our "cathedral of football" but nothing we could or should have done.

Regarding what happen to Roman and, more importantly, the club in 2022 I do firmly believe our core fanbase should have been out protesting against government, and I feel we let ourselves down by not doing so.

Only 1 year prior to that our core fanbase let Roman know the plans to change the football landscape with the super league was not acceptable.

1 year late the government took action that could have wiped our club out. Supporters could not even buy tickets to attend matches.

Their actions were such a blunderbuss approach with no consideration to what it did to thousands upon thousands of their own people, putting jobs at risk as well as the existence Of a historical, top level team, that I believe should have been met with protests and resistance.

While personally I don't believe Roman did any of the things they accused him of regarding putins war I know he is not a Saint and bent/broke football rules like most others in the game likely do.

Protesting in his name I understand could not have been done, but for the club and what a place it was put in I do think could and should have happened.

Roman was the owner but the supporters are the land lords. I hear what you are saying. What the government said, the lies and fear the spread, meant the majority could not speak up, or feel they should speak up, for Roman. We could have for the club and each other though, is how I feel.

 
I don't feel it is a pointless or inaccurate comment mate.

I appreciate your response and the points you have listed. If I may reply.

I haven't, and won't, say we should have done anything in 2018 and around what you pointed out happened then. It is still very saddening to look back upon that costing us our "cathedral of football" but nothing we could or should have done.

Regarding what happen to Roman and, more importantly, the club in 2022 I do firmly believe our core fanbase should have been out protesting against government, and I feel we let ourselves down by not doing so.

Only 1 year prior to that our core fanbase let Roman know the plans to change the football landscape with the super league was not acceptable.

1 year late the government took action that could have wiped our club out. Supporters could not even buy tickets to attend matches.

Their actions were such a blunderbuss approach with no consideration to what it did to thousands upon thousands of their own people, putting jobs at risk as well as the existence Of a historical, top level team, that I believe should have been met with protests and resistance.

While personally I don't believe Roman did any of the things they accused him of regarding putins war I know he is not a Saint and bent/broke football rules like most others in the game likely do.

Protesting in his name I understand could not have been done, but for the club and what a place it was put in I do think could and should have happened.

Roman was the owner but the supporters are the land lords. I hear what you are saying. What the government said, the lies and fear the spread, meant the majority could not speak up, or feel they should speak up, for Roman. We could have for the club and each other though, is how I feel.
Respect

 
What has happened to the ‘Roman Empire’ banner? Is it fan owned? Could it make a triumphant return to the Bridge?

 
Back
Top