The 25 Man Squad for 2019-2020

Zouma's never personally been my cup of tea but even factoring that out having a defender that could command £40m minimum as 4th choice is a waste of resources.

A transfer to Everton makes all parties a winner for me.
I understand that viewpoint. Personally, I think selling him would be a mistake. I see him as potentially taking over that dominating presence in the middle of the defense. He's very strong in the air and I feel he reads the game well. In fact, if he wouldn't have gotten injured a few years back, I think he would be a stalwart in our defense already.

 
Van Ginkel being on there and Reece James not is a bit of a surprise. I'm sure it will change again once Lampard announces his squad though.
Yeah you are probably right, he should be in there when it comes down to announcing the squad.

 
I understand that viewpoint. Personally, I think selling him would be a mistake. I see him as potentially taking over that dominating presence in the middle of the defense. He's very strong in the air and I feel he reads the game well. In fact, if he wouldn't have gotten injured a few years back, I think he would be a stalwart in our defense already.
I disagree. Zouma's recovery challenges and interceptions (as good as they are) come due to his dodgy initial positioning and while he undoubtedly has a good leap he often gets his timimg wrong going too late or too early. 

 
Looks about what we expected, no real surprises or ommissions
Wouldn’t try to read anything other than the obvious such as  say we know Kepa and say Dave aren’t going out on loan.

For instance there are only two keepers on that list yet we have to name three. What happens is that all under 21 players ( even those out on loan ) will be listed on the B list many get onto that list without a squad number.

 
I disagree. Zouma's recovery challenges and interceptions (as good as they are) come due to his dodgy initial positioning and while he undoubtedly has a good leap he often gets his timimg wrong going too late or too early. 
Yep I think I agree with this.

if Zouma cut out the bad mistakes be them from his not too good passing and his bad positioning then he would be phenomenal but the dry best CDs have far more to their game than just making recovery challenges just like the modern keeper is  likely to judged on his passing ability alongside their ability to make a save.

Everton are desperate for him and I would snatch their hand off if a post £40 million offer was received 

 
Based on the first post, we’d have 6 new players in the squad. I don’t think we will be that greatly affected by the transfer ban, with a lot of new faces who’s good enough to break in the team after a good run like Mount, James, Abraham, etc. Plus there’s Pulisic who I imagine will be a regular.

 
Based on the first post, we’d have 6 new players in the squad. I don’t think we will be that greatly affected by the transfer ban, with a lot of new faces who’s good enough to break in the team after a good run like Mount, James, Abraham, etc. Plus there’s Pulisic who I imagine will be a regular.
Thats assuming the returning loan players and youth players hit the ground running. I would expect the 4 players you mentioned to take a while to acclimatise, and i dont think that is unreasonable taking into account there ages. 

We are significantly weaker than last season without hazard, and our rivals have all made some decent signings bar liverpool.

We finished 6 points above 6 placed united last season, with the transfer ban, i don't see us getting the same points as last year, so i think 6th place is realistic with our current resources.

It will be a shame if we miss out on champions league football, but i dont rrally think it would effect the level of player we are aiming to bring in these days.

So if we can bring a few players through, whilst still finishing top 6, then spend big where its needed, i think we can be a real force in 12 months time, but i would definitely temper expectations for this season.

 
6 New signings for Chelsea over the summer:

Pulisic (Dortmund)

Zouma (Everton)

Abraham (Aston Villa)

Batshuayi (Crystal Palace)

James (Wigan)

Mount (Derby)

Do these really add that much quality on what's already there? With Hazard gone, these six additions don't really do much. 

Barkley might have a good season the way he's been in preseason but we've seen in the past players shine preseason but do nothing significant after. 

The few plusses are that this time hopefully Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi will feature heavily whenever fit from the beginning, and Kante will be in his favoured position. 

Also, Mount looks like someone who can add a few goals from midfield. 

Going to be a scrap for top 6 and this Chelsea defence looks far from solid. 

Alonso, Luiz, Emerson all error prone.

Zouma has few mistakes in him, too and Azpi seems to have lost his legs earlier than expected. 

Fullbacks pressing right up when they don't have the pace to recover spells danger all over. (Alonso, Azpi)

 
6 New signings for Chelsea over the summer:

Pulisic (Dortmund)

Zouma (Everton)

Abraham (Aston Villa)

Batshuayi (Crystal Palace)

James (Wigan)

Mount (Derby)

Do these really add that much quality on what's already there? With Hazard gone, these six additions don't really do much. 

Barkley might have a good season the way he's been in preseason but we've seen in the past players shine preseason but do nothing significant after. 

The few plusses are that this time hopefully Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi will feature heavily whenever fit from the beginning, and Kante will be in his favoured position. 

Also, Mount looks like someone who can add a few goals from midfield. 

Going to be a scrap for top 6 and this Chelsea defence looks far from solid. 

Alonso, Luiz, Emerson all error prone.

Zouma has few mistakes in him, too and Azpi seems to have lost his legs earlier than expected. 

Fullbacks pressing right up when they don't have the pace to recover spells danger all over. (Alonso, Azpi)
At this point who cares?

We have a CFC legend as manager with a staff full of CFC legends.  We have a squad of young players (several of which are English and homegrown from our academy) that are going to play big minutes this upcoming season.  

Haven't we bitched and moaned enough over the last 15 years about this team making big splashes only to see them fail (please don't make me list them out) and counter that by asking that our young players get the chance to shine.  We have been given a chance to see what our academy can produce.

  • United has spent a boat load of money on top talent and managers and look at how they have performed.  
  • Liverpool got lucky that Mane, Salah, Van Djik, and Allison all were able to continue their high level of play at a higher level club / different league.  They also got lucky that TA-A and Robertson became superstars last season.
  • Spurs...won't win s**t as we have seen, and at some point will cave in and sell Kane, Alli, Son and Erikson (like they ALWAYS do)
  • Arsenal...do we really need to talk about them?
 
6 New signings for Chelsea over the summer:

Pulisic (Dortmund)

Zouma (Everton)

Abraham (Aston Villa)

Batshuayi (Crystal Palace)

James (Wigan)

Mount (Derby)

Do these really add that much quality on what's already there? With Hazard gone, these six additions don't really do much. 

Barkley might have a good season the way he's been in preseason but we've seen in the past players shine preseason but do nothing significant after. 

The few plusses are that this time hopefully Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi will feature heavily whenever fit from the beginning, and Kante will be in his favoured position. 

Also, Mount looks like someone who can add a few goals from midfield. 

Going to be a scrap for top 6 and this Chelsea defence looks far from solid. 

Alonso, Luiz, Emerson all error prone.

Zouma has few mistakes in him, too and Azpi seems to have lost his legs earlier than expected. 

Fullbacks pressing right up when they don't have the pace to recover spells danger all over. (Alonso, Azpi)
Same defense that only allowed 39 goals last season + you add Zouma and potentially James (while hopefully dumping Zappacosta and leaving Alonso out of the 1st team entirely)

 
Same defense that only allowed 39 goals last season + you add Zouma and potentially James (while hopefully dumping Zappacosta and leaving Alonso out of the 1st team entirely)
And that was with Kante not playing in his best position 

 
If you're right and there's only room for one more, then agreed Kenedy could get the nod. However are you sure there's 16 non-homegrown players in your list? I'm assuming you've picked 2 of Pulisic, Zouma and Christensen as non-homegrown. Which 2, and are you sure they're not homegrown? I'm asking because I'm not exactly sure what the criteria is.
For me 24 is actually a massive squad, not sure we need the extra non HG, we certainly don't need it if it is Kenedy. He's deadweight in my view.

Will be exciting to see our Club Home Grown quota just about filled for the CL: Ruben, Andreas and Tammy all qualify. We will also have CHO, James and Mount all U21 but eligible for that as well. Plus Ampadu coming back. Could be homegrown quotas filled entirely from the academy soon. 

 
Scoring goals will almost certainly be our biggest issue this season for me. Batshuayi is certainly not good enough, Giroud is 33 and far past his best and Abraham is the wildcard but he's only proven himself in the Championship until now.

 
I disagree. Zouma's recovery challenges and interceptions (as good as they are) come due to his dodgy initial positioning and while he undoubtedly has a good leap he often gets his timimg wrong going too late or too early. 
Hopefully he proves that view to be wrong, but it looks like we are going to find out either way. I didn't watched him a whole lot while he was at Palace (I think it was CP) and Everton, if I'm being honest. I don't watch out rivals all that much really. Sometimes I do, but I don't spend every week watching as many matches as possible. I pretty much stick to Chelsea and that's it. Hopefully we see him improve in that regard (positioning and timing his jumps) if your critique of him is true. 

 
Hopefully he proves that view to be wrong, but it looks like we are going to find out either way. I didn't watched him a whole lot while he was at Palace (I think it was CP) and Everton, if I'm being honest. I don't watch out rivals all that much really. Sometimes I do, but I don't spend every week watching as many matches as possible. I pretty much stick to Chelsea and that's it. Hopefully we see him improve in that regard (positioning and timing his jumps) if your critique of him is true. 
He was at Stoke prior to Everton.  From what I saw, he was much much better this past season at Everton and seemed to have improved a good amount.  His season at Stoke was his first back after injury too, though.

 
Back
Top