The Cricket Thread

Shame for Clarkey that he didn't get to hit the winning runs. A great Captain's knock in his last ODI. Thanks for all the great memories Pup. 

 
Just woke up and switched on, looked like a really one-sided game. The favourites before the tournament and a deserved win with a nice farewell for Clarke. Like TheBrit, I'm used to England going out early but still normally enjoy WC's and the like. This seemed a bit anti-climactic with the final summing it up. Apart from England, there wasn't really a single upset after the group stage. Also it wasn't New Zealand's day but they really did well in the whole tournament so congrats to them as well.

"#ThingsMoreInterestingThanCWC15Final is trending on Twitter haha.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And as brad haddin showed, success couldn't be achieved by a more unlikeable bunch...not that I expect any Aussie to give two hoots...enjoy the celebrations...hope we stuff you in the summer (though will take some turnaround on our part)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And as brad haddin showed, success couldn't be achieved by a more unlikeable bunch...not that I expect any Aussie to give two hoots...enjoy the celebrations...hope we stuff you in the summer (though will take some turnaround on our part)
What did Haddin do? I didn't bother watching it after seeing NZ's tiny score.

I think it's high time we ban Australians from the forum, just until we're better at cricket than them. Might be a while.

 
Ah right, just seen the send off to Guptill. We all knew Haddin is a c**t anyway. Unsporting and a cheat.

 
Haddin has always been a c**t, as have Johnson, Warner and Starc etc. It's a shame as there are probably a few nice blokes on the team, Steve Smith seems one, but the whole team gets tarred with the same brush.

 
I like Starc and don't really mind Johnson any more. Warner is just a dick, nothing more nothing less.

Haddin has been claiming catches he knows he hasn't taken for years, doesn't get the stick he deserves. Great batsman, but a twat regardless. 

 
Ah right, just seen the send off to Guptill. We all knew Haddin is a c**t anyway. Unsporting and a cheat.
Also gave verbals to elliott when he got out...compare that to Brendon McCullum, who even though he was on receiving end of massive disappointment, went to shake Clarke's hand when he got out in what is his last odi...I'm all for a bit of passion and it was a World Cup final, but he went too far IMO...and these same Aussies were the ones grumbling about English arrogance in summer of 2013...pot and kettle

 
CBSqvV3UQAAPpI5.jpg


 
There's no doubt that the World Cup has gained New Zealand a lot of supporters for their exciting play and sportsmanship.

 
Yep that was us 10 years ago...playing great cricket to beat the Aussies in the ashes...but at same time Freddie going over to shake Brett lee by the hand after that dramatic edgbaston test...

 
crikey...the usual pantomime posts from the usual suspects about how very un-sporstmanlike our cricketers are. I know - I'll juxtapose 2 photos together & then write "A picture speaks a thousand words".....good v evil/black v white/up v down....how stupendously clever! Incontrovertible evidence! You lot should write for the Mail...or...the Mirror...or......some other english tabloid. And then no doubt in another thread you'll be bitching what the tabloids say about Chels....hehe 

 
crikey...the usual pantomime posts from the usual suspects about how very un-sporstmanlike our cricketers are. I know - I'll juxtapose 2 photos together & then write "A picture speaks a thousand words".....good v evil/black v white/up v down....how stupendously clever! Incontrovertible evidence! You lot should write for the Mail...or...the Mirror...or......some other english tabloid. And then no doubt in another thread you'll be bitching what the tabloids say about Chels....hehe 
I didn't make it, I posted a photo that was doing the rounds on FB and Twitter. I assume you're talking about me being a "usual suspect" but before the last couple of days I don't think I've really talked about cricket that isn't England or English county cricket. 

I don't like bad sportsmanship from any player, in any sport. I'm not a huge fan of James Anderson because he takes his frustration out on opposition players. Same goes for Kohli, Steyn, Jadeja, Johnson, anyone who I've seen being a dick on the field. Just like I like blokes who let their cricket do the talking like Steve Smith, Ian Bell, McCullum etc. Australia have been the team I've seen most "unsportsmanlike behaviour" from in the last 12 months which has been widely recognised by international media. I think umpires need to do more to stop any player from crossing the line.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
No worries...I guess it all comes down to one's definition of "unsportsmanlike". In a perfect world every professional sportsman would exhibit model behaviour both on & off the field. But that's never gonna happen is it? Sledging/bad tackles/not walking/diving/time wasting etc etc is always going to take place. Umpires & refs can't police everything all of the time & when professional sports are so competitive, certain practises are bound to take place like it or not. Take fast bowlers for example: they toil away - sometimes for great periods - it's physically exacting & puts great stress on the body. Add to that the modern trend of drop in - covered pitches & the fact that batsmen have never had it so good together with the bat "allowances" the ICC have let in in the last 15 years or so: it's now more than ever a batsmen's game - bigger sweet spots etc. So as a bowler you know all this - you sweat away knowing all the time that the batsmen these days have the upper hand. Is it any wonder that they get a bit snarly. I have no problem with Anderson, Steyn or Johnson getting a bit aggressive at all.

 
PAUL DOWNTON HAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
Great news.

I can picture KP lighting a cigar and settling into his chair with great, great satisfaction.

 
Ah so that was the snippet I was craning to listen to on the radio, just heard the word 'elitism'.

 
Back
Top