The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys read much in the way of graphic novels or comics? Looking for some suggestions on what I should pick up.

 
TBH I've only ever really liked Batman and the X Men. Never seen too much in the way of Graphic Novels other than some of the movies that were made from them

 
AzSOCCbCUAAJPfU.jpg
 
overall it's the best of the three in my view.

if WB are clever then the way forward is to make smaller, more intimate lower budget films set in nolan's world. pushing the big reset button is probably a bad idea.

 
overall it's the best of the three in my view.

if WB are clever then the way forward is to make smaller, more intimate lower budget films set in nolan's world. pushing the big reset button is probably a bad idea.
I enjoyed this three too much to have it ruined by a cash-grab fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. I would prefer a new trilogy, new director, new style. Since this one was so grounded in realism (compared to other Batmans), a lot of villains weren't used. I think a more "out there" one with bad buys like Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, etc. could be fun. Joker is always fun to have involved, but you may want to avoid him for the time being after Ledger's performance.

I also read an interesting article about new trilogy ideas, and the most promising one was starting with an established Batman finding the original Robin, eventually incorporating Nightwing, Red Hood, and all that jazz.

 
I don't understand the obsession with making everything into trilogies.

also I'm not really a 'batman fan' I like the character but I don't know the comics and don't care to either really. I mean I'm sure some are good but I don't think the filmmaker should be locked into what is already on the page.

you should be able to take the central 'truths' of the character, some skeletal plot details etc and do with them what you like.

if I were WB I would look to make a selina kyle prequel. not a batman film, but a film set in the same city (probably in the 8 year interval between tdk and tdkr) and make it deal with the consequences of the 'harvey dent act'. you basically have the chance to make a heist film inflected with a criticism of guantanamo bay / examination of heavy handed laws etc.

you use what you have- a good character, a well drawn and established world, a waiting fanbase... it makes sense. moreso than to just go "well what happens next? lets get person x to wear the cape and fight bad guy y from ruining gotham"

 
I wouldnt mind seeing Anne Hathaway in that catsuit once again

 
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Slightly predictable at the end, but you're going to have that with most movies. I thoroughly enjoyed Anne Hathaway too.

 
Michael Caine deserves an oscar nod for Alfred. Tom Hardy, he was my dude since Inception. Joseph Gordon Levitt, he has been the man since Brick. Then He did inception. Also Hesher for the Metal fans out there.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top