The Dirty Red Scousers Vs Chelsea (LC Semi-Final, 1st Leg) 20/01/2015 - KO - 19:45 UK Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyN

An Untouchable
Messages
9,545
Reaction score
443
Really hyped for this. Going for a 4-3-3 with Ramires as the box to box midfielder. 

Oscar in great form but, he's much more prone to being a passenger in these type of games.

GK: Cech

RB: Ivan

CB: Zouma

CB: Terry

LB: Luis

DM: Matic

CM: Fabregas

CM: Ramires

RW: Willian

LW: Hazard

ST: Costa

 
Last edited by a moderator:
3-0 Chels.

Lots of Scousers claiming victim status after the game.

Good luck to anyone going, never the nicest place to visit

 
I think we can win this comfortably and take a slight bit of pressure off for the second leg. Whether he starts Sterling, Borini or Balotelli, our defence will have them. Our wingers wilĺ be able to exploit the gaps left by their wingbacks and we're probably looking at coutinho/lallana vs matic. Put in a couple good set pieces and they'll be in trouble, if we don't win this it'll be us shooting ourselves in the foot, not us being outplayed.

 
Sorry but going to bring the negativity squad here but I'm not so sure about this game at all. Liverpool have picked up form at the worst possible time for us, we have bigger fish to fry this season, they don't, they are going to treat these two fixtures like it's there most important game of the season and that's because simply they are.

I seriously hope we really go for it in this one and manage to come out with a comfortable win, it will make things much easier at the home draw and we can't sacrifice much then since we have City on the weekend.

 
Liverpool is in good form at the moment, as I want to win this trophy I think we need to start with a strong XI.

Cech

Ivanovic

Zouma

Cahill

Luis

Matic

Fabregas

Schurrle

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

We always have a great passing game when Oscar, Fabregas and Matic starting together, this will destroy Liverpool. They're playing with 3 defenders (probably Sakho, Skrtel, Can), I can't see them stopping our counter attacks, we should give them 3-0 if they won't change their tactic. Markovic and Sterling are in good form but if we will start strong and score in the first 10 minutes then I can't see them putting us in danger when Oscar and Willian will head back to defende and help.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cech

Luis

Terry

Zouma

Ivanovic

Matic

Ramires

Shurrle

Oscar

Willian

Drogba

 
I think the dippers will be more up for this than us, they're looking to salvage some pride for the season and I think due to how close the league is these games might feel a distraction to some players.

I think Jose might be looking at a League Cup victory as a springboard to our title challenge much like when he first came to the club.

I think we might see a couple of changes to the side that played against Swansea just to keep things fresh if nothing else.

Cech

Ivan - Zouma - Cahill - Luis

Ramires - Matic

Schurrle - Fabregas - Hazard

Costa

I think we might see something like that, minor changes but still a strong side.

I would settle for score draw personally to give us the advantage going into the second leg.

 
Not sure how this one is going to go.

You just never know which Liverpool side is going to turn up this season.

 
Sorry but going to bring the negativity squad here but I'm not so sure about this game at all. Liverpool have picked up form at the worst possible time for us, we have bigger fish to fry this season, they don't, they are going to treat these two fixtures like it's there most important game of the season and that's because simply they are.

I seriously hope we really go for it in this one and manage to come out with a comfortable win, it will make things much easier at the home draw and we can't sacrifice much then since we have City on the weekend.
They have the Europa League and the FA Cup too remember.

 
They have the Europa League and the FA Cup too remember.
Aye but they'll be really up for this since they are in the semi's, F.A cup has only just started for the premier league and Europa League is no given trophy by any means.

I think they'll want to salvage some pride like ForeverCarfree said after such a bad season already, they'll love nothing more than to kick us out, especially us, they probably hate us more than any other side after last season.

 
Aye but they'll be really up for this since they are in the semi's, F.A cup has only just started for the premier league and Europa League is no given trophy by any means.

I think they'll want to salvage some pride like ForeverCarfree said after such a bad season already, they'll love nothing more than to kick us out, especially us, they probably hate us more than any other side after last season.
I don't think this Liverpool team have the personality to get up for big games.

Remember when they rested players against Real Madrid to play us? They still lost. If we don't beat these, we'll only have ourselves to blame. 

Mourinho hates Liverpool and he'll make sure we'll come out firing.

 
Yes, Liverpool is in good form now, but has anyone seen their performances? Absolute garbage.. I want to see Thibaut, Luis, Zouma, Terry, Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, Hazard,Willian and Diego. If we play with this team, we are going to decide the match and take rest next week before City.

 
Think it will be the same team that faced Swansea. With Jose resting some players the next game against Bradford.

How well Jose motivates the boys for this one will determine the result. Play like we did at Swansea and we will win.

 
I think they will play a lot better than they did when we played them at Anfield in the league so i don't expect this one to be easy at all. They are also only 2nd behind Southampton of the most in form teams.

 
I don't think this Liverpool team have the personality to get up for big games.

Remember when they rested players against Real Madrid to play us? They still lost. If we don't beat these, we'll only have ourselves to blame. 

Mourinho hates Liverpool and he'll make sure we'll come out firing.
That is true to be honest, it's just a feeling I guess, Liverpool are getting results at the moment back then they were absolutely terrible and couldn't get results at all.

I suppose we will have to wait and see, we are definitely the better side but I can't help but get the feeling this game is bigger for Liverpool than it is for us, and I really want this trophy too. Nothing better to get an early trophy.

 
I actually think we might lose the first leg but we'll win overall in the second leg
BW I like your train of thought. Park the bus, piss everyone off, then smash them @ Da Bridge. However I don't think Jose will do that, especially after he took off Costa, Cesc, & Willian. If I had my way, I would play that 4321 formation Jose rolled out vs Man Citeh last year @ da Etihad.

Tibo

Brana Cahill or Zouma JT Felipe

Ramires Mikel Matic

Willian Hazard

DC

I know it's a bit conservative, but we saw last Spring that staying at home will frustrate this side. I will be very happy with the Return of Boring Boring Chelsea. Then at the Bridge unleash the beasts on the dirty red.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top