The 'I cannot believe my luck' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfcstevens

In the Ressies
Messages
400
Reaction score
96
The champions lge final is on may 24th which is a Saturday. My brother-in-law is having his 40th birthday in Vegas on Saturday may 24th and I've just found out my flight to Las Vegas lands at 21.00 gmt!! Not sure wether to laugh or cry!!

Anybody else have any tales of unfortunate luck when it comes to Chelsea games???

 
That's pretty horrific, I've not had anything near that level but earlier in the year I had important work on during the arsenal game, managed to avoid the score and sky plus it, must say it was very difficult after coming home on the train and seeing a load of Chelsea, trying to avoid looking at them to see if they were happy or disappointed and stuck headphones in so i couldnt hear anything. Stayed up late watching the game and was 0-0.

 
Whoa there now, we still have to try and qualify for the final

I think in Carlo's first season due to prior engagements I missed 2 of the 7+ goal drubbings we handed out.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I unfortunately had no other obligations for the 2nd leg of the 2009 semi-final and had to watch it, that was pretty bad luck.

 
Got to MHL tickets for the Norwich game just as the last one went.

Due to Winchester City FC stewarding commitments, I missed all but 5 mins of the Napoli (H) game.

 
Not me personally but my dad.  Mum and Dad had their wedding booked then Chelsea got through to the League Cup semi final against Tottenham, the wedding was booked for the day of the final, so they changed the wedding to the following week (back in the day when weddings didn't have to be booked years in advance and didn't cost tens of thousands of pounds).  Anyway Chelsea won the semi and were through to the final vs Stoke, all going according to plan so far, the trouble was Wembely was double booked so the final got moved back a week - clashed with the wedding again!  This time it was too late to change the wedding and so he had to relay on his best man/brother to listen to the radio during the church service.

We lost the final but mum and dad are still married - I've never asked him what result would have been the best outcome!

 
My baby is due next week. Given its my first and its usually late, I'm expecting the baby to be born during one of the Ath Madrid games!

 
missed 97 cup final as I was on year abroad in oz...my membership number would have guaranteed me a ticket...in 2000, my sister got married the day we beat villa...

now, I'm going to miss Lisbon, if we get there, as brit junior is due to arrive (fingers crossed) around then...won't stop me heading to atletico though

 
Coming to the Sunderland game, does this mean it will be the Saturday now and not the Sunday, if so what time will K/o be as SKY had it before, will it be 5.30 ?

 
It was my niece's hen night on 19 May 2012........

We watched the match under the table on my other niece's phone (btw the phone was under the table, not us)

By the penalties, more people were gathered round and the whole restaurant were aware that we were Chelsea fans!  I get butterflies remembering it all (as I'm sure most of you do).  We then went on to a club and got absolutely hammered!

 
Vegas will be a great place to be. If we win you can celebrate like crazy and if we lose then you can drink you weight in booze and tell a stripper about how gutted you are that we lost.

Seems like a win win to me!

 
Waited all day til MOTD for villa and palace games(was staying at nans no internet) both 1-0 defeats. coincedence?

 
missed 97 cup final as I was on year abroad in oz...my membership number would have guaranteed me a ticket...in 2000, my sister got married the day we beat villa...
now, I'm going to miss Lisbon, if we get there, as brit junior is due to arrive (fingers crossed) around then...won't stop me heading to atletico though,/quote]

good news mate, congratulations. On the brit junior news not missing big games!
 
The champions lge final is on may 24th which is a Saturday. My brother-in-law is having his 40th birthday in Vegas on Saturday may 24th and I've just found out my flight to Las Vegas lands at 21.00 gmt!! Not sure wether to laugh or cry!!

Anybody else have any tales of unfortunate luck when it comes to Chelsea games???
First of all lets worry about the semi-s before the final. If it comes down to it I'm sure they'll have a sports channel on the tvs in the plane that you could watch the game on. Just get hammered on the plane and make sure everyone else hates you and their luck from all your cheering over the pond.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top