Is that because of his moronic behaviour at the Macclesfield match when he asked for a yellow for not moving back a few yards to take a throw?I love that but I think that A Cole is suspended for WiganKev
Oh no, it's absolutely feasable that an untried Reserves keeper, who was about to try out for, what was it, Motherwell? is on the bench just to keep a hugely experienced keeper out.Am I the only one who thinks the exclusion of Carlo is more to do with selection rather than injury?
i think he said that after his head injury.I remember Carlo saying he was fit for a game earlier in the year and Jose kept with Hilario. Something isn't right. A calf strain doesn't keep a goalkeeper out for over 6 weeks!
Hedman got injured last week, Makalemby was on the bench for the Macc game instead of Carlo. What would be gained by not selecting Carlo if he is fit? Any speculations?I take it your refering to Makalemby? We'll Hedman has been on the bench for most of our league games and I don't think the youngster has featured, bar once or twice.I remember Carlo saying he was fit for a game earlier in the year and Jose kept with Hilario. Something isn't right. A calf strain doesn't keep a goalkeeper out for over 6 weeks!
I don't like to throw a spanner in the works of what sounds like a nice outcome but the truth of the matter is that in that FA Cup game Villa were the lucky ones - lucky that they only lost by one goal. ON another day Utd could have hammered them - it was another game which showed that if Ronaldo and Rooney don't perform then Utd struggle to win games however they were still much the better side and I don't expect Villa to take anything from the game in the league.Manwho have Aston Villa at the Theatre of Screams and on Sunday's FA Cup performance from the Villa there is every chance that O'Neils men can do the same to United as they did to us on Tuesday 2nd.. and grab a draw against United - I see it as this because Manwho got so much luck against them in the FA Cup tie (90+2mins winner from Solsjaer, not deserved) that Villa have got to have the luck back really..
Ture, Utd did have the 90/10 percentage of the match.. but defensively O'Neil has got them sorted.. plus he has now gained a Utd defender on loan (Bardsley I think his name is), don't know whether he can play v Utd but that will help the Villa defensively. As you say 'lucky that they only lost by one goal' - that could easily be 'hugely lucky to beat/draw against Utd'.. you never know.. I can see Villa grabbing a point from OT..I don't like to throw a spanner in the works of what sounds like a nice outcome but the truth of the matter is that in that FA Cup game Villa were the lucky ones - lucky that they only lost by one goal. ON another day Utd could have hammered them - it was another game which showed that if Ronaldo and Rooney don't perform then Utd struggle to win games however they were still much the better side and I don't expect Villa to take anything from the game in the league.Manwho have Aston Villa at the Theatre of Screams and on Sunday's FA Cup performance from the Villa there is every chance that O'Neils men can do the same to United as they did to us on Tuesday 2nd.. and grab a draw against United - I see it as this because Manwho got so much luck against them in the FA Cup tie (90+2mins winner from Solsjaer, not deserved) that Villa have got to have the luck back really..
regarding Cole - is this true ?Is that because of his moronic behaviour at the Macclesfield match when he asked for a yellow for not moving back a few yards to take a throw?
Yup - thats what happened - the irony was that I think he was going to do a goodwill throw to the Macclesfield goalkeeperregarding Cole - is this true ?Is that because of his moronic behaviour at the Macclesfield match when he asked for a yellow for not moving back a few yards to take a throw?![]()