thebluekid
In the Ressies
- Messages
- 332
- Reaction score
- 284
I've been meaning to write a little article on this for a while now; the realities of the season just gone. The emotions of it all. The ups, the downs and everything in between. I guess we've been here before haven't we really? Casting back to Munich in 2012 when as a wee nipper I'd stormed out of my friends bedroom in tears when Drogba tucked that final penno away; or the opposite in 2008 when I ran and ran and ran late at night around my street just to escape the hurt of JT slipping. To see, at the time, Fergie and his boys lift that trophy was a one-way ticket to abuse from the boys in school and at football for months on end.
This year has been mental for us, the fans. From an amazing summer of transfers that filled the air with optimism; to a realistic title charge that just died when the weather got worse. Losing a club legend like Frank hurt, a lot. As someone that coaches football, however, I used to get angry at the idea that someone could get a job like this based purely off his playing reputation; you have to earn the right to be the best. Frank earned it as a player; he got given it as a manager. I loved him though- you put those feelings to one side and you give him every ounce of support you can. Unlike some who thought that the meaning of being a 'fan' was to cuss and call for his head.
In came Tuchel and his boys; that funny looking German bloke that would look more at ease replacing Basil Fawlty than Frankie Lampard. What a job he has done though; what a job. He's created a dream again at Chelsea. Not just for me, you, the fans, but for the players. He's given a platform to our immensely talented group- he's told them 'Listen to me, breathe it in, but be yourselves'. What did they do? They only went and won the bloody UCL.
Are we back? I hope so. For too long we've seen the obsession with Pep Guardiola; the rise (and fall again, brilliant) of Liverpool. A domination in the media while Chelsea have quietly gone about their thing and now sit top of the tree as European, yes EUROPEAN, champions. To think someone called Robbie Savage recently said that Pep Guardiola was the best manager of all time; tell him to put his European medals on the table since his Barcelona days and I'd think otherwise.
Let's enjoy it.
PS. Erling, do the right thing.
This year has been mental for us, the fans. From an amazing summer of transfers that filled the air with optimism; to a realistic title charge that just died when the weather got worse. Losing a club legend like Frank hurt, a lot. As someone that coaches football, however, I used to get angry at the idea that someone could get a job like this based purely off his playing reputation; you have to earn the right to be the best. Frank earned it as a player; he got given it as a manager. I loved him though- you put those feelings to one side and you give him every ounce of support you can. Unlike some who thought that the meaning of being a 'fan' was to cuss and call for his head.
In came Tuchel and his boys; that funny looking German bloke that would look more at ease replacing Basil Fawlty than Frankie Lampard. What a job he has done though; what a job. He's created a dream again at Chelsea. Not just for me, you, the fans, but for the players. He's given a platform to our immensely talented group- he's told them 'Listen to me, breathe it in, but be yourselves'. What did they do? They only went and won the bloody UCL.
Are we back? I hope so. For too long we've seen the obsession with Pep Guardiola; the rise (and fall again, brilliant) of Liverpool. A domination in the media while Chelsea have quietly gone about their thing and now sit top of the tree as European, yes EUROPEAN, champions. To think someone called Robbie Savage recently said that Pep Guardiola was the best manager of all time; tell him to put his European medals on the table since his Barcelona days and I'd think otherwise.
Let's enjoy it.
PS. Erling, do the right thing.