The Shed End photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

osgood1970

New Signing
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
To all fellow Chelsea fans,

                                         Does anyone have a clear photo(possibly A4 or smaller of The Shed End in colour that i can purchase?

I have supported Chelsea since 1969 and have many fond memories of The Bridge,as it used to be.I am currently living in Colombia SA,and at present collecting old team photo's and ground pictures,which will eventually be framed.

I have plenty of team pics,also a good pic of the ground in the early seventies,which was taken from The shed end,hence the photo i need.

Ossie is my boyhood idol and i have plenty of signed photo's of him,but am desperate for one of the shed end.

Cheers

Keith

 
mate go to the vintage pics section have a trawl throu think you will find what you want..........

/monthly_03_2014/post-6283-0-94876200-1394688441_thumb.jpg

/monthly_03_2014/post-6283-0-35780700-1394688491_thumb.jpg

/monthly_03_2014/post-6283-0-16721000-1394688608_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • cfc shed fans 2.jpg
    cfc shed fans 2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
  • cfcshedcloser.jpg
    cfcshedcloser.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
  • cfc shed fans 3.jpg
    cfc shed fans 3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
Bit ironic that you can see Battersey in the background of photo2.

What could have been. Think it would have been the perfect iconic location for CFC.

 
Bit ironic that you can see Battersey in the background of photo2.

What could have been. Think it would have been the perfect iconic location for CFC.
 That's actually Lots Road Power Station sorry for being pedantic

 
That's actually Lots Road Power Station sorry for being pedantic
Shows how much I know. One chimney looks just the same as another one to me.

Now I'll slide quietly into the corner and hide my head in shame.

 
Shows how much I know. One chimney looks just the same as another one to me.

Now I'll slide quietly into the corner and hide my head in shame.
Ha ha a chimney is a chimney at the end of the day. I'd hate to leave the bridge but if we did bps would have been the place

 
I don't think its Lots road either, I think its the old Fulham Power Station that used to be in Townmead Road

 
Bit ironic that you can see Battersey in the background of photo2.

What could have been. Think it would have been the perfect iconic location for CFC.
I think that's the lots road power station mate.....
 
Fulham power station had for chimneys but by 1979 only two chimneys remained. The picture above is from the 80s so I reckon it's lots road power station but I could be wrong.

 
started something here ain't I I've been sad and looked up about both power stations both had 4 chimneys Fulham had 4 in a row Lots Road 4 in each corner it's hard to tell in the photo which is which one thing though Fulham closed in 1978 and was partly demolished a couple of years later causing a big asbestos scare Lots Road went on into the 90s so depends when the picture was taken.

Think I'll stick to spotting trains much less controversial than Power Station spotting :biggrin:  

 
I'm sure its Fulham Power Station, I used to live in Sands end as a kid and I remember it clearly from then...I thought it still had 4 chimneys until the early 80's although it was closed down in the late 70's...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top