The Sun - Premier League Team of the Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crap! My maths sucks, sorry. I even noticed all of them in their :o

Either way it's good stuff, and imo hard to argue with - no doubt someone will be whining about it though, did you see the reaction to JT being in the World XI the other day? Bloody hell.

 
I am pleased at the number of Chelsea players that have been selected. It demonstrates how well the players and the club have done during the decade.

 
Can't really argue with most of those. I'd probably put in Cech or even van der Saar ahead of Given, but Petr's recent bad occasional mistakes of the last 2-3 seasons and Given's impressive form this year have pretty much made for that choice. Also, Carragher at RB. Jesus Christ ! I remember when we played them in 2002 or thereabouts Gronkjaer (!) used to run him ragged. There may not have been that many great RBs, but FFS !

Idiotic quote of the decade : "If there is a player who deserves the Premiership, it's Steven Gerrard." ::clap2::

 
I think my main problem with those teams are that it should feature players who have excelled for at least 4-5 years, barring exceptional circumstances. Cristiano Ronaldo is an obvious exception, but both Drogba and Carragher who really only had 2 excellent seasons (or in Drogba's case, 1.5) they don't really compare to the same level of consistent excellence as the rest of the team.

Would probably choose Gary Neville over Jamie Carragher, and Ruud van Nistelrooy over Drogba.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top