The Ultimate Pop Song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've clearly got far too much time on my hands...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You clearly have impeccable taste yourself :wub: This is the best I could find, I'm afraid...
I'm afraid it didn't come out, so I've found this, which by the numbers is the same as yours, so we'll see whether it comes out or not. It's full name, of course, for youngsters who don't remember them, is Randolph's Tango.

As for impeccable tatse, have you read Loz's damning indictment of my penchant for Meatloaf?

 
As for impeccable tatse, have you read Loz's damning indictment of my penchant for Meatloaf?
Can't say as I have - I'll have a look for that. Quite like Meat Loaf myself, especially when he's performing Jim Steinman's tunes. Must admit though, I only saw Meat Loaf live once and he was booed off the stage - he left under a huge shower of bottles at Knebworth '85 (Deep Purple headlined that year!)

 
This is one of my favourites from Meatloaf, mainly for the "poem" in the intro, but also for the general philosophy that wasted youth is better by far etc - aged though I am I still think that the best think to do with youth is to waste it!

 
Nothing wrong with Meatloaf in my book...this was my fav ;)

Bluebeard I havn't heard that Poppy Family record since it was out, we used to sing it to a mate of mine called Billy when he played football, he confused himself with his stepovers(lol)

and the Tams made me think about this for some reason

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered afterwards that the Wasted Youth I posted just gave you the intro. Here is the full song.

Loz will probably say it's Alma Cogan for rockers (if he's even heard of Alma Cogan!)

 
Wonderful live band here - seen them quite a few times once in a small club where the bass went through your rib cage hit the wall and then back through your rib cage again - made acid redundant


name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">Steve every band has to have a good night, I only remember that Born to Wild was good, but that was in my younger days when I could put away a few pints - unlike nowadays.

 
Yes, Born to be Wild is great. So is this one - I'd forgotten what Iggy pop used to look like before he got old and wrinkly!

Walk on the Wild Side is also great.

 
Steve every band has to have a good night
What, even Little Jimmy Osmond??? :wacko: I'll take your word for it, Tim ;)

I only remember that Born to Wild was good, but that was in my younger days when I could put away a few pints - unlike nowadays.
Yeah, I noticed that you started to slow down after your 25th pint during our crawl of Hastings Old Town :lol: :bustingup:

Slade have always done a good cover of 'Born To Be Wild', but I don't think anyone can touch Steppenwolf's original. I seem to remember seeing Steppenwolf doing an extra long live version on TV many years ago, absolutely brilliant. Any idea if there's any footage of that knocking about anywhere?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody who ever saw Easy Rider could be satisfied with anything less than Steppenwolf!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mungo Jerry, In the Summertime

Honeybus, Can't Let Maggie Go

Not sure if they have been mentioned yet

 
Good shout, Scott...

If those sideburns had brains they could have taken over the world!

few more - see what you've started now...? ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last few. honest!

Either very naff or very moving, that last one, depending on you taste - though of course, The Shed's alternative rendition was a truly emotional version, "Ode To A Scouse Keeper", sung whenever we played Everton back in the day....

"Gordon West, Gordon West,

Biggest c*nt since Georgie Best,

Get on your bike,

And f*ck off home"

[sob], I'm filling up just thinking about it, [gulp]...

 
These are all superb -- except that I'm not getting any sound on them. I loved the Days of Pearly Spencer and haven't heard it for years. I've checked the sound levels on my computer and they're OK, so what's the problem?????

 
I'm pretty sure it's down to too many youtube links on the same page; none of these play for me either, the same thing happened a while back when I embedded around 10 links in the same post.

Not sure if this is down to my machine or a network thing.

 
Strange - they all play OK for me, though I do have to wait quite a while for them to get started.

As you say Lofty, maybe they don't play on some computers due to too many links on the same page.

If you like, moi, I could start another thread and put some on there (fewer though!) - try and play them again though, and give them a bit of time - might work that way.

 
They "play" in as much as the red thermometer type line moves along and the figures in the video move, but there's no sound.

I think a "Best of Bluebeard" thread would be terrific!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top