Things your mobile phone can do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

moi

Welcome back, twin! XXX
Messages
32,538
Reaction score
5,744
This is not a joke! (well I don;t think so) Geezer, please confirm if these claims are true. if they are, they are jolly useful! I just recvied this in an email from John Richardsson, the drummer who knew your dad.

FOUR THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO.

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies... Your mobile phone can actually

be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST

Emergency Services

The Emergency Number worldwide for all Mobile Phones is 112.

If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and your mobile will search any existing network in your area to establish the emergency number for you, and

interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked.

This works on all phones worldwide and is free.

SECOND

Have you locked your keys in the car?

If your car has remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call

someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.. Saves someone from having to drive

your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be thousands of miles away,

Editor's Note: I didn’t believe this when I heard about it! I rang my daughter in Sydney from Perth when we went on holiday. She had the spare car key. We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

THIRD

Is your mobile phone battery flat ?

All mobiles have Hidden Battery Power

To activate, press the keys *3370# (remember the asterisk). Do this when the phone is almost dead.

Your mobile will restart in a special way with this new reserve and the instrument will show a 50%

increase in battery life.. This reserve will get re charged when you charge your mobile next time.

This secret is in the fine print in most phone manuals. Most people however skip this information without realising.

FOURTH

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #

Ensure you put an asterisk BEFORE the #06# sequence.

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

If your phone ever get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code.

They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get you r phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If

everybody done this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

This secret is also in the fine print of most mobile phone manuals. It was created for the very purpose of trying to prevent phones from being stolen.

Also -ATM PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know !!

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering

your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes

that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money

you requested, but unknown to the robber, the po lice will be immediately dispatched to the location.

All ATM’s carry this emergency sequencer by law.

This information was recently broadcast on by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don't know about it.



Please pass this along to everyone.

 
I thought the first two were quite widely known. I'm sure the third one was only for Nokia phones and the fourth one is irrelevant they can block it through the phone your sim was last in.

Oh and the last one sounds bogus.

 
I hope they are all true. Just recharged my battery, so I can't try that one and I don't own a car, so that's ruled out as well. Did the *#06# thing and I got my phone's serial number. Cool.

They should however change it so that when the thief tries to use the stolen phone it just shows a message in the screen. Something rude preferably.

 
I thought the first two were quite widely known. I'm sure the third one was only for Nokia phones and the fourth one is irrelevant they can block it through the phone your sim was last in.

Oh and the last one sounds bogus.
Samsung Galaxys can run on reserve power, but it is not recommended to do this for any phone. If you deplete the battery fully it can destroy the memory circuits. Last one is definitely bogus.

 
Moi what an epic post!!

I will try the phone unlock one when I get home haha

 
Did you know you can use your mobile phone to actually make PHONE CALLS! Though I still havent found out how to do that on my new phone.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
To be truthful, dickywuh, making phone calls and sending text messages are the only things I DO know how to do with it! It's all very well for youngsters like the Scrambled Bun to say he thought it was widely known that you could do these first two things, but some of our aged heads are so full of really useless information like when to use the subjunctive that they can't find room for useful tips on how to use the mobile phone! (and it appears some of them aren't true anyway, so....)

 
Did you know you can use your mobile phone to actually make PHONE CALLS! Though I still havent found out how to do that on my new phone.
Pfffft, that's a novelty. Who needs it? No one.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top