This is what I've been listening to, what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB, Lofty and Mike O (or anyone else for that matter)I'm trying to re-create an album I had years and years ago, it was called The Original Funk Soul Brothers and Sisters. I have most of the tracks already, but am short of a few.

It looks like [web][/web]

have any of you got any of the following?

Mavis Staples - Koochie Koochie Koochie

The Last Poets - The When The Revolution Comes

Aaron Neville - Hercules

Ohio Players - Trespassin'

Maceo & All The King's Men - Funky Women

Lightnin' Rod With Kool And The Gang - Sport

Joe Tex - You Said A Bad Word

I would be eternally grateful for any of them, can't find these on any download sites.

Cheers

Kev

PS - the rest of the tracks that I've already got are

#James Brown - Cold Sweat

#Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep (Part 1)

#Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead

#The Meters - Handclapping Soul

#Sly Stone - Can't Nickname The Truth

#Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle

#Earth, Wind & Fire - In The Stone

#First Choice - Armed And Extremely Dangerous

#Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street (Part 2)

And I'm adding Gil Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not be Televised just because I love it so so much
The only one of your requests I know I've got is Joe Tex. I've sent you a few link that might help though. I know I've some Ohio Players there, for instance (4 or 5 albums) but can't remember if it's the same one you're after.

 
Didnt know you were a Broadway boy - I used to go to the Mitre too but mainly the Castle
I was a Mitcham boy, but I used to go to Tooting occasionally for a bit of glamour
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif


Apart from the Mitre, I used to get in the Fountain, Trafalgar, Castle, Horse & Groom & Railway Bell. Also used to drink in Croydon, Streatham, Sutton, Carshalton, Morden, Wimbledon, Colliers Wood, Battersea, Wandsworth & Fulham, plus of course, the obligatory pub crawl of the West End now and then - but most of the time I stayed in Mitcham - there were 29 pubs there back in those days!
drinkdrunk.gif
My first job was on the Willow Lane Ind Estate - ?16.60pw- the only other times I went to Mitcham was for the Footie and the Chippy on the Green apart from a few involuntary visits to the nick on Amen Corner. When I first met my wife she lived on Spencer Road
I worked over the Willow Lane estate too, back in the early 80's. Also made an involuntary visit to Tooting nick
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif


I watched Tooting & Mitcham quite a few times in the 70's, when they were still at Sandy Lane. Naturally I was at the Palarse cup game where there was fun and games over Figges Marsh and the Victoria Road cemetary
PDT_kar.gif
aXe.gif
PDT_box.gif
icon_lol.gif


 
Steve Earle: Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator

51S9HYVMZVL._AA240_.jpg


Love this album. Apparently, a lot of Steve Earle fans regard this as his worst ever album. What do I know, what do I care? Also like this quote from the liner notes:

How I Spent My Vacation, By Steve Earle and The Dukes:First we went to Australia. There were no kangaroos in Sydney.

Then we went to New Zealand.

Then Bangkok for one hour.

We went all around the world

We hung out with a lot of bikers and drunk a lot of beer.

I didn't even get thrown in jail once.
 
Steve Earle: Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator
51S9HYVMZVL._AA240_.jpg


Love this album. Apparently, a lot of Steve Earle fans regard this as his worst ever album. What do I know, what do I care? Also like this quote from the liner notes:

How I Spent My Vacation, By Steve Earle and The Dukes:First we went to Australia. There were no kangaroos in Sydney.

Then we went to New Zealand.

Then Bangkok for one hour.

We went all around the world

We hung out with a lot of bikers and drunk a lot of beer.

I didn't even get thrown in jail once.
Steve Earle has done some great stuff over the years - my fave albums of his are "Train A Comin'" and "Copperhead Road".

 
I agree Copperhead Road was a bit special. I've been into his music on and off ever since I was fortunate enough to catch Steve Earle and the Dukes live in concert on Radio 1.

 
Just playing "Astral Weeks" by Van Morrison - I'd forgotten what an excellent album this is!
He was 22 years old when he made that album. What the f**k is that about? How does that happen?

 
Been busy as hell lately, but judging by the pile of CDs on my table, I've managed to have these CDs playing in the background during the last week or so:

Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Airplane Over the Sea

Beirut - Flying Club Cup

Toots & The Maytals - Sweet & Dandy and Greatest Hits

The Jam - Compact Snap

Manu Chao - La Radiolina

XTC - White Music

Ramones - The Anthology

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

Goran Bregovic - Soundtrack to Underground

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top