Tiago.. Bullet dodged me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiago has signed a new two year deal at Athletico..

I for one am mightily relieved that all the rumours that we would be taking him back can now be finally put to rest.. Pheew

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/chelsea
Wouldve been a strange signing but its hardly something to get your knickers in a twist over. He wouldnt have been a first team player. I think due to his previous time at Chelsea we owe him a bit more respect than to say 'bullet dodged, phew' etc. I wouldve been happy to see him again, half decent player who clearly loved his year with us. Wish him nothing but the best of luck.

 
He was half decent with us at age 23 in his prime. Taking him back a decade later instead of using a youth player is folly.

 
My opinion of him is it's not a bullet dodged as he wouldn't have been first choice anyway as would probably still do a job when required. It's just a signing we didn't really need at the end of the day.

 
Wouldve been a strange signing but its hardly something to get your knickers in a twist over. He wouldnt have been a first team player. I think due to his previous time at Chelsea we owe him a bit more respect than to say 'bullet dodged, phew' etc. I wouldve been happy to see him again, half decent player who clearly loved his year with us. Wish him nothing but the best of luck.
No knickers here fella.. So knock the patronising tone on the head.

And the fact that he was Ok (no more no less) when here TEN YEARS ago, doesn't mean it would have been a good idea to bring someone in their mid thirties back to the club on 5 times the wages of one our promising youngsters !

It would've been IMO an extremely short sighted decision by the club. So.. on that basis i think pheew is OK.

And, i'm not having as pop at him, i liked him when he was here, and also wish him the best of luck.

 
Don't think there was anything patronising, mate. But I am in agreement that he had a good year with us, enjoyed the club, we've been linked with nearly all his team mates anyway so why not add him into the mix considering he's familiar with Chelsea/Jose; however, age and wages would have been a slightly concerning prospect and I'd much rather we gave a squad place to a youngster who is hungry to impress.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top