north stand
In the Ressies
- Messages
- 371
- Reaction score
- 0
Unfortunatley, I fear you may be right! This will have FIFA bricking it, as there were already concerns about the safety of the public at the WC.I wouldn't be at all surprised if something similar happened at the World Cup
seriously? unbelievable. and we thought our FA were inconsiderate idiots. what a crass thing to say.I see the head of the African football federation has criticised Togo for coming by coach rather than flying!It's hard to see the Togo side continuing in the tournament after this.
It was really hard seeing them outside the hotel or hospital, clearly in agony over what had happened. BBC reported a rumor that the authorities persuaded them to stay, but I cant see how they ever would after this.This really is a tragic event.Reports coming through that the team meeting Ade held this morning has resulted in them leaving. They are apparently at the airport now. Thank god. The tournament should be cancelled and everyone brought home.
I was disgusted at the event organisers yesterday. They attempted to play the incident down blaming a burst tyre for the panic. A burst f**king tyre for christ sake. Adebayor was one of the players carrying the wounded from the buses. He sounded distraught on the radio last night. I just want them home.