Top 5 Players This Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Moses - When we signed him, i genuinely thought he was bang average, But his performances and goals this year have shown me he is a great player and will be a player we can rely on in the future. I think if our season was less hectic he may not have had his chance, but since he has, i think he has shone and been brilliant
2-His goals? He's got one goal in 20 league games this season, and zero assists! Quite poor if you ask me..

 
Best:

1. Mata

2. Hazard

3. Cech

4. Luiz

5. Ramires

Worst of those getting gametime:

1. Marin

2. Turnbull

3. Moses

4. Torres

5. Benayoun

6. Bertrand

7. Ba

8. Mikel
Agree with the top 5 but Mikel has been great this season! And Moses has been solid. My opinion anyway...

Ba hasn't been great but always happy to see him in Torres' place.

 
1. RVP

2. Carrick

3. Rafael

4. Vidic

5. De Gea

M.U.F.C 20X MIND THE GAP.

image-7_zpsfada7f6b.jpg


 
Your team has just won the league, and the first thing you do is join a Chelsea forum. I bet that was some party at your place tonight!

 
Your team has just won the league, and the first thing you do is join a Chelsea forum. I bet that was some party at your place tonight!
I don't even think this guy is bright enough to consider how pathetic he is.

 
If you think about it Mata, Hazard and Cech are pretty much the only players you can say praises to. Then there are big bunch of players who have been good, great, average and bad in games. Average if you look at the whole season. From that bunch I think Luiz and Ramires stand out. Both have played a lot of games which needs to be a criteria considering best players. Then there is Oscar, Cole, Azpilicueta and Frank in the next wave...

 
2-His goals? He's got one goal in 20 league games this season, and zero assists! Quite poor if you ask me..
He has scored some important goals this season! 8 goals in all comps, and being a player who isn't first choice, i think he has done well!

 
Best:

1. Mata

2. Hazard

3. Cech

4. Lampard

5. Oscar

Worst:

1. Torres

2. Marin

3. Turnbull

4. Benayoun

5. Mikel

 
best

1 Mata

2 hazard

3 cech

4 Oscar

5 azpilicueta

Worst

1 Torres

2 Luiz

3 marin

4 benayoun but like Marin hasn't had much of a go.

5 lamps I suppose

 
Note- above is relative to their role in the squad.

 
Like g3.7 all relative to role in the squad.

Best

1. Mata
2. Hazard
3. Luiz
4. Cech
5. Azpilecueta

Worst

1.Torres
2. Cahill
3.Ivanovic
4. Lampard
5. Marin

My opinion, of course.

 
best

1 Mata

2 hazard

3 cech

4 Oscar

5 azpilicueta

Worst

1 Torres

2 Luiz

3 marin

4 benayoun but like Marin hasn't had much of a go.

5 lamps I suppose
Lamps ?? Why ?? Not his best season given his high standards but on of the top 5 worst ? Explain yourself young sir

 
well I struggled.

torres and luiz for me are easy picks. torres has been worse performance wise this season than last- despite better service he's offered less threat / quality in the final third. luiz, for me, remains a talented liability. I am horrified at the idea that he's set to be a player the club may well look to build around. 

after that, well marin was a gamble. a cheap gamble on a talented player with form and injury issues that haven't subsided. it was worth the punt but clearly it hasn't paid off. benayoun came back as temporary cover and has been adequate. he doesn't deserve the sustained criticism he receives but clearly, and no matter how much people might deny it, it has little to do with his performances. 

I struggled to pick the worst list. we've a lot of good players who have been solid but no more like mikel, cahill, bertrand and moses and we have a few very good players who have had average-decent seasons (in part due to injury etc) like ashley cole, ivanovic, ramires and jt.

lamps has scored a lot of goals once more and wherever he plays he'll get them. I think he deserves one more year as a squad player on a wage appropriate to that role. his intelligence is undimmed and he'll always pop up in the space to get a goal but I think every other part of his game is on the wane. a lot of fairly poor performances have been slightly masked by his goals. his control of games, mobility, passing and influence has receded. over the course of the season he's fallen out of our best midfield partnership and midfield isn't an area where we have exceptional quality any more. given the player he used to be, how much it costs to have him (and possibly to keep him) and the fact his staying might impede de bruyne (who is probably now a better player) I think it might be a fair inclusion. basically this was the season in which age has finally caught up with him. 

 
lamps has scored a lot of goals once more and wherever he plays he'll get them. I think he deserves one more year as a squad player on a wage appropriate to that role. his intelligence is undimmed and he'll always pop up in the space to get a goal but I think every other part of his game is on the wane. a lot of fairly poor performances have been slightly masked by his goals. his control of games, mobility, passing and influence has receded. over the course of the season he's fallen out of our best midfield partnership and midfield isn't an area where we have exceptional quality any more. given the player he used to be, how much it costs to have him (and possibly to keep him) and the fact his staying might impede de bruyne (who is probably now a better player) I think it might be a fair inclusion. basically this was the season in which age has finally caught up with him. 
I agree pretty much with g3.7 reasoning over Lampard. I still think he has a role in the squad, but he can't be in our first choice midfield if we are to be serious about a league challenge. I am pretty much in a very small minority of Chelsea fans who would accept and understand Lampard leaving. His wages are far too high for a bit part player, and we have players like De Bruyne and Chalobah who are more likely to contribute more in the next two years. The Frank situation to me is more a symbol of the issue between boardroom and fans, yet on a pure footballing and financial perspective, the board have a decent degree of logic letting Frank go. 50k a week and acceptance of his role as a 4th choice CM and there is no reason he shouldn't stay. That is, in my opinion, the level his performances warrant.

 
well I struggled.

torres and luiz for me are easy picks. torres has been worse performance wise this season than last- despite better service he's offered less threat / quality in the final third. luiz, for me, remains a talented liability. I am horrified at the idea that he's set to be a player the club may well look to build around. 

after that, well marin was a gamble. a cheap gamble on a talented player with form and injury issues that haven't subsided. it was worth the punt but clearly it hasn't paid off. benayoun came back as temporary cover and has been adequate. he doesn't deserve the sustained criticism he receives but clearly, and no matter how much people might deny it, it has little to do with his performances. 

I struggled to pick the worst list. we've a lot of good players who have been solid but no more like mikel, cahill, bertrand and moses and we have a few very good players who have had average-decent seasons (in part due to injury etc) like ashley cole, ivanovic, ramires and jt.

lamps has scored a lot of goals once more and wherever he plays he'll get them. I think he deserves one more year as a squad player on a wage appropriate to that role. his intelligence is undimmed and he'll always pop up in the space to get a goal but I think every other part of his game is on the wane. a lot of fairly poor performances have been slightly masked by his goals. his control of games, mobility, passing and influence has receded. over the course of the season he's fallen out of our best midfield partnership and midfield isn't an area where we have exceptional quality any more. given the player he used to be, how much it costs to have him (and possibly to keep him) and the fact his staying might impede de bruyne (who is probably now a better player) I think it might be a fair inclusion. basically this was the season in which age has finally caught up with him. 
Fair comment on lamps I just feel his work rate , effort and willigness to play for the team deflect some of the panache the old Father Tiime is now clawing back , I don't think I could ever have him in a top 5 worst performers

 
Cech

Mata

Ramires

Hazard

Luiz (Next Chelsea Captain).

These guys will be around for some time.

 
Fair comment on lamps I just feel his work rate , effort and willigness to play for the team deflect some of the panache the old Father Tiime is now clawing back , I don't think I could ever have him in a top 5 worst performers
mmm I must admit it does feel a bit wrong to put him in. especially as he has won us important points. and he is 35 in the summer so I shouldn't really expect him to play like he did at 30. I struggled for players in the list. after the first two. and even those players aren't totally without redeeming features.

 
mmm I must admit it does feel a bit wrong to put him in. especially as he has won us important points. and he is 35 in the summer so I shouldn't really expect him to play like he did at 30. I struggled for players in the list. after the first two. and even those players aren't totally without redeeming features.
... I am still baffled how anyone could put Ivan in as a top 5 worst performer ??? Agreed he had one shocker but he has performed above and beyond and played in more positions for us this season than you would expect from a £20,000 a night prossie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
People forget how many tricky situations Lampard saved us from around christmas and january when he had a fantastic scoring record, and singlehandedly got us numerous points that without we wouldn't even be fighting for top 4 right now.

As for Luiz he's been our most consistent CB this year and also his step up into midfield was considered a success, especially compared to Mikel (who I struggle to see can be excluded from any worst 5 lists while Lampard and Luiz are on there).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top