Transfers

mathand1

New Signing
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Please tell me guy's if there is any relistic truth on defenders,Goalkeeper and a proven top striker coming in during the transfer window because much as the young guns are showing promice and we all love Lampard, This team is painful to watch at times regards to defending!!!

We always seem to play a team that has just sacked there manager and take the backlash from it,,it's a joke!

I fear poxy Spurs and Man U even catching us before long if things don't change so thank god the transfer ban has been lifted and we don't end up buying CRAP yet again in panic buying !

 
There's talk of us activating the £40m "double your money" buy back clause in Ake's contract. Seeing how he's graduated into a decent center half and £40m is pretty cheap for a CB who knows the Prem and the club it might be a decent move. Depends if he's okay with being sold and coming back, I guess.

 
Basically, this window: 

Sancho 100m

Werner 70m

Zaha 70m

Isco 40m

Koulibaly 70m

Chilwell 60m

Sorted. 

 
Basically, this window: 

Sancho 100m

Werner 70m

Zaha 70m

Isco 40m

Koulibaly 70m

Chilwell 60m

Sorted. 
You can cross of Zaha, totally over rated, Brendan says that Chilwell is not going anywhere this window, if we end up with Werner and Isco and sign Sancho with a loan back to Dortmund that will be an excellent window for January, especially if we can clear out some dead wood, however I think the main area is the defence that needs to be sorted out first.  

 
Basically, this window: 

Sancho 100m

Werner 70m

Zaha 70m

Isco 40m

Koulibaly 70m

Chilwell 60m

Sorted. 


You can cross of Zaha, totally over rated, Brendan says that Chilwell is not going anywhere this window, if we end up with Werner and Isco and sign Sancho with a loan back to Dortmund that will be an excellent window for January, especially if we can clear out some dead wood, however I think the main area is the defence that needs to be sorted out first.  
I doubt we sign any of those as well. Maybe Sancho with a loan back like Pulisic. Werners release clause, if he has one, works only in summer windows according to latest reports. Koulibalyu would cost double that amount.

 
Something tells me we aren't going to be as crazy as media predict.  Was very easy to claim we will go on a spree simply because we couldn't in summer.

Hodgson said Zaha is not for sale.... but.... if a big bid comes in you need to consider it.  So that tells you they would let him go if they absolutely had to, so i think he is still a possibility.

Zaha, Dembele/Werner and Ake is about the lengths we will go.   But i kinda think a Sancho deal like the Pulisic one could happen, which would then mean Zaha doesn't join, no issues with that

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Something tells me we aren't going to be as crazy as media predict.  Was very easy to claim we will go on a spree simply because we couldn't in summer.

Hodgson said Zaha is not for sale.... but.... if a big bid comes in you need to consider it.  So that tells you they would let him go if they absolutely had to, so i think he is still a possibility.

Zaha, Dembele/Werner and Ake is about the lengths we will go.   But i kinda think a Sancho deal like the Pulisic one could happen, which would then mean Zaha doesn't join, no issues with that
Was just about to say what Hodgson said about Zaha. My fear is that we are going to spend way to much to get Zaha. I think Zaha would be a really solid addition to this squad, but I am not liking the idea of spending 60-80M on the man. If they did something like 30M + Batshuayi, I could absolutely get behind that, but I don't see the player +cash happening since it is pretty rare. Zaha is a pretty flexible player and could even be a striker behind Tammy and also play on the left and right -- just don't overpay Chelsea. Especially if it causes us to miss out on someone like Sancho

I wouldn't be surprised if we made 1 maybe 2 signings this window. I think we will try and be relatively smart with money and go after a few players we are more likely to get in the summer rather than winter window (Sancho/Chillwell come to mind). I think we will kick the tires and see if we can't get one or the other this window but I really don't think that it is likely, however.

 
I'm a no on Ake. 180 is just too short for an elite centre back. Particularly when you're joining a team that already has issues with crosses and set pieces and a goal keeper anchored to his line. I'd love a left footed option in our centre backs but they need to be closer to 190 for me.

 
I'm a no on Ake. 180 is just too short for an elite centre back. Particularly when you're joining a team that already has issues with crosses and set pieces and a goal keeper anchored to his line. I'd love a left footed option in our centre backs but they need to be closer to 190 for me.
I'm surprised so many responded to my initial post. It was obviously just me messing about... 

On Ake... I do like him I must admit. He could play 3 different positions and at 40m is relatively cheap. I didn't realise he was only 180cm tall. 

Not sure what to expect this window. 

Not even sure what would be a good buy from the names being mentioned.

I don't get the Dembele one. What will he offer more than Batshuayi? I always thought he was pretty much just a poacher like Batshuayi and his record isn't that great either. Don't see how he'd lead the line in the Prem or what comparisons there are with Drogba. 

Not too keen on Zaha either. I wonder if Adama at a cheaper price might be a better option even though he's still relatively raw. 

LB for Alonso 

CB (Top class one) for Christensen

WG for Pedro 

ST For Giroud

I guess those are the positions that need filling. 

 
I'm surprised so many responded to my initial post. It was obviously just me messing about... 

On Ake... I do like him I must admit. He could play 3 different positions and at 40m is relatively cheap. I didn't realise he was only 180cm tall. 

Not sure what to expect this window. 

Not even sure what would be a good buy from the names being mentioned.

I don't get the Dembele one. What will he offer more than Batshuayi? I always thought he was pretty much just a poacher like Batshuayi and his record isn't that great either. Don't see how he'd lead the line in the Prem or what comparisons there are with Drogba. 

Not too keen on Zaha either. I wonder if Adama at a cheaper price might be a better option even though he's still relatively raw. 

LB for Alonso 

CB (Top class one) for Christensen

WG for Pedro 

ST For Giroud

I guess those are the positions that need filling. 
Must admit I didn't read your inital one... Ake fills a few holes for sure, but I don't think he is the investment needed in our backline.

I think we'd be wise to find a loaner and then actually do our buying in the summer. Rarely do we find good buys in January. Torres and Cuardrado come to mind immediately as disasters. 

For me our chief areas of concern are:

- Striker (given Michy and Giroud are not trusted. I wrote about Dembele in that thread. I think he is an improvement on Michy but not really a long team first team option)

- Winger (as you say for Pedro)

The rest we can probably muddle along with. The defensive ones are harder because I think most of the issue is systemic though I agree with a new CB and LB in the summer. I'd add proper competition for Kepa to the list also.

 
Rumours of Zaha again, please avoid that one... Just go all out and get one of the best, even if it means spending a 100 million on Sancho, I don't want to be spending 60 million on Zaha ffs. 

 
Timo Werner, Alex Telles and Isco would be my choice, doubt we need to go much over 100mil to get them either, if all of them wants to come.

 
Rumours of Zaha again, please avoid that one... Just go all out and get one of the best, even if it means spending a 100 million on Sancho, I don't want to be spending 60 million on Zaha ffs. 
Price is 80 not 60 we hear lol

 
Back
Top