Valentin Barco our Ginger Argentinian

When asked by a reporter about the booing every time he touched the ball Barco said ths:

“Honest to God? It felt like a Tuesday. I was getting screamed at by grown men in reserve matches back at Boca when I was 16. You think a crowd whistling at Stamford Bridge frightens me? Go play at La Bombonera when you misplace a pass—people are literally hanging off the iron fences, screaming in your face, ready to jump over. That is pressure. This over here? This is easy."

I'm liking this kid so far.

 
Fans keep forgetting the reason he is here now is because the club signed him to prevent him from going to Bayern. His metrics also stacks up well against Wharton & Scott.

View attachment 42421
Nice metrics but still need to see him play against Prem opponents

 
When asked by a reporter about the booing every time he touched the ball Barco said ths:

“Honest to God? It felt like a Tuesday. I was getting screamed at by grown men in reserve matches back at Boca when I was 16. You think a crowd whistling at Stamford Bridge frightens me? Go play at La Bombonera when you misplace a pass—people are literally hanging off the iron fences, screaming in your face, ready to jump over. That is pressure. This over here? This is easy."

I'm liking this kid so far.
Wait until we play Millwall away. See what he says then.

 
When asked by a reporter about the booing every time he touched the ball Barco said ths:

“Honest to God? It felt like a Tuesday. I was getting screamed at by grown men in reserve matches back at Boca when I was 16. You think a crowd whistling at Stamford Bridge frightens me? Go play at La Bombonera when you misplace a pass—people are literally hanging off the iron fences, screaming in your face, ready to jump over. That is pressure. This over here? This is easy."

I'm liking this kid so far.
I love it

But it's definitely a fictional quote 😂

 
Will see if it continues but if Malo gusto is continually picked ahead of you in your position it does not say much for you.

 
Even though we have half a fit midfielder available in the squad, Xabi Alonso spent too many years playing with John Arne Riise and Stevie Me to ever rate a ginger footballer. Understandable.

 
Will see if it continues but if Malo gusto is continually picked ahead of you in your position it does not say much for you.
Says even less for the muppet who thought it would be a good idea to sign him in the first place.

Not slagging off Barco as I've hardly seen him play. But like you say, if the manager thinks that playing Malo f**king Gusto in midfield is better than playing Barco there, then a head should roll in the recruiting department.

Of course, we know very well that nothing will happen in that regard.

 
Needs to play. Will get his chance midweek. Hopefully does enough to start holding a spot until others return.

 
34 million only gets you a seat on the subs bench! Must be what Alonso sees day to day.

Although I still don’t see what several different managers see in Gusto!

 
He looks a player. A very small player, but a very good player.

 
Really like what I'm seeing so far.

I feel like he's what we thought Enzo would be.

 
Needs to realise the game is much quicker in the Prem than what he's used to. Lost the ball a few times in his own half, think it was the Leeds 2nd goal that came from that? Happened a few times. I think with patience he'll be a very good player, just got the usual PL learning curve to deal with.

 
Getting caught in possession for that 2nd goal was pretty poor, really should have got rid much earlier, but overall did quite well. Lovely little drag back thingy as part of one of our goals shows hes not too shabby on the balll.

 
Owe the young man an apology.

I judged him purely on his nationality and lack of soul. I was wrong.

Such a huge upgrade on Enzo (Yes we still need to sign a CM or 2 but that was the case regardless)

Needs to improve upon his awareness under pressure but aside from that, his tenacity, his passing, his positional discipline were all top notch.

He not only got an absolute worldy assist, to land it perfectly on Welbecks head from such an angle is unheard of. But also chipped in with that much lauded ‘box crashing’ to score.

 
He didnt do himself any harm last night. Looks a useful player. I hope Alonso makes good use of him especially when we are without Caicedo.

 
Getting caught in possession for that 2nd goal was pretty poor, really should have got rid much earlier, but overall did quite well. Lovely little drag back thingy as part of one of our goals shows hes not too shabby on the balll.
Big mistake but love the way he responded, didn't hide and showed an impressive attitude/character/mentality in all he did.

Have to admit to being one of those that were really upset with Santos being sold, however although early days this guy seems as good as or even better from box to box perspective, do like his ability to spot a pass and his range of passing also.

Don't think his size will be a problem will give as good as he gets in that respect it seems and a little like Wisey in small but physical side of things possibly.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Back
Top