Van Aanholt to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Parker's Dogbite

New Signing
Messages
52
Reaction score
86
Well Leicester is the club being suggested but this isn't confirmed. But he's out on loan to someone - Neil Bath has confirmed it (according to chelseayouth on Twitter). very pleased that he's not part of the Luiz deal.

 
Okay, so we are losing Kakuta and PVA both the same day due to loan deals. I too am very happy neither of them are going to Benfica.

You have to believe there are bodies coming in somewhere. Or else we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

 
It´s time for Bertrand to show what he can do then. I´ve always thought he would be the next Ashley and he has done really well for Forest and Reading in recent years.

 
Well Leicester is the club being suggested but this isn't confirmed. But he's out on loan to someone - Neil Bath has confirmed it (according to chelseayouth on Twitter). very pleased that he's not part of the Luiz deal.
Don't take Twitters word for it, I heard Neil Bath (Chelsea Academy manager) say during half time of the reserves match v Arsenal that "Patrick was going on loan".

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that Van Aanholt is in talks relating to a loan move to Leicester and is apparently undergoing a medical at the Walkers Stadium. Perhaps someone could verify it.

If true it's a good move as I'd hate to see him go to Benfica.

 
I read somewhere that Van Aanholt is in talks relating to a loan move to Leicester and is apparently undergoing a medical at the Walkers Stadium. Perhaps someone could verify it.

If true it's a good move as I'd hate to see him go to Benfica.
Come on Randy, I expected better from you. Its not Leicester, its AND Leicester. :laugh2:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Leicester. Confirmed:

VAN AANHOLT TO LEICESTERChelsea Football Club can confirm that we have reached agreement with Leicester City for the loan of Patrick van Aanholt until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old left-back has played eight times for Chelsea, six times this season, and scored his first goal for the club against Newcastle United in the Carling Cup in September.

The Dutch Under 21 international enjoyed two loan spells last season, first with Coventry City where he made 20 appearances in a half-season deal, and a month with Newcastle, for whom he appeared seven times.

Leicester, managed by Sven Goran Eriksson, are currently 11th in the Championship, six points from the play-off places.
 
Great so PF can get more game time...
It's difficult to think of a more negative outlook.

Shame because it's so easy to be positive about this. Here's an obvious one:

"Great now Van Aanholt has the chance to get a good few months first team action under his belt."

 
I agree Hutch. But loaning PVA out means Paulo is going to play more ... which I dont really want to see.

Also when did loaning our youngsters to mediocre Championship sides ever did something good ?

 
I don't really see your logic here. Van Aanholt is a left back, a probably future successor to Ashley Cole.

Hmm.. how about JT to Forest?

 
I don't really see your logic here. Van Aanholt is a left back, a probably future successor to Ashley Cole.

Hmm.. how about JT to Forest?
My logic is that Carlo rates PF so highly that he even puts him at LB. With PVA gone odds are getting higher for Paulo at LB.

 
I was hoping he'd go to a Premiership side to be honest. The thing he lacks is defensive ability, and playing for a side fighting relegation he's going to learn that far quicker than playing for a side looking for promotion from the Championship. Just my opinion, of course, but still.

At least he'll get a fair few games, though. He did well at Newcastle by all accounts last season, so would be good for him to do it again.

 
Great now Van Aanholt has the chance to get a good few months first team action under his belt.

And lucky we still have Paulo for cover in case of an emergency.

 
Leicester assistant manager Derek Fazackerley told the club's official website: 'Patrick is another quality addition to our squad. He is a talented young footballer with good skill, natural pace and the required hunger and desire to do well in the game.'Although Ben Mee can play at left-back, Bruno Berner is our only specialist player in that position so this was an area we needed to add to.

'Patrick has impressed at Chelsea, Coventry and Newcastle and we are certain he will do likewise at the Walkers Stadium.'
Which means he should get plenty of game time.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top