Vintage very, very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Track Fan

New Signing
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi Pensioners. Just joined site once I sussed out my new tablet, Was not like this in the late 60's. Remembers being a kid and spilling out on the Dog Track , Chelsea v Man unt I think they would not start the game untill we all moved, but they changed there minds and we watched it from there. Anyway not sure if any supporters would be interested but I have a half pint glass scooner up for grabs it has the chelsea logo on one side and the other side f.a.cup 1969-1970 and e.c.w.cup.1971 its 44 years old and I have not seen any others anywhere I think its so rare because its glass and all the others are broken, its in a one condition I would send a picture but seeing as im lucky to have got this far I dont wanna push my luck, not techno at all, I thought of ebay but I would prefer a true pensioner to have it, anny offers.?

 
If you want a true pensioner to have it mate try your local Darby and Joan club. When was the last time we were referred to as The Pensioners the 50's?

 
A fortyfour years old tankard with the Cup Winners Cup on one side, i.e. made in 1970, would be a bit um... what's the word? Sorry you'll have to help me here.

Or was that the deliberate mistake?

 
The word you are looking for is, I think...anachronism!

 
That wasn't quite what I was thinking of, but being that time of day (whatever the hell that means) anachromism will do very nicely thankyou!

 
That wasn't quite what I was thinking of, but being that time of day (whatever the hell that means) anachromism will do very nicely thankyou!

anachronism = attributing something to a period in which it does not belong

It is often commonly used to mean that something is now old-fashioned i.e. not belonging in the present day.

 
BF, Moi, you've been on this site a lot longer then me do you get those sort of posts a lot?. I suppose you could call them the football equivalent of a Nigerian banking email. BF sussed the geyser out on both posts today. You can only presume that they think if you dangle the hook someone will bite.

 
anachronism = attributing something to a period in which it does not belong

It is often commonly used to mean that something is now old-fashioned i.e. not belonging in the present day.
You could say that the dictionary definition of the word is an anachronism in itself... I'm not saying you would, not you personally that is, just that you (generally) could.

(Normal service will be resumed sometime soon!)

 
BF, Moi, you've been on this site a lot longer then me do you get those sort of posts a lot?. I suppose you could call them the football equivalent of a Nigerian banking email. BF sussed the geyser out on both posts today. You can only presume that they think if you dangle the hook someone will bite.
.

Yes, and the best thing to do is to report them to the Mods, by clicking the report button underneath the avatar.

This is not a shop, and when people join only to try to flog something it is a bit annoying and also a bit worrying, because some gullible youngster could be cheated.

If an established member has something he would like to offer to genuine ShedEnders, that is quite different

 
You could say that the dictionary definition of the word is an anachronism in itself... I'm not saying you would, not you personally that is, just that you (generally) could.

(Normal service will be resumed sometime soon!)

You could say that I am an anachronism, BF!! 

 
Hi Pensioners. Just joined site once I sussed out my new tablet, Was not like this in the late 60's. Remembers being a kid and spilling out on the Dog Track , Chelsea v Man unt I think they would not start the game untill we all moved, but they changed there minds and we watched it from there. Anyway not sure if any supporters would be interested but I have a half pint glass scooner up for grabs it has the chelsea logo on one side and the other side f.a.cup 1969-1970 and e.c.w.cup.1971 its 44 years old and I have not seen any others anywhere I think its so rare because its glass and all the others are broken, its in a one condition I would send a picture but seeing as im lucky to have got this far I dont wanna push my luck, not techno at all, I thought of ebay but I would prefer a true pensioner to have it, anny offers.?
iv'e got an offer.f**k offer hahahaha

 
/monthly_09_2014/post-13023-0-77793200-1412027887_thumb.jpg/monthly_09_2014/post-13023-0-28528400-1412027917_thumb.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20140929_224418.jpg
    20140929_224418.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140929_224509.jpg
    20140929_224509.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Couple better pics.

/monthly_09_2014/post-13023-0-05968700-1412075870_thumb.jpg

/monthly_09_2014/post-13023-0-49087500-1412075900_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • 20140930_120851.jpg
    20140930_120851.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140930_121006.jpg
    20140930_121006.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
I got one of them, I have had it all my life vertually I would never get rid of it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top