Are Arsenal 4th by any chance?I mean normally I'd expect to be first favourites but after last season and only one major signing seems a bit optimistic. We are higher rated than Arsenal!
Yeah.It just shows what a difference signing 1 player makes. You only had to watch us last season though to realise that signing 1 player isn't going to suddenly put us up there as title contenders. I still think there is a lot wrong with our squad.
I think we are in desperate need for top quality CB and RB. I'm fine with Azpilicueta staying at LB, but we need someone else ahead of Ivanovic, we surely cannot go into the season with Ivanovic as our first choice RB again. Everybody could see how poor he was last season, even opposition fans who don't watch us that much. The only person who didn't see how poor Ivanovic was was Souness who had him in his team of the year.Yeah.
Currently the balance is all wrong IMO. Our back 4 is 2 players short of being solid while I'd still like another midfielder to come in as Mikel and Matic don't really fill me with confidence.
Hopefully we have a couple more big names to come in.
Watching Ola Aina makes me think we don't need to buy a full back.I think we are in desperate need for top quality CB and RB. I'm fine with Azpilicueta staying at LB, but we need someone else ahead of Ivanovic, we surely cannot go into the season with Ivanovic as our first choice RB again. Everybody could see how poor he was last season, even opposition fans who don't watch us that much. The only person who didn't see how poor Ivanovic was was Souness who had him in his team of the year.
Agree, it's time to give someone a chance to play regularly for us, and Aina looks the part, strong and fast and a decent reader of the game for his age. Shame Ake went on loan, with him and Aina we'd be pretty well covered.Watching Ola Aina makes me think we don't need to buy a full back.
352 a possibility with this squad?? CB is arguably our worst position, we barely have good enough cover for just the two places, never mind three.Third favourites, but we are three players short IMO. With an experienced CB, CM, and a true LB, sure. Without knowing our full squad for the season this is all pretty pointless, unless Sky know something we don't?
Currently I can only see a 352 or possibly a diamond 442 working with this squad, with top 4 the real target. Without Kante, I'd really be worried - what a difference one player makes eh.
We'd need some cover but Cahill, Zouma and Ivanovich could be a three with JT and Miazga stepping in where needed. But I agree it would be be hella risky.352 a possibility with this squad?? CB is arguably our worst position, we barely have good enough cover for just the two places, never mind three.