We made a bid for De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like De Rossi, but like you say, he is another Essien, and we really don't need one of them at the moment.

Great player though, no doubt,

 
I was on one of the liverpool forums and they wont stop saying that players dont want to come to us.
An activity to be avoided for the sake of your own mental health.

As for the rest - f**k 'em all.

 
Id rather get nobody than a spoiled 17m fullback that cant defend, and replace our best midfielder with a fascist-sympathizing sicknote.

Idiots

 
If DeRossi is a DM why would we buy him. Ballack extended his contract, Mikel just signed for additional 4(or5) yrs, we have Essien and we have Belletti.. wouldn't make much sense. This Matic guy we are about to sign(?) I somehow understand as he is young and seems very willing to come to us but proven team Italy star is different.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
why exactly is he getting on your nerves? what a ridiculous thing to put.
I'll tell you why exactly. Because we DO NOT NEED another defensive midfielder. And if he did bid for De Rossi its inconceivable.

 
I'll tell you why exactly. Because we DO NOT NEED another defensive midfielder. And if he did bid for De Rossi its inconceivable.
and do you have any evidence we have put a bid in? or are you just going of ridiculous newspaper reports and believeing it...

 
and do you have any evidence we have put a bid in? or are you just going of ridiculous newspaper reports and believeing it...
"I've personally had a call from Ancelotti to take the player to Chelsea. But Daniele is untouchable," Conti told Radio Radio. "The offer was of a lot of money, but it has been refused."
Here you have it. Now if this guy is lying then I'm not to be blamed for the reaction, am I?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here you have it. Now if this guy is lying then I'm not to be blamed for the reaction, am I?
until the club release a statement about who we have bid for and who we havent, i wouldnt believe any of it. i just dont understand your attitude. so far weve bought a young striker, a young keeper and a fairly young left winger/full back yet your pissed off at carlo because theres a rumour we might buy a defensive midfielder? sorry but thats ridiculous.

 
So you mean to say its wrong to believe the statement given by a club official saying that Carlo did make a bid - a big money offer, for one of his players, while our club have not gone ahead and dismissed officially. If it was some 'inside source from the club', I would never believe it, but its a club official in front of us all. Dont believe it if you dont want to, I will unless Chelsea football club releases an official statement that Conti was lying.

Sorry if you find my attitude ridiculous but I'll still hold on to my opinion. Signing three back up players over what we had last year does not fill me with confidence. Add to that Ancelotti's preferences in the transfer market...I dont know what to say.

 
How is an 18M pound player 'backup'?????

The other two, i can give you, but Zhirkov is quite clearly expected to be challenging for a starting spot alongside Florent. 2 good players for one position is exactly what good teams have, isn't it?

still want Aguero though...

 
I was keeping mum till now on Aguero business because I thought we're doing well in the transfer market not foolishly splashing cash and giving in to selling clubs' ridiculous demands just to get our targets. But turns out we're ready to spend BIG money on someone we dont need at all - another central f**king midfielder. Thats what makes my head spin.

 
I was keeping mum till now on Aguero business because I thought we're doing well in the transfer market not foolishly splashing cash and giving in to selling clubs' ridiculous demands just to get our targets. But turns out we're ready to spend BIG money on someone we dont need at all - another central f**king midfielder. Thats what makes my head spin.
firstly aguero isnt a central midfielder he plays as a 2nd striker.

secondly on one hand your saying we shuold go out and buy young players, then when we look we will you think were gonna spend too much on him. also, if you think clubs dont release statements that arent entirely based on fact (especially italian ones) then your living on a different planet.

thridly, we have added another striker, a left sided player and a keeper to a squad that won the fa cup, should have been in the european cup final and could easily have won it and lost the league mainly due to scolaris incompetence. we didnt really need to add much to it.

 
De Rossi...he's very similar to Essien, in fact there's nobody I can think of who's more similar. We have Ballack, Deco, Lampard, Essien and Mikel as our natural central midfielders - all fighting for 4 places (with Zhirkov, Malouda and Cole in the mix). That is a lot but honestly, almost having 2 Essiens in our midfield will have Utd and Liverpool cowering in the corner! I'd happily get rid of Mikel, Ballack, Deco or Malouda for De Rossi.

Considering Ancelotti won the Champions League with 8 central midfielders in his squad, I don't think we should be too adverse to the prospect of having another one of two!!

 
firstly aguero isnt a central midfielder he plays as a 2nd striker. secondly on one hand your saying we shuold go out and buy young players, then when we look we will you think were gonna spend too much on him. also, if you think clubs dont release statements that arent entirely based on fact (especially italian ones) then your living on a different planet.

thridly, we have added another striker, a left sided player and a keeper to a squad that won the fa cup, should have been in the european cup final and could easily have won it and lost the league mainly due to scolaris incompetence. we didnt really need to add much to it.
I think I have slightly miscommunicated here. I was referring to De Rossi as central midfielder. I'm all for buying Aguero since last season. He's the kind of player we need rather than another defensive midfielder.

I'm still saying we should buy young players, if at all we buy, and if we are going to spend a lot of money, it should be players like Aguero and not De Rossi.

I agree we have a good strong squad with a great character but sadly its all graft and little craft so to speak. We're extremely predictable and lack that little bit of quality up front.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top