Wearing other teams colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblueone

On the Bench
Messages
746
Reaction score
17
Bit of a possible sore subject, but I'm interested in hearing peoples views on the subject. People who wear the colours of another team.

I recently bumped into a friend I grew up with, who went to games with me and my brother and he was wearing a Crystal Palace home shirt. After asking what it was all about, he tells me that he is a Chelsea fan but also supports Palace, the team his wife supports.

I know people have the right to like whatever they want, but personally, I never understood how people can support two professional teams in the same country. Especially if they play in the same division.

I have always been a one club bloke and whilst I enjoy watching Bayern Munich every week on the Bundesliga roundup, I could never bring myself to wear another teams colours. Would feel a bit odd to me.

I especially couldn't wear another English clubs colours. To me, that would almost be like cheating Haha.

Its a bit of a unique debate and I am sure there are some valid points either way. Would be nice to see some views on this.

 
Been a Chelsea fan since 94' but one sickening day at a training camp i was forced to wear an Arsenal shirt, I was only 6 so you can forgive me for that. Safe to say, the worlds longest shower took place after that!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha sod that. I think I'd wear out an entire bar of soap after such an experience. Understandable though if it was the only option. Did you turn it inside out? :P

 
I thought you mean like wearing a red t-shirt it something cause I have no problem with that.

Wearing another teams shirt is sacrilege in my opinion but its fine to wear a foreign teams shirt.

 
As long as it's not a rival I don't really care, I like kits from teams around the world and am more likely to wear somehing obscure than a chelsea kit (I just find them a complete rip off).  As for another Premier league team, absolutely not, never, no way.

I'm different to Bobbywoodhogan as well in that no-one in my house ever wears red, it's the colour that no-one will be if we're playing a board game or anything like that.  Everyone understands that red represents evil.

 
Used to have Inter, Juventus and Milan shirts when I was a kid, but that all had to stop, especially that first season we got into the Champions League.

Wouldn't dream of wearing another teams colors now.

 
The other other footy tops I have are the Northern Ireland top and a Colombia top!

 
I have an assortment of Football shirts I wear generally to training during the week in addition to my Chelsea shirts. Croatia, Dortmund, Juventus, etc.

I just buy ones I like the look of.

 
None of my clothes have red in them. I never wore a different teams Jersey

 
Other teams shirts no, but there was a time when the game at away matches was to "acquire" an opposition fans scarf. I had a draw full of them, with  stories to match. A few examples:

I wore a Sunderland scarf to the Leeds v Sunderland Cup Final: spent the first half in the Leeds end, lucky to get out alive) but was with the Macams for the second half. Wolves v Man City I went home with two scarves, one from each set of fans, acquired on the underground.

I acquired a West Ham scarf on the way to Waterloo, which was subsequently lifted from me by a mob of Tottenham, I got hold of a Norwich scarf one year on the way out of the station. Wore it all day, standing with our mob. After the match, back at the station sitting with Babs & co, a female Norwich fan asked if I came all the way from London to support Norwich. I had great fun stringing her along, but on the same day, things turned sour and I ended up getting a hiding from this huge fat old bill. That too is another story.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Never have, one of my friends is Kopite yet has a Beckham PSG shirt, Owen Madrid shirt and a Messi one. Do not get it.

 
I must admit, I only have one red t shirt (a Jackass shirt an ex bought for me as a birthday present). Never been a fan of the colour (maybe a subconscious thing?) but yeah, I have never worn any other team shirts, except for England, which doesn't count. Though I haven't owned an England top for years. Outgrew the classic ones I used to have from the Euro 96 and world cup 1994 and 1998 eras. Not liked any of the England shirts they've released since. They look awful, especially the current ones. Look plain and like a standard polo shirt, and at 50 quid upwards, I won't be buying.

Seven Times, you are correct, that shirt was a beauty. I loved that one. I still remember queuing up outside the local sports shop on release day waiting to get that one.

There are other team shirts I like the look of, but just couldn't bring myself to wear them. Wouldn't want to be mistaken for a fan of any other team.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Real Oviedo tracksuit top, but I do own shares in the club. 

 
Yeah I have acquired a lot of classic shirts from Africa. I have absolutely no problem going to play a game in my 86 Man United shirt or any other ones of my shirts. Nobody can tell me I am not a Chelsea fan because I have another teams shirt on and if they did, I couldn't give a monkeys what they think.

I completely understand why people wouldn't want to wear one though.

 
Just to make sure people understand my point of view, I'm not saying that wearing other shirts affects your ability to Be a Chelsea fan, but on a personal level, its just not something I understand is all.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
There is a photo of me somewhere in my house wearing an Andy Cole shirt :ohmy:

I was only six so i never thought about football like i do now, this is what happens when you live in a family of Man United supportes. If i ever find that photo it's going up in flames :biggrin:

I could never wear a shirt of another team, i wouldn't feel right in it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top