What happened to Boro in 97?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike O

On the Bench
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
I was listening to Five Live the other day, probably the Chelsea / Boro bore fest, and Craig Hignett was co-commentating.

At one particularly dull point in the match, he was asked about his memories of the 97 cup final and said words to the effect of....

'That day will live with me forever....we went through things before the match which no-one could possibly believe...the most bizarre day of my life....shocking'.

I remember hearing at the time that the Boro team had had a major bust-up on the coach down to Wembley. I also heard that it was sparked by one player boasting that he'd had the girlfriends / wives of his team-mates (I'm not naming names).

11 years on, has anyone got the definitive account of what happend to the Boro boys on the 4th greatest day of my life?

Mike

 
Never heard that - now I want to know.

Also want to know what your top three greatest days are Mike. (I'm guessing you're gonna go all slushy on us with weddings and kids being born etc) but I'm hoping for tales of the day you bedded Racqel Welsh!!!

 
wasnt their something to do wih ravanelli? cant remember exactly what.

 
Not heard this story before. Hope someone can give us some details!

 
yeah this kind of rings a bell, like dkw im sure it was something to do with Ravanelli

 
I remember there was talk of a bust-up between Ravanelli and Neil Cox outside their Hotel on the morning of the game. Apparantly, Neil Cox's Wembley suit was ripped and sported plenty of grass stains.

 
that was it, him and neil cox had a fall out.
clap2.gif


 
Di Matteo is what happened

[youtube:1mme9icu]

[/youtube:1mme9icu]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top