What's your Chelsea team of the decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManlikeMjay

In the Ressies
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
2002-2012

Cech

Ferreira Carvalho Terry Cole

Ramires Lampard Makele

Robben Drogba Zola

Off the top of my head

 
021112032635.png


Zola just misses out for me. Mata may have been here for only one season but i think he is the most gifted footballer we have ever had at the club so for me he had to be in their. Even though Gallas is a dick now he was a great player for us so that's why i added him.

If we could have a bench it would look like this

Cudicini, Ivanovic, Essien, Ramires, Gudjohnson, Duff, Zola.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
021112032635.png


Zola just misses out for me. Mata may have been here for only one season but i think he is the most gifted footballer we have ever had at the club so for me he had to be in their. Even though Gallas is a dick now he was a great player for us so that's why i added him.

If we could have a bench it would look like this

Cudicini, Ivanovic, Essien, Ramires, Gudjohnson, Duff, Zola.
Gallas however did play LB

 
Cech

Ivan Terry Carvalho Cole

Robben Makelele Lampard Gudjohnsen

Zola

Drogba

 
021112032635.png


Zola just misses out for me. Mata may have been here for only one season but i think he is the most gifted footballer we have ever had at the club so for me he had to be in their. Even though Gallas is a dick now he was a great player for us so that's why i added him.

If we could have a bench it would look like this

Cudicini, Ivanovic, Essien, Ramires, Gudjohnson, Duff, Zola.
What crack have you been smoking? J. Cole made it, but not Zola?

 
What crack have you been smoking? J. Cole made it, but not Zola?
It's in the last decade so yeah, in the last decade Zola only played 1 season and in the last decade Joe Cole has offered us far more than Zola. If it was an all time team then Zola would be in. If you looked at it more closely you would have realised that.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Carvalho

Cole

Makelele

Lampard

Mata

J Cole

Drogba

Robben

**Getting ready to add Hazard and Oscar soon

 
Ooh tough one I might change my mind later but

Cech

A Cole

Terry

Carvalho

Gallas (I know he was a CB who mostly played right back but he has to be in the defence even if he is a grade A Cnut)

Maka

Lampard

Gudjohnsen

Drogba

Zola

Not really an ideal team for a formation but that's my best 11

 
GK: CECH

LB: COLE

CB: TERRY

CB: GALLAS

RB: IVAN

LM: MATA

CM: MAKALELE

CM: LAMPARD

RM: ROBBEN

FW: JIMMY FLOYD HASSLEBAINK

FW: DROGBA

 
Last edited:
Ooh tough one I might change my mind later but

Cech

A Cole

Terry

Carvalho

Gallas (I know he was a CB who mostly played right back but he has to be in the defence even if he is a grade A Cnut)

Maka

Lampard

Gudjohnsen

Drogba

Zola

Not really an ideal team for a formation but that's my best 11
You mean your best 10 lol. I would have the same team as you only with Ferreira in for gallas and Essien in for the 11th.

Regardless of Zola not having played that much in the last decade, any opportunity to put him in a past starting line up is an opportunity I would snatch. He was just that good.

 
No matter how well gallas played for us any chelsea player that threatened to score an own goal if he played for us again does not warrant a place in any team of the decade. I try to be objective with this list but that is more than enough to have him ruled out. On top of that I think we have had better players in our back four over the last decade.

I quite like the look of Tommy26's team ^^ potentially the only difference being robben over mata although in a years time if we are doing a team of the decade for 03-2013 I have no doubt Mata will be in there.

Also I hate to judge and technically I know there are no right and wrong posts here but anyone who does not have Essien in their team is wrong and you have failed the thread

 
I wouldnt put Gudjohnsen in that team. He was a hero of mine when he played for us BUT is isnt good enough to be in the best team over the last 10 years.

 
Cech

A.Cole

Terry

Carvalho

Ferreira

Lampard

Makelele

Essien

Zola

Drogba

Cole

 
I do not class Zola to be in this period you are talking about - Saying that, if he is not in your Chelsea team of all time guys you are on another planet !

Cech

Ivanovic

Carvalho

Terry

A.Cole

Makelele

Lampard

Essien

Mata

Drogba

Robben

 
Tough one here , but my initial thought was

Cech

Paulo

Terry

Carvalho

Ashley

Maka

Lamps

Essien

JFH

Zola

Drogba

The more I look at that team , the more I like it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top