Where will we finish in the league 25/26?

Pick your position


  • Total voters
    50
Both have played 5 games and we are still a point ahead of City.

We can turn it around though does not look likley at the moment too many holes in the team due to injuries.

I'll reconsider in a month.

 
Both have played 5 games and we are still a point ahead of City.

We can turn it around though does not look likley at the moment too many holes in the team due to injuries.

I'll reconsider in a month.
We have injuries, but so does almost every other team, yet we seem to be struggling more than anybody. I just don't accept that as excuse right now. With the amount of money spent, we should have plenty of cover and still perform at a better standard. I don't see Sunderland making excuses.

 
We are currently sitting 2 points off where we were at the same point last season.

Our first 5 fixtures last season were:

Man City (H) - Lost 0-2

Wolves (A) - Won 2-6

Crystal Palace (H) - Draw 1-1

Bournemouth (A) - Won 0-1

West Ham (A) - Won 0-3

You could argue that we should have done better vs Brentford away. However, Man Utd is always a bad place for us to visit, regardless of the players or coach. I'd argue that Fulham is a harder fixture than Wolves, so we are pretty much in a similar place as we were last season.

Our next 5 fixtures are Brighton (H), Liverpool (H), Forest (A), Sunderland (H), Tottenham (A).

We will have an idea of where our season is heading after the Tottenham game. To be honest, if we put up a good performance vs Liverpool and either beat them or get a draw, that'll be a positive. On paper we should be beating Brighton, Forest and Sunderland, but Tottenham away will be different this season due to Frank being in charge. They won't be making the same mistakes as they did last season against us at their place, so I expect a tougher game this season.

 
We are currently sitting 2 points off where we were at the same point last season.

Our first 5 fixtures last season were:

Man City (H) - Lost 0-2

Wolves (A) - Won 2-6

Crystal Palace (H) - Draw 1-1

Bournemouth (A) - Won 0-1

West Ham (A) - Won 0-3

You could argue that we should have done better vs Brentford away. However, Man Utd is always a bad place for us to visit, regardless of the players or coach. I'd argue that Fulham is a harder fixture than Wolves, so we are pretty much in a similar place as we were last season.

Our next 5 fixtures are Brighton (H), Liverpool (H), Forest (A), Sunderland (H), Tottenham (A).

We will have an idea of where our season is heading after the Tottenham game. To be honest, if we put up a good performance vs Liverpool and either beat them or get a draw, that'll be a positive. On paper we should be beating Brighton, Forest and Sunderland, but Tottenham away will be different this season due to Frank being in charge. They won't be making the same mistakes as they did last season against us at their place, so I expect a tougher game this season.
Next 5 should be 12 points then, but probably more likely we get 5 or less

 
We have injuries, but so does almost every other team, yet we seem to be struggling more than anybody. I just don't accept that as excuse right now. With the amount of money spent, we should have plenty of cover and still perform at a better standard. I don't see Sunderland making excuses.
I'm not making excuses just commenting on where we are, only top class and previously fit CB is injured.

Enzo is not a midfiled player in a midfield two, is there political interference?

Lots of new forward players without a pre-season.

I think we will come good by Spring yet by then we could be out of several competitions though we might take a cup somewhere along the line.

 
There’s a series of polls on BBC Sport Football and the first question is Who do you think will win the Premier League? And someone must have been having a laugh because they’ve included us and Man Utd as options.

Villa aren’t out of it, but nobody seriously thinks it’s not either City or Arsenal, surely?

I think we will end up anywhere between 4th and 7th. As bad as we are, United right behind us can’t beat Wolves, so we’re enjoying holding onto fourth whilst dropping points left right and centre as so does everyone else. A great battle of ineptitude!!

 
I think we'll scrape Champions League qualification by the skin of our teeth (i.e. 5th), possibly with a record low points total for 5th place, and definitely <60 points.

 
I think we'll scrape Champions League qualification by the skin of our teeth (i.e. 5th), possibly with a record low points total for 5th place, and definitely <60 points.
Have to agree, our season will be ‘saved’ by the fact the Premier League is probably in its poorest/weakest iteration since the late 90’s currently.

 
Have to agree, our season will be ‘saved’ by the fact the Premier League is probably in its poorest/weakest iteration since the late 90’s currently.
I think that applies to football in general to be honest. It's seriously lacking superstar players. So many players just seem to be variations of the same thing.

 
Why isn’t there a HAHAHA option? We’ll be lucky to get Europa League. But that’s fine if it helps getting rid of the present owners.

 
Why isn’t there a HAHAHA option? We’ll be lucky to get Europa League. But that’s fine if it helps getting rid of the present owners.
The owners won't walk even if we get relegated.

 
  • Sad
Reactions: RMH
I think that applies to football in general to be honest. It's seriously lacking superstar players. So many players just seem to be variations of the same thing.
Does make me think that the intense reliance of data and the kind of extreme sports fitness thing for players and the analytics around tactics etc has nearly destroyed the artistic skills and spontaneity in football. It feels like you could almost run a season in a supercomputer and get the results without anyone needing to actually kick a ball. The only variables left in football feel like the officiating and our centre backs ability to f**k up the unf**kupable.

 
How is everybody doing so far? I may have been a tad too optimistic with 4th, but the majority of voters may have been deluded even more optimistic 😃

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How is everybody doing so far? I may have been a tad too optimistic with 4th, but the majority of voters may have been deluded even more optimistic 😃
I voted for lower than 8th at the start of the year and unfortunately that is starting to look possible.

 
As long as it’s not the conference spot I’ve kind of stopped caring.

 
Bump and some kudos to Forbzy, Deino, JPH and Caps_Lock_King who were the 4 posters who called it correctly that we'd finish lower than 8th.

The rest of us had our initial optimism suitably crushed LOL.

 
Bump and some kudos to Forbzy, Deino, JPH and Caps_Lock_King who were the 4 posters who called it correctly that we'd finish lower than 8th.

The rest of us had our initial optimism suitably crushed LOL.
Next season we battle relegation.

 
Back
Top