Which player is going to be KEY for us this season?

Who do you think will be our key player this season?


  • Total voters
    61
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMaher94

First Team Regular
Messages
2,939
Reaction score
730
Due to our recent signings and outgoings and all our activity in the transfer market, we seem to be changing the way we play instead of using the long ball tactic which has flourished since we've been using it. However, new signings of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin show that we could be changing our style of play.

Admittedly, there are going to be a few key players this year in which if they perform to a high level, we may see us mount a serious title bid however if one player was too perform greater than others, who would have the greatest impact?

My personal opinion is Fernando Torres, the excuses i'm afraid have come to an end this season for Nando. The last 18 months have been tough for him but I don't think all down to his poor performances as we do not play to his strengths, the tactic used for Drogba instead. We began to see a glimpse of the real Torres towards the end of the season under Di Matteo and can see a strong link between him and Mata however with players such as Oscar and Eden Hazard also supplying him, I think he could have a top season. On the flip side, all excuses are out of the window therefore he has to step up this season!

Who do you think could be a key player this year for us to mount a title bid and finishing high up in the league?

Being that Meireles, Ferriera, Benayoun, Lukaku(loan) and Malouda may all leave is the reason they're not on the list.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It simply has to be Torres, if he hits his straps then we will do very well (hopefully) if not then we may still struggle to an extent. Its fairly obvious the signings so far have all been about getting the best out of Torres, build our attack around him.

 
It simply has to be Torres, if he hits his straps then we will do very well (hopefully) if not then we may still struggle to an extent. Its fairly obvious the signings so far have all been about getting the best out of Torres, build our attack around him.
Very true, I also think Oscar may have a part to play depending where we position him. I'd like to see him part of the double pivot along with Mikel or Lamps as I think he could add speed to the attack with his range of passing which I think builds too slowly from the back.

 
I think Torres is going to be key for us this season, simply because if he doesn't start banging them in on a regular basis then I can't see us scoring enough to challenge for the league. Its all well and good buying a lifetime supply of creative midfielders, but if your striker can't hit a barn door with a banjo, then your not going to have a good time.

 
Petr Cech....he could have a lot to do

Edit: I should point out that I said that to offer something different. It's quite clear if we don't sign another striker, Torres is the most important as the only top striker on our books.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Torres . He must start scoring this season , we need him back at his best so we can challenge for the prem.

 
It may sound ott and unfair on the bloke, but I honestly think our season hinges on torres. If he clicks with the new boys, scores a few early on and regains his swagger, then I think it could be a fun couple of years. If he doesn't deliver... well, we no longer have drogba to drag us to something special like last season.

 
I think Mata will have another great season.

 
Given how light we are up top then Torres has to be key for us this season.

He looked good at the Euros and was dangerous towards the end of the season so hopefully he will start the season as he finished it.

I have a feeling Hazard is going to be very important this season, in a similair way that Mata was last season.

 
Voted for Frank, but could have been Terry and Cech as well. It's going to be massively important that these leader figures stand out now that Drogba is gone.

 
Torres of course! If he carries on his form from at the end of last season and euros we could push the manchester teams all the way.

 
Hazard will be our best player next season I suspect.
But that is an answer to a different question all together. Our best player wont necessarily be our "key" player.

 
Key player is Mata, was last season ans will be this season, we really missed him in pre season, we never really create chances without him.

 
Your best player is generally quite key, I would suggest.

The key player for me is probably Terry, but then again it could be Rambo, or ..

No, I'm going to stick with Hazard.

 
Your best player is generally quite key, I would suggest.
Not really, Makalele was always a key player but not really our best player at the time. Depends on how you define best player I suppose.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top