Who is our new Talisman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyTea

First Team Squad
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
27
What makes a definition of a talisman in football? For years that person was Drogba, much maligned throughout his career he was also one to be known to come through in the big game, generally in cup finals and against the Arse. But now he has left, which brings up the new question who's next? Clearly one of Hazard, Oscar, or Mata seems to be the most likely. But the way Mata has been playing both last year and this year makes me question if he is "the one". Certainly I think the sample base is too small to quite crown him yet, but he certainly seems to be the player most likely to consistently be the thorn in our opponents side. But he is magical enough to declare him so? Or is he more of a consistent provider? Or is it someone else yet?

 
Mata is unquestionably, at this point in time, our best player.

Whether that makes him our talisman or not is another issue.

But if you don't love him, you're not a Chelsea fan.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Falcao would score a bagillion goals and be our talisman with our magical widgets feeding him.

Just saying.

 
It'll be Haz in time.

Mata/Iniesta and Hazard/Messi.
Does this make Oscar our Xavi? Personally, I think Oscar will be the one most spoken about in a decade. He's already stated he wants to be a Chelsea legend. I hope I am wrong but I can't see Hazard staying on with Chelsea for a decade plus. Think he may look for another challenge in a few years. Mata may want to return to Spain later in his career as well. Oscar seems set in his mind to stay and maybe Ramires, Pizarro, and Luiz will assist in that. Heck, the way they are all playing it wouldn't surprise me to see Neymar wanting to join the Club. With the excitement and style of play the squad is beginning to show what creative prodigy wouldn't want to be here? And we still have the potential of Feruz, and this young Charlie kid as well?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mata is definitely the man at the moment when he's on it Chelsea are on it as yesterday's performance showed.

It's funny a Liverpool fan I know at work said he doesn't think Mata is anything special and he doesn't get what he does. I was just like uh? Ok then lol

 
Mata is definitely the man at the moment when he's on it Chelsea are on it as yesterday's performance showed.

It's funny a Liverpool fan I know at work said he doesn't think Mata is anything special and he doesn't get what he does. I was just like uh? Ok then lol
Typical Liverpool fan. Braindead. Can't wait until they get relegated this season.

 
Mata is definitely the man at the moment when he's on it Chelsea are on it as yesterday's performance showed.

It's funny a Liverpool fan I know at work said he doesn't think Mata is anything special and he doesn't get what he does. I was just like uh? Ok then lol
Was this before or after he was extolling the virtues of Downing, Henderson or Borini as 'the next big things'

 
Typical Liverpool fan. Braindead. Can't wait until they get relegated this season.
I don't think they will but I'd love it if they did, infact perfect season would be us lifting the Premiership trophy and Liverpool getting relegated.

 
Does this make Oscar our Xavi? Personally, I think Oscar will be the one most spoken about in a decade. He's already stated he wants to be a Chelsea legend. I hope I am wrong but I can't see Hazard staying on with Chelsea for a decade plus. Think he may look for another challenge in a few years. Mata may want to return to Spain later in his career as well. Oscar seems set in his mind to stay and maybe Ramires, Pizarro, and Luiz will assist in that. Heck, the way they are all playing it wouldn't surprise me to see Neymar wanting to join the Club. With the excitement and style of play the squad is beginning to show what creative prodigy wouldn't want to be here? And we still have the potential of Feruz, and this young Charlie kid as well?
I can see that with Hazard. I think he'll turn out great, he has the potential to be up there with the best. But maybe in 5 or 6 years go to Spain and play for Barca or Real, he'll certainly be good enough for them. Robben did the same thing, and that's something I think he'll do.

Mata though, I dunno. I feel he'll be happy to stay with us for a very long time. He seems like such a good guy and seems very happy all the time. He's already played in Spain so won't need much of a new challenge, he may return when he's old but don't see him moving anywhere else.

I hope Oscar does stay. If we carry on playing him he'll improve so much as he's still young and getting used to the Premier League. As for our talisman its probably Mata at the moment, as he's our main outlet in midfield and he's our primary playmaker.

 
I can see that with Hazard. I think he'll turn out great, he has the potential to be up there with the best. But maybe in 5 or 6 years go to Spain and play for Barca or Real, he'll certainly be good enough for them. Robben did the same thing, and that's something I think he'll do.

Mata though, I dunno. I feel he'll be happy to stay with us for a very long time. He seems like such a good guy and seems very happy all the time. He's already played in Spain so won't need much of a new challenge, he may return when he's old but don't see him moving anywhere else.

I hope Oscar does stay. If we carry on playing him he'll improve so much as he's still young and getting used to the Premier League. As for our talisman its probably Mata at the moment, as he's our main outlet in midfield and he's our primary playmaker.
I agree can see Hazard in Spain in about 5 or 6 years but we should make a profit on him.

Mata though I think we'll stay here for a very long time and probably go back to Spain when he's in his 30s.

Oscar I'm not sure about but he looks the business.

 
I agree can see Hazard in Spain in about 5 or 6 years but we should make a profit on him.

Mata though I think we'll stay here for a very long time and probably go back to Spain when he's in his 30s.

Oscar I'm not sure about but he looks the business.
Not necessarily, we have all the players in place to begin a dynasty. Some of the most outrageously gifted young footballers on the planet. If this leads to vast amounts of silverware why would he want to go anywhere??

 
We don't have one. We have goals from all over the park. Full-backs chip in, as can Cahill, terrys on 49 goals and Luiz can every so often tap in a FK. You have options from Ramires and lamps. No need to mention further forward all are very gifted, and can created and finish 'when they want'. Theres no stand out player, who is going to score those goals, and for me, thats not a bad thing at all. Nightmare for defenders.

 
the matador is definitely the one. everybody says he's a briliant footballing nice guy but i can remember very clearly how he gave yaya 'barca bench lover' toure some of the rough stuff which surprised me somewhat given he has no form which i can remember. christ! toure is about 6'6' and mata is 5'5'!

 
Does this make Oscar our Xavi? Personally, I think Oscar will be the one most spoken about in a decade. He's already stated he wants to be a Chelsea legend. I hope I am wrong but I can't see Hazard staying on with Chelsea for a decade plus. Think he may look for another challenge in a few years. Mata may want to return to Spain later in his career as well. Oscar seems set in his mind to stay and maybe Ramires, Pizarro, and Luiz will assist in that. Heck, the way they are all playing it wouldn't surprise me to see Neymar wanting to join the Club. With the excitement and style of play the squad is beginning to show what creative prodigy wouldn't want to be here? And we still have the potential of Feruz, and this young Charlie kid as well?
Not sure why Pizarro would help....He never got much of a chance here and left us ages ago.

Piazon might have a word though ! :biggrin:

 
To me Mata seems to be making bigger and bigger cases for it. Scoring in all the big games really lifts him to to the talismanic level already

 
Undoubtedly Mata. If he's fit, he will score 20+ goals this season. He's the one calling the shots right now and will be for the next 7-10 years. I know yesterday was painful to talk about, but as soon as Mata went off, I knew we would lose. Even with 9 men on the filed, he could still provide the much needed outlet to help our defence. As long as he's fit and we don't over play him ( like this Wednesday), he will take us to places this season.

 
He's so good, he's a genius, - they all are (Hazard, Mata, Oscar), but we've become accustomed to him more obviously as he's been here longer, but yep, at the moment it's Mata, him & Mikel led like heroes yesterday, made me incredibly happy when we showed the mark of Champions to not only come back to 2-2, but do it in absolutely dominate fashion, lead by those two & Hazard.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top