Have we been linked with any wingers? I wouldn't mind having Malouda on the LW for one more season, but Anelka is a different story.
As for the defenders, I think Ivanovic should be our permanent RB and with alex injured and JT aging I think that having various other options at CB would be good for us.
Linked with that Belgium lad (in this section of the site), but no idea what he is like to be honest.
Ivan seems unhappy at playing right back, which surprises me (because he is prob the 2nd best right back in the world, behind Maicon). He is definatly not the 2nd best centre back in the world.
I think our whole front 3 have be awful lately. Drogba, partly has an excuse, because if he really did have malaria, it takes months to recover. I find it hard to accept that someone so important to our club, who goes to Africa, doesn't have the correct jabs to prevent this. But then our medical team seem to have had a season much like our current form. Also bewildered that Essien can have a charity event set up, days after getting a red card? No reasonable explanation for that, and since that game he has been shocking.
Going foward, I think we need to look at a foward line without any of our front 3, and perhaps Sturridge or Kakuta. A striker is a must sign in jan or the summer (depending on the clubs expectations for this season).
Lampard cant go on for ever, but hopefully Josh can step up in time for that. I think we still need reinforcements there. A versatile defender like Luiz would be good also. No one, accept perhaps JT & Cech has done anything of late to be considered indispensable to be consider a sure starter. So worrying that we have too many players seems a bit much, considering we have too little at the moment.