Who would you pick and how would you play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn - who would want to have the team after Tim's?! Nevertheless, Ethical has got it about right for me, with maybe Paulo instead of Belletti (Loz's comment has merit). Up front, Drogba and Anelka have to play together on a need to know basis before the CL, if for no other reason.

 
Give me a full back who defends first and foremost any day - Belletti getting forward 20 times is negated entirely by just one of his mad 3 seconds when he either says 'go one son have the ball' to the opposition's winger or he decides that his right back berth seems crowded so totally deserts it!!
I agree Ferreira defends more than Belletti, but over the last couple of years he hasn't been very good at it. Some of his defensive headers have been laughable, or at least they would have been if he'd been playing for someone else. I know I criticise Paulo a fair bit, but I actually like the guy - I just wish he'd find the form he had when he first arrived at Chelsea.

I only picked Belletti because of Ferreira's form - I'm still totally in the dark as to the potential of Ivanovic
317.gif


Oh and why we are ont he topic of surprises how about the one where you pick a 4-4-2 with a flat 4 across the middle
icon_wink.gif
Well, the 4-3-3 has looked totally sh*t over the last couple of years - mainly because it's not really a 4-3-3, it's a tarted up 4-5-1. It's brought about our really boring style of play, I f*ckin' hate it! And I've never liked the so-called 'diamond' formation either - I like to see a pair of wingers running at and terrorising opposition defences. We just need to find a couple, that's all...
icon_lol.gif


And what's the point of having a pair of strikers like Drogba & Anelka if only one of them is picked? Unless of course they're drafted in to bring their expertise to the left-wing
icon_rolleyes.gif


Same thing applied under Mourinho of course, he persisted in playing just the one up front and proceeded to send the entire stadium to sleep within ten minutes of kick-off.

And it's not really a flat 4 across the middle - more like Mikel holding, Ballack playing more attacking, with the wingers steaming forward at every opportunity. If either winger was to ever stray into his own half I'd have him shot during the after match interview
icon_lol.gif


 
(Loz's comment has merit)
A comment from Loz has merit? Ye gods man, hold the front page! Somebody get Fleet Street on the phone, stat!

 
Management team: S. Clarke/B. RodgersCech

Mannciene Hutchinson Terry van Aanholt

Bridcut

Mikel Woods

Sinclar Sahar J Cole

Bench: Taylor, Worley, Ivanovic, Smith, Stoch

Sell: Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Essien, Sheva, SWP, Malouda, Belletti, Alex, Sidewell, ArseCole, Ferriera, Carvalho, Makelele, Pizzario, Anelka, Kenyon, Buck, Ten Carte, Grant, - give the money to Roman and tell him to go buy a Russian club to play with.

"Bring back the real Chelsea campaign" even if it means playing in the Championship!
Great post Tim

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top