Chelsea FC Champions
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,357
- Reaction score
- 0
rather then buying anelka,Berbatov or Ronaldinho....why wont we buy Benzema,Kompany or a FUTURE STAR!!!they wont cause much and we wont have to waste our money!!!
I understand your sentiments, but the other side is that we needed someone who can come straight into a (top) Premiership team and start scoring immediately, with no settling in period, and ideally is available to play in the Champions League. Personally I'd have thought that Berbatov would have suited our style better, but then again he'd have cost ÂŁ30M.Posted this the other day:Now Avi has been given a transfer budget in January and we desperately need to strenghten our forward-line, where is the unearthed gem he has had his eye on for a couple of years. Which players career has he been tracking with interest in the hope he could one day sign him. What players caught his eye a few years ago that Grant wanted to manage and nurture their ability. I give you world football and premiership journey man Nicholas Anelka. Now don't get me wrong I think it's a sensible transfer, but it's hardly your uncut diamond is it?
Avi's got 30 years experience doncha know![]()
in comparison with who? Jose, oh you mean drogba, who he wanted to sighn for porto, well not so hidden because apparently wenger wanted him first... every manager will claim they saw a player before he was big new's easiest thing in the world to do, who's going to say different.Posted this the other day:Now Avi has been given a transfer budget in January and we desperately need to strenghten our forward-line, where is the unearthed gem he has had his eye on for a couple of years. Which players career has he been tracking with interest in the hope he could one day sign him. What players caught his eye a few years ago that Grant wanted to manage and nurture their ability. I give you world football and premiership journey man Nicholas Anelka. Now don't get me wrong I think it's a sensible transfer, but it's hardly your uncut diamond is it?
Avi's got 30 years experience doncha know![]()
Holy smoke - can you imagine the abuse Grant would have got if two years it transpired he was keeping an eye out for potential players for the club. We would have had 'He should keep his nose out of Jose's business' and 'He's just Roman's mate, he would do well to remember that'where is the unearthed gem he has had his eye on for a couple of years.
No, I did not expect that we would have beat Milan to his signature, nor do I consider our losing out to Milan to be a failure on our part. Despite our relative success and our growing status, as well as our location, we are not yet the most attractive prospect to the best young players out there. That will take more time.A little surprised that you would have expected us to sign Pato ahead of Milan.