Will Maresca Ball bore us to tears?

Back to boring Sarri Ball?

  • Yes

    Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

    Votes: 6 18.8%

  • Total voters
    32
As mentioned in another thread our players thus far have looked in a state of confusion and frustration with the current tactics. Hopefully this is just a learning process.

If we win then I'll be happy. Boredom won't really come into it.

 
I don't think that is the case. If you understand football, you know that player is far more important than manager. 
I can't find the quote anywhere but I'm pretty sure Wenger used to say that the biggest impact a coach can have is he can make good players look bad.

That's my fear at the moment. I think on paper we've a strong squad, I worry that we're going to see them struggle as a result of the patterns/circuits they'll be asked to play.

 
I've made it no secret I was happy with Poch, so maybe I'm still holding onto some disappointment at his departure when I assess Maresca. Personally though I'm finding it hard to get excited about a coach that sees Reece tucking into CM as the best use of one of the best fullbacks on the planet.

 
I'll give it the rest of preseason for Maresca to show why its a good idea to have James/Gusto in midfield. 

So far it looks completely redundant. Especially when one long pass completely rattles our backline and in attack we have no overlapping/underlapping players to help the wingers. 

 ​

 ​
 
I'll give it the rest of preseason for Maresca to show why its a good idea to have James/Gusto in midfield. 

So far it looks completely redundant. Especially when one long pass completely rattles our backline and in attack we have no overlapping/underlapping players to help the wingers. 

 ​

 ​
The 3-2-4-1 only works with 3 CBs; preferably 6ft’ers. He is isn’t likely to deploy any of the wingbacks as a LCB/RCB in a 3-man defence because their small stature make them a target for the opposition to exploit with back post crosses. 
 

 
I can't find the quote anywhere but I'm pretty sure Wenger used to say that the biggest impact a coach can have is he can make good players look bad.

That's my fear at the moment. I think on paper we've a strong squad, I worry that we're going to see them struggle as a result of the patterns/circuits they'll be asked to play.
I personally don't care too much about manager.

I care more about player that we sign. We used to laugh at arse/spuds signing, now I feel like the role is reversed. 

 
On the topic of Maresca, I think any coach that signs for Chelsea will be biting off more than they can chew. Long gone are the days where someone like Conte walks into our dressing room and champions a team that finished 10th the previous season.

For me, it's all down to luck now. We just have to get lucky with one of the coaches that we keep on hiring.

 
The old saying ‘One nil to the Arsenal’ actually makes a lot of sense. The key is winning, not entertaining us necessarily.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Roll Eyes
Reactions: dkw
The old saying ‘One nil to the Arsenal’ actually makes a lot of sense. The key is winning, not entertaining us necessarily.
football is quite literally entertainment, what are you talking about? Do you read a book to enjoy the story or just to say you've finished it?

 
football is quite literally entertainment, what are you talking about? Do you read a book to enjoy the story or just to say you've finished it?
Shhhh.....dont give away the end....I am still trying to find Wally!

 
Back
Top