Will Potter win the League within the next 5 seasons?

Do you think we will win any silverware under Potter within the next 5 seasons?

  • Yes

    Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Undecided

    Votes: 9 20.0%

  • Total voters
    45
He either wins a league in his 3rd season or he leaves. So I don't think we see him for 5 and none. 

It's going to be weird when Potter does win the league though. Lot of people on here will be "happy" but probably not able to celebrate as they spend all their energy explaining how we'd have actually won it even better with Conte/Jose/Tuchel in charge. 
I don't think you can judge totally on league position. What if we finish 3rd and only 2 points behind the champions in 2025 (end of Potters 3rd season)? As long as were competing for the title in March/April/May.

 
I don't think you can judge totally on league position. What if we finish 3rd and only 2 points behind the champions in 2025 (end of Potters 3rd season)? As long as were competing for the title in March/April/May.
True, we need to be on 80+ points next season. Then 90 the season after for me. 

 
True, we need to be on 80+ points next season. Then 90 the season after for me. 
Potter's form over his first 15 league games for us averages out to a 50.6 point season (1.33ppg). You really think we'll be in the 80's next season? I doubt we can go on another shopping spree.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Potter's form over his first 15 league games for us averages out to a 50.6 point season (1.33ppg). You really think we'll be in the 80's next season? I doubt we can go on another shopping spree.
Yes I do think he can get 80. I don't think it's guaranteed obviously. But for me any manager coming in I'm setting them a target of being competitive in the league in their first full season. He's not even had a game in that season yet. 

Do you think if Potter wins the league with Chelsea you'll be happy? Or embarrassed? As genuinely some of the bilge on this forum since we drew nil nil with a well organised Fulham has been embarrassing. 

 
Winning the PL with Potter in charge would probably be our finest achievement ever, with heightened happiness due to how unexpected it would be 🙂 

And the bragging rights from winning the league and scoring just 38 goals in the process will be immense !

 
Even at the height of his super power with Brighton how many goals per game were they averaging? 

Football at this level is unforgiving, it's not a case of how much quality you've got in a team but what you can do with them. Hence Tuchel came and using same players that were leaking goals shored up the defence to be the meanest and built a foundation for CL glory. 

And for those that say what of Arteta, he's been given time and now look at Arsenal, let's not forgot who he was understudy to for years. If it can't count for something then what will? 

I love being positive but my positivity is always grounded in realism. I'll bet you that we will get knocked out in the next round of champions league and if we kept GP for 10 seasons and add Messi and Neymar to the squad he will never win the league. Especially against the league's current top managers. 

I said when he was appointed there were at least 7 or 8 managers clearly better than him so our best position will be 8th or 9th. I later posted I might have been really optimistic but the history, data and facts don't lie. 

Tuchel was sacked after taking 10 points from 18, we've since taken 20 from 45 points. Extrapolate that over the rest of season and we will be just around 52 points. In the last 12 seasons of the league only twice has that been good enough for a 7th place and most of the rest would have seen us in bottom half. 

What doesn't portend well is that we aren't currently playing better than any of the 8 above us and 2 of those below us, Liverpool and Villa I'll tip to get past us. So it's a cse of waiting for TB to realise the error of his ways and rectify it. 

He will, as Chelsea is more an investment than a passion as it was for RA. No billionaire likes to write off billion dollar losses especially when the metrics will show in more detail, what my off the top of head  estimations do. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't Flick make Conte look like a pussy cat when it comes to power struggles?
I have heard he gets very bullish regarding the fallen madonna with the big boobies

FTtI3LRXsAgqMJy.jpg


 
Yes I do think he can get 80. I don't think it's guaranteed obviously. But for me any manager coming in I'm setting them a target of being competitive in the league in their first full season. He's not even had a game in that season yet. 

Do you think if Potter wins the league with Chelsea you'll be happy? Or embarrassed? As genuinely some of the bilge on this forum since we drew nil nil with a well organised Fulham has been embarrassing. 
Of course I'd be happy. I was sceptical when he came in because I thought he was a downgrade on Tuchel, but I was hoping he'd prove me wrong. I didn't expect him to be this bad though, I thought we'd have Europa league form under him, not low mid table.form

 
I think winning a cup is achievable in the next couple of years, given the huge squad we have, and with a bit of luck. It needs to happen in the next couple of seasons, I don't think a 'patient' billionaire will wait any longer than that despite what he said in public.

 
I have heard he gets very bullish regarding the fallen madonna with the big boobies

My mate met him in a boozer in Kilburn recently he was with his Mrs and he sort of joined them he told them who he was and my mate said can we get a selfie with you he said I usually charge but a gin and tonic will suffice🤣

 
I voted undecided. My inclination is no but I don’t know how good the players we brought in are. Never mind Arleta it took van ten  hag two games to make Man U click. 

 
Improvement year on year has to be the realistic goal. League position itself, whilst being a goal is a variable, dependent on how other teams perform too. Since we last won the league we haven't got within 19 points of the title...improving this clearly has to be the initial aim. Many will point to the amount of money having been spent by the new owners, our purchase model though has now changed. Instead of buying players who can give an immediate impact we have gone down the riskier though possibly more rewarding way in buying potential. We could hit the jackpot and have a team ready for competing at the very top table in 2/3 years, similarly if a few of the purchases don't train on like expected, it could be a long hard grind back and mid table mediocrity. The one thing consistent with young players is that they are inconsistent, injuries can have their toll as can events in their personal lives. Who in normal life is the same person at 19 as they are at 27?  It should also be remembered that football honours tend to be cyclic and sometimes the team touted because of potential, never achieves it for one reason or another. Older posters will remember who was going to be the team of the 80s?

So can we win the league under Potter, yes but a lot thing have to go in our favour. A cup is a possibility, though you do need that element of luck. 

 
Improvement year on year has to be the realistic goal. League position itself, whilst being a goal is a variable, dependent on how other teams perform too. Since we last won the league we haven't got within 19 points of the title...improving this clearly has to be the initial aim. Many will point to the amount of money having been spent by the new owners, our purchase model though has now changed. Instead of buying players who can give an immediate impact we have gone down the riskier though possibly more rewarding way in buying potential.
Nothing really changed, that same goal was openly talked about by Sarri, that we are too far away from Man City and that the gap must be smaller first in order to later on challenge for something real.

And even after that we were buying potential, the whole point of signing Pulisic was due to his potential, same with Havertz later on and we have been trying to push the best talents that the academy has to offer as well.

Our reality hasn't changed, even if the owners are different they didn't really discover hot water by spending a lot of money.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
If the answer to this question is no, is there any point keeping him on and giving him another 300m in the summer?

 
If the answer to this question is no, is there any point keeping him on and giving him another 300m in the summer?
I think the rest of the season is vital. I'm still under the impression that Potter isn't safe, despite reports claiming he is. Next season onwards, it is crucial we make Top 4 consistently to comply with FFP and to be sustainable. 

Think now until the end of the season is a trial period. If we see improvement on the pitch and a clear identity, Potter will be trusted. If we continue to see the same clueless football with everyone fit and all these new signings, I think Boehly/Vivell will make a decision.  

 
Question is when Potter has time with his best players and we can finally judge him properly what are all the supporters (actually they're obviously not supporters so Potter haters) on here going to do?  When we start looking good will they be so hypocritical that suddenly they'll think he's the best thing since sliced bread?

 
Back
Top